Rate the Plot 🖋️

In this thread, post plot ideas and set up a poll for people to rate the plot 1-10! :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Set to watching :eyes:

4 Likes

Set to watching as well. :blush:

Could I post an idea for a scene instead of the whole plot? I have a scene in mind for my novel but I want to make it the best it can be.

3 Likes

Yeah! I’m pretty sure that’s acceptable, it is part of your plot overall. :eyes:

3 Likes

Okay, thank you.

3 Likes

Where’s the poll?

3 Likes

A Face In the Glass

“She’s never seen her face.
She’s never been outside.
She sees the same people over and over again.
Life for her never changes.
She’s never thought about escaping until…”

More Details

Basically the story follows Lainey, a girl locked in a mansion/castle. Her creepy mother doesn’t allow her to see her face, dresses her up like a doll and has schedule and order for everything. But from the creepy maids to the curtains in her bedroom, she just can’t get past the darkness in her mansion.
Jacob is a thief that lives in an empty, poor town just outside of the castle. No one knows what goes on in the castle anymore, no one really cares. So when he makes a deal with a strange man to explore that castle and find the magical thing inside, he takes it.
If only they all knew that when he crashed through the window, the mansion’s walls would finally crumble.

Poll:

0 voters

The poll is completely anonymous btw! So feel free to leave your honest opinions.

Oh yeah and if you guys wanna read it (it’s complete and it’s not that long) and THEN rate it (or just read it if you like it) here it is:

Feel free to explain your rating as well lol.

5 Likes

There are a few points that didn’t seem to fit. I liked the concept of the scene tho.
Ok so for example, this:
“Well, hurry, please.” I turn back towards the window and clutch my locket “Because I can feel my walls cracking down,” I whisper softly.

Having her say, “Because I can feel my walls cracking down” seems just really awkward for her to say.
Maybe you could put it in italics so we know that she’s thinking it but won’t actually say it because she doesn’t trust Elizabeth.

Also, in the scene, they seem like the same character. You have them both whisper, you have them both talk about how they don’t trust people easily. You might wanna either give the readers a reason for them whispering or cut it out and have one character whisper.

2 Likes

Okay…sorry.

Ah okay. Thank you.

1 Like

What kind of tone do you want each character to like come across as?

1 Like

Well, I wanted Amber to be more closed off and Elizabeth to be frustrated.

1 Like

Well Amber does sound closed off but Elizabeth does not at all come off as frustrated lol. If anything I thought she really cared about Amber and maybe was a tiny bit frustrated at the end but not really. So I think you probably have to work on fixing that.

1 Like

Ah okay. Yeah Elizabeth was trying to be nice at first. But by the end Elizabeth was supposed to be frustrated because Amber wasn’t talking to her.

Maybe you could help me in a PM?

1 Like

Sure!

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity