Rants and Complaints About the Episode App

Thanks for the link to Alphan’s racism

2 Likes

You made very clear points about the Episode app.

My experience with Episode

I’ve started using the app around 2017 (when INK was a thing) and I think the first featured story I read was TroubleMaker and Bad Boy Bachelor (which was pretty hilarious). Obviously, I had no clue on how the community stories were created back then but there were a few stories I enjoyed very much when I first started reading stories on Episode such as Cupid Chokehold (the first season was about a guy who goes on dates with the girls and the second season is where you play as the woman, looking for a guy to date), My Episode Lover and I can’t remember the other stories I enjoyed reading around that time. Oh yeah, Maneater by Kenia (I recommend that story).
Around early 2018, I started using Episode again and read a lot of great Episode stories that were written in LL art style and enjoyed other community stories such as Maternal Instinct, The Roses Killer, Kelly: Revenge, Oh My Ghost, Ghostwriter, Dead Woman Walking, Speak and that was the time, I joined the Episode Forum (some of you may know me as SaltedCaramel93 where I was very unlikeable at the beginning, I must admit). But anyway, I didn’t expect many stories to have such mature themes considering the fact that the app is 13+ but of course they have changed the guidelines for every author (I’ll get to the hypocrisy part).

What went wrong with Episode?

A lot of things to be honest.

First of all, I find it very hypocritical of Episode to be preaching about every story should be 13+ but they let some authors get away with that stuff such as glorifying nasty things such as r*pe, toxic relationships, abuse. It sickens me that there are impressionable readers, think that stuff is okay. These are not okay, they’re all traumatising.

I already rant about this in one of the threads but I was so grossed out when I came across a story called A Heartbreak Century which is about the MC, falling in love with her bully. That is absolutely disgusting! Why glorify this? People have been bullied and they think this is okay? No, no no and no. I am sick of hearing this “If a guy/girl picks on you, it means he/she likes you.” No it doesn’t, stop giving people the impression that abuse is okay! Bullying someone is not okay and it’s not sexy, either!

Authors I have issues with

Well not that I have interacted with them but I have seen the horrendous stuff they glorify. I’m talking about authors such as:

• Miss MJ (yeah, I’m looking at you! How dare you glorify that trash from Taste The Darkness. I don’t want a man like him)!
  • Alphan (aren’t you the twt that glorified rpe? That’s disgusting)!
  • Bukkii (Didn’t she cry on her IG live about her stories getting removed? Sorry sis, no sympathy for you for glorifying such trash)!
  • Cindy G (Oh boy, we all know how problematic she is)

Don’t mind me shading the f*ck out of these authors but I know there are other authors who aren’t innocent, glorifying such gross stuff which I have already mentioned in my rant. As an aspiring writer myself, I will NEVER write stories that glorify such gross stuff like that.

Repetitive concepts

Oh boy, don’t get me started! I am sick of these plots that have:

• Bad boys that are extremely unlikeable
  • Transformations (stop trying to tell readers that wearing glasses, hoodies & joggers and reading books mean you’re “ugly”)
  • Mean girls that are mean to random girls, just to please their boyfriends/boys they like
  • MCs that are virgins (I’m not trying to shame people that are virgins but can we stop fetishising them? It’s gross)
  • Pregnancy as a competition (there are women out there that can’t have kids so why glorify that?)
  • Misrepresentation of certain ethnicities and nationalities
  • MCs with the “I’m not like the other girls/guys”
4 Likes

You mean since the LI was a vampire in Bite My Tongue? 'Cause if so, I was never really into vampire LIs in the first place.

I heard that she wrote the stories Living With the Vampire Brothers and My Psycho. I have
never heard about those stories, but based on those threads in the Episode forums I read, I can see why. Disgusting. :face_vomiting:

I’ve only recently heard about the author Cindy G, so I’m curious: how is she a problematic author? :thinking:

2 Likes

Exactly! When I saw screenshots of this, I was absolutely disgusted! I don’t really like vampire or werewolves stories myself. I’m more of an incubus/succubus kinda girl aha (well I’m a woman so I call myself the succubus).

Yep, she glorified r*pe in them stories and she also glorified psychopaths. Ironic how in the first episode she contradicted herself in the disclaimer she made saying that the readers shouldn’t glorify psychopaths when she straight up done it herself, saying “make him hot”. Nah mate, anyone that’s toxic is unattractive AF! It made me cringe that some people defended her.

Well, it’s a very long story. She has accused people of plagiarising her story ideas when they are not similar to hers at all, Idk if you know a guy named Carter (author of Sorority Stalkers, very good story but sadly it got discontinued) she accused him of copying Envy when it’s not similar to each other. Sorority Stalker is set in a sorority house whereas Envy is about cheerleaders and she obviously made a passive aggressive villain in her story Dirty Little Secrets (she named him Cunter). Also, in her other story Something Wicked, she made a passive aggressive character name Thea Thyme (a jab at an Instagram account, TeaTime) and the characters in the story celebrated her death. Trust me, that woman has been causing a lot more problems. There was this time, I made a thread about her story Lifelike and obviously people were stating her opinions. Instead of confronting me, she got her friend Caitoriri to message me about it and tell me to close the thread which was very guilt trippy of her.

If you’re interested, here is the link

https://forum.shanniiwrites.com/t/episode-author-kills-off-real-life-critic-in-story-encouraging-violence-or-is-revenge-justified-thoughts/2161/14

1 Like

I actually enjoyed both this and Envy.

whose this?

She’s the author of the stories that glorify dominant men who s*xually harass women (The Heat Inside, No Self Control, The Tension, and more)

1 Like

U inhuman, no doubt about it.

1 Like

I really hate this K*ss List, the whole concept of it makes me wanna gag. Who thinks that’s okay?!! It’s basically glorying bullying and playing with people’s feelings.

4 Likes

True, and the MC is such a Mary-Sue. Every time the best friend mentions the person on the K*ss List’s hobby or skill, the MC somehow is already skilled at that skill (I.E., Wolfgang plays guitar—so does the MC!)

Mariam’s Kiss List is much better to read than that trash.

2 Likes

EXACTLY!! And WHY even agree to it in the first place?! That’s just… UGH! It’s just glorying hurting people for a self made goal.

1 Like

She wants to “dethrone” Riley from taking the Queen Bee spot so she can take over and make things worse. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I mean- If she wants to rid the throne of bullies, she just needs to show them how to stand up for themselves. And the fact that she said the girl in middle school “had it coming” to have a bottle smash on her head! Like… REALLY?!

2 Likes

I know, that was so uncalled for!

And @BrutallyBritish, so from the thread about what Cindy did in her story Something Wicked, you’re telling me that she’s both immature and racist? (Based on her other stories)

1 Like

Exactly! NOBODY deserves to be injured like that! I know the MC’s sister was bullied to the point she tried to do something horrible, but that’s no excuse! At this point, except for It’ll Be Our Secret (and I dunno how or why I like it) only read featured story for Gems/wish list photos.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the drama that people like in that story, Idk. Kay B seems like a sweet woman, but she has to step away from this glorifying of cheating and unnecessary drama.

2 Likes

Yeah, but to a degree, I do understand what the MC did (NOT saying it’s okay) because the husband was horrible. AND I’ve noticed that A LOT of scenes are almost IDENTICAL to those that were in “Whoops I’m Pregnant”

1 Like

Really? Do you remember which ones? (I didn’t read that far into that story before it got removed because the situation of it made no sense)

1 Like

The baby reveal, the birth, basically all the scenes involving the baby. I watch it being played on YT a lot, so when I have time, I’ll watch it and play through “It’ll Be Our Secret” and make a list of every almost identical scene exactly.

Also, in “I’ll Be Our Secret”, am I the only one who wanted to punch Frank & Shandy in the face?

2 Likes

I’m not sure about the racism part (I can’t remember mentioning that, sorry my mind is dead haha). But yes, she was extremely immature, picking on a random child like that.

1 Like