Random Opinions & Pet Peeves: Music Edition

That’s fair enough because it’s not like you were telling them, “Oh you’re my hero.”
I used to write poetry when I was around 15 and was inspired by these bands.

And true that. It’s more than enough!

1 Like

I might call them my hero or my idol in my head but that’s an image of them I built for myself, kinda like an imaginary friend type thing. In real life they’re probably nothing like how I imagine them to be therefore I’m not going to treat them as such :joy:.

1 Like

Same here

They’re all humans, like us.

1 Like

I think it’s about time people realised this

And don’t get me started on fanfiction 🤦

1 Like

Fanfiction makes me cringe so hard :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I’ve heard that band members don’t really care about the existance of fanfic except when people bring it up to them in real life

2 Likes

That’s even disturbing. Especially when it’s all rated R, yikes!!

1 Like

There are some well known ones

Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross were “shipped” together as Ryden and then the “Milk fic” was created, it was disgusting even Brendon said it was disgusting but he saw the funny side kinda.

Gerard Way and Frank Iero were “shipped” together as Frerard do not get me started on this one the people who ship it make it seem like they are in some teen drama novel

2 Likes

Oh man, shipping band members made me cringe back then. Especially when they wrote about cheating on their girlfriends and all that.

Remember when one of the band members of MCR cheated on his wife, one boy on Twitter treated something about how ugly his wife is and that was plain rude.

1 Like

Yeah Mikey cheated on his wife at least I think they were married, if not engaged. People took it way too far. Tbh it’s nobodies business but those involved. I’m a big MCR fan but that made me step away from the fanbase.

1 Like

I don’t blame you tbh, it was ridiculous when people are like, “Ahahah Mikey’s wife is ugly” and all that nonsense. Honestly, that really took the cake.

1 Like

The lead guitarist Ray Toro doesn’t even post on social media and I don’t blame him tbh the fans can be so inappropiate and you kinda hit a time in life where you just don’t wanna see people calling people you know ugly on a daily basis and asking inappropiate and intrusive questions.

1 Like

Exactly!

Social media can be very toxic.

1 Like

Missy Elliott is overrated, a lot of people tell me they don’t listen to hear

I liked her song Get Your Freak On

1 Like

Just because a band isn’t releasing music as often as they used to that doesn’t mean they’re breaking up. I’m sick of seeing “confession pages” of people anonymously saying “the band is fading away they’re gonna break up” okay so despite the fact the members of the band the people who know better than anyone have said on multiple occasions that there are no plans to break up, you think you know better than they do :joy:.

Just be patient, if you’re leaving a fanbase because you have to wait between albums then that says alot about you as a person :joy:.

Stop going around telling people that their favourite band is going to break up when articles and interviews clearly state otherwise. You don’t have “insider information” so stop pretending you do.

2 Likes

Maybe the bands need a break from touring and making music. They have got to respect that!

1 Like

Exactly! When you’ve been in a band for a while it’s actually healthy to take a break.

1 Like

Of course. A break is well needed for these bands! They need time to clear their mind since they’re probably too tired from performing at the studio or at concerts.

Also, they have families to take care of.

1 Like

The band in particular that inspired this slight rant are actually making plans to re release their first album sooo not breaking up

1 Like