Random Episode Opinions

I know I’ve not done a thread in such a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time because I have been busy with life. Anyway, let’s talk about random Episode opinions you may have!

Okay, here’s mine:

I remember the time I used to be like ‘LL is better than INK’ and now I’m like, I like both of the art styles. Some stories are great in LL, some stories are great in INK. I know there’s LL version of the stories that were written in INK but sometimes, there isn’t any point in waiting for the updates in LL version since some of the authors may be busy with everything going on with their lives or because they lost the passion for writing on Episode.

We can all agree that the featured stories on Episode are cringe and hypocritical! Funny Episode preach about making the app 13+ yet the featured stories they advertise are like rated M/R. Makes no freaking sense!

2 Likes
  • I don’t like “You” stories where the main character is a reader-insert because they usually have no real personality, and even when they have a backstory, it’s usually nothing like my life anyway, so why would I play as ‘me’ if my fictional mom is the total opposite of my real mom, the MC doesn’t even like what I like, and nothing about the MC’s life is usually relatable to me? If the author is going to allow readers to name the MC because some people do enjoy self-inserting, at least give us a default name so we can use the name the author envisioned.

• Type-in choices feel so fake. Like why ask me what my favorite singer or food is if I can’t have an authentic conversation about it with any other character? They’ll just react to it, no matter what I type it, but me knowing it’s not a genuine reaction just makes it feel pointless.

• Why do we have dogs and horses BUT NOT CATS??!!

4 Likes

Oh man, tell me about it! It makes no sense when the main character is called “You” after you given the MC a name. It would have been better to just give the default name in the first place.

Yep, what if the character doesn’t like what we like? Makes no sense!

Tell me about it!!! There needs to be cats in Episode! I want to see lots of Episode stories about cats.

4 Likes

^^^ This though. That’s sooo true. OMG!

4 Likes

I feel like the episode team is starting to listen to the community. Though it just depends on what they do with next months update looks like.

3 Likes

Me too, they are definitely improving in listening to their community. Taking down stories/authors that are violation guidelines, listening to the community about updates.

3 Likes

I hate stories about overdramatized abuse or abuse in general.

6 Likes

I hope it’s true although I’ve not been on the Episode Forum or this forum in ages.

2 Likes

Yeah, I totally get that! They are definitely starting to listen to the community about the updates. Before they were just releasing silly updates that didn’t match to what they had been releasing before switching to monthly updates. Now they are releasing backgrounds, clothes, animations, overlays, and hairstyles now. This month we got all of that in one go. Grant it, it was only one hairstyle for females. They gave us a buzz cut for females and possibly one hairstyle for males if I remember correctly. It was period clothing too! Not just another round of pride clothing which I’m glad they didn’t do because we got a lot of pride clothing already. We didn’t need any more. Sorry for the delay in answering! Just got caught up with stuff!

1 Like

Recently I’ve been really loathing power imbalance romances

1 Like

Power imbalance romances? I haven’t heard of that term before. Is it about power couples like romance?

1 Like

When one or the other has like, extremely crazy power/ higher authority than the other
It probably has a real name but that’s the best I could describe it :sweat_smile:
Mostly when a big part of the plot is one or the other extremely flexing their power :person_shrugging:

Like: boss/ assistant, billionaire/ mega broke person, lowkey star athlete/ a nobody “nerd”, mafia leader/ random civilian
That’s just what comes to mind, tho lowkey I don’t know if all those fit into the category I just said :joy:

2 Likes

Oh okay! That makes sense then! I think it’s a good term for those types of stories. I know they can become repetitive which causes people to get tired of them at times. Probably why I stopped reading some Episode stories. They overkill that trope so much!

2 Likes

One thing I’ve always admired about user stories is that they make their stories really enjoyable by not including gem choices everywhere. It’s not like that anymore obviously and I’m not mad because it’s their story. I’m just wondering where this happened :sob: I was off Episode for years and just got back into it last week. The gems problem is making Episode more of a paid platform more than a free one.

One of the reasons a lot of authors use gems now is because we practically need gems in order to rank on the top 100 of the genre our story is in. More gems spent = higher ranking.

I would never include those kind of gem choices where the reader is shamed/bullied for not choosing the free choice, but I do use gems to see bonus scenes and special content, and in some scenes, to have cooler outfit choices. The basic outfits are still cute, though.

2 Likes

The new monthly art releases are a little a lot underwhelming

1 Like

Our wish has been granted, they finally added cats in Episode. Yay!

4 Likes