Promote your story through the POV of one of the main character's family members!

I’m going to promote mine through the POV of my main character’s two little brothers.

These are her brothers

EMIL

KARIM: O-kay. So this is the story of my big sister, Ellie. She’s like fifteen.
EMIL: No, Karim, she’s sixteen.
KARIM: Yeah, sixteen. So our Mommy doesn’t cook good, and Ellie doesn’t know how to cook because Mommy’s always at work and doesn’t have time to teach her. But then she sees our Daddy on a cooking show, making comments about things other people cooked. I didn’t know it was our dad because I’ve never met him.
EMIL: I kind of remember him because I was 3 when he left.
KARIM: Yeah, you were three. But Ellie remembers him good, so she told us that she wants to take cooking classes so she can get on that show. And then, the next day, the next day, the next day---- she went to bring food to a wedding and she met this boy that liked the food she brought and went to get his grandma because…because— he thought she cooked it.
EMIL: And then his grandma told her that she owns a cooking school, so Ellie filmed a video where she was supposedly making some turnovers so that the grandma would think she made them, and let her take cooking classes.
KARIM: But—but the principal of that school is a bad person, and she doesn’t like Ellie and made fun of her on the first day of school.
EMIL: Yeah, I don’t like her. But I hope Ellie learns to cook so she can meet our dad and also because Mommy’s cooking is kind of nasty.
KARIM: Yeah, very nasty.

@Writers
@Episodians @WattpadWizards

4 Likes

Well, there aren’t any family member of my MC that are still alive so I can’t really do this :sweat_smile:

But maybe some people from the @TapasTeam and @Writers would like to try and promote their stories here?

3 Likes

The very opening there got me hooked, the sibling dynamic is very tangible ~

This isn’t a story I’ve published yet, I’m still working on it. It’s from the POV of the main character’s twin brother, who reminisces on the events of the story after it has ended.

Robin: A lot of people believe Marc’s motivations to have been purely political, but I don’t think that’s right. You see, one night we talked about everything that had happened, everything that was going on -really just trying to figure out the massive blur that were his most recent years and mine more generally. He never once mentioned things like the incident of the young ill, or sorcery or even the way society worked in general. I’m the one who held those sort of speeches, haha. With Marc, it was always about certain people, a nucleus he had if you want, whom he loved with all his heart; to the point that he held that nucleus over values. You should have seen the way he held on to those letters of pardon, like they were some kind of holy grail. Anything that had even the tiniest chance of giving us our lives back, he pursued. I think that’s why he followed the path he did. Because that path was the highest chance we had. It was flawed and nuclear and I don’t actually believe it was objectively the only option, but we had so little time that it felt like our only option. I don’t know if it was a mistake or not. Emerett still thinks it was, I think. I’m not sure. He says they -him and Marc- chose to postpone the conversation for a few years, to wait and have more perspective then. Marc also doesn’t know. We’re both glad to be where we are today, though.

2 Likes

Mike’s Mum, Cheryl:

“Last Christmas, Mike brought Jamie around to spend the holidays with our family. He told us that they weren’t his new partner, that they were only friends, F.O.Bs they called it. Michael and Jamie had meet years ago, Michael was always talking about them. Jamie is such a lovely person. We did love having them there with our family. Together they have such great chemistry, they’d make a perfect couple. I only hope that one day they both see this for themselves.”

Do they?

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity