Random Opinions & Pet Peeves: Music Edition

Okay I read this thing and it said “being attractive doesn’t mean your music is good” while this is true, it also doesn’t mean it’s bad. Just because a person is physically attractive that doesn’t mean their fans only listen to them because of that. I’m not listening to a persons face. I’m not attracted to everybody I listen to but I can’t deny that some of them are, that doesn’t mean I’m only listening because I’m attracted to them.

If you find a singer or band member attractive and that gets you into their music then that’s fine because all that matters is that you found it.

If I was only listening to people I found attractive then Shawn Mendez would be on my playlist and he is most definitely not.

4 Likes

Hi, i am captain obvious and…

Michael :clap: Jackson :clap: is :clap: a :clap: KING!!!

2 Likes

I agree.

It’s okay to find a certain band member or musician attractive but don’t approach them with rubbish like, “OMG LET ME HAVE YOUR BABIES! F**K ME, DADDY!” That’s creepy and inappropriate.

2 Likes

Omg it really is I was watching a video of a concert and this random girl just yells “DADDY” and the singer looked so uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Which concert was it? Man I don’t blame the guy for being uncomfortable.

2 Likes

It was an Andy Black concert, while I find him attractive I would not yell that

1 Like

Ohh okies

Yeah, I don’t blame him for being uncomfortable. I swear fangirls are so horrible, sending death threats to the band member’s girlfriends & wives. Absolutely immature!

2 Likes

They also create hate pages on instagram it’s awful, what on earth goes through a persons head to think “I really hate this person because they’re dating a person I find attractive so I’m gonna create a hate page and attack people who do like them, then when the fans defend themselves I’ll call them psychotic”

2 Likes

It’s absolutely childish.

When I was 19 and had an IG account, I remember one girl was being so mean to this band member’s girlfriend just because she’s not big chested and big butt. Totally out of order of her to bodyshame this woman (the woman she body shamed was Tatum) and when I defended her in the comment section, Tatum stalked my IG account and she said that she wanted her hair like mine. I wasn’t expecting this but it was really sweet of her to randomly comment on one of my selfies. She’s (was idk) the girlfriend of Brandon Hoover of Crown The Empire.

1 Like

That’s really nice of her tbh, they shouldn’t have body shamed her it’s just rude. Do they really think that the band member they fancy are gonna look at their hateful comments and think “oh my goodness that person is correct I must break up with my girlfriend and start a relationship with this person”

1 Like

That girl had no right to body shame Tatum Jones just because she doesn’t have big boobs and bum. I mean fair enough if you don’t like the love interest but there was no need to be horrible to the band member and the partner.

Btw this is the couple I was telling you about. Tatum is really pretty and classy.

1 Like

She looks really pretty tbh, who cares about her bum and boobs?

1 Like

Exactly. Plus, band members are allowed to have preferences!

Boy it’s ridiculous when fangirls really get butthurt over band members getting engaged or married.

Also, I once heard a story from an Architect fangirl who was crazy about this guy named Adam that she took a selfie with him, kissing him on the cheek. Guess what happened when she was stalking him on IG?

1 Like

Oh my goodness what happened?

He blocked her on IG. This girl went crying to me about it and I didn’t know what to say tbh, I tried to warn her about being so crazy about giving him a kiss on the cheek. Like she was PMing him stuff like, “Hey Adam, remember me? It’s Sarah. You toured in Indonesia.” and so on. I don’t blame the dude for blocking him.

And oh man, you’re going to laugh at this and this is something I was guilty of haha. Basically on my Twitter, I made a passive aggressive tweet saying, “There was this one fangirl who got blocked by a band member and jeez, I don’t blame him.” and she responded, “Are you talking about me?”

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

I don’t blame him either, there’s a difference between showing how much you like a person because of their music or whatever they did to please you but really throwing yourself at them takes it too far.

1 Like

Haha I know right. I was dying with laughter when that happened! Poor guy, he must have felt really uncomfortable with all of these emojis from her too like :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes: :love_letter: :kiss: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, remember Chris Motionless’ rant on Tumblr? It was well written and he was speaking the truth when people approach a band member saying that they “saved my life”.

I couldn’t have said this better myself.

2 Likes

Wow yes I agree with him! It’s true I was watching a bvb concert and Andy even said that some bands/businesses are trying to make it seem like being an outcast and being bullied and a whole bunch of other horrible things are things that you should be in order to be a fan. The inspirational messages on merch and stuff is a horrible way of grabbing money from fans.

It must be really hard for band members to see fans coming up to them showing their scars and being told they saved peoples lives, it’s an emotional weight. Chris is right these people have saved themselves, you see so many memes crediting bands for saving lives and while I can say that the bands I love have given me a sense of belonging and made me feel less alone ultimately it’s me that has pulled myself out of that state even if the band has given me a push.

During the concert Andy said something along the lines of “don’t bring us your razor blades bring us a smile on your face to show us you got over something”

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Bands would appreciate you more if you say:

• Hey. Great show!
  • I love the new album
  • Rock on
1 Like

If I were to meet any of my favourite band people the only thing I would tell them they inspired me to do was write music and learn bass guitar :joy: even then those things were my choice

I would tell them how good they were on stage, I’d ask them questions about their album (if ever given the chance) I would even compliment them for taking the time to talk to me. I wouldn’t thank them for the music because it wasn’t a gift directly to me, it was for everyone and I show my gratitude by buying the album :joy:.

1 Like