Regarding Advertising Discord Servers

Hi all,

I am on break so I won’t be able to answer many questions on here. However, I think it’s time for me to clear up a bit of Forums confusion.

Can you advertise Discord servers and other forums on the ShanniiWrites Forums?

Well, we’ve made it clear before that we really don’t want people using our platform to tell our users to go to somewhere else. Like, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth, if you ask me. It’s really unfair on us and undermines all the work we have put into making the Forums what they are, so we usually don’t allow it.

The thing is that our community is still rather small. When you tell people to split off into lots of little groups, none of the groups will be that active. If we’re all in one place, the activity and the fun will pick up drastically. 10 people on 20 different Forums or Discord servers will not have as much fun as 200 people in one place because things will inevitably be more silent everywhere.

Now, I can’t stop you from leaving and making your own rival forum or server. However, I won’t allow you to use the server space I pay money for each month to tell people to go elsewhere.

There are some occasions when this could change. If you have a special reason why you need a server thread and you are sure it won’t interfere with Forum traffic, please come directly to the @AdminTeam and let us know. We’ll tell you if your thread is exempt and let the Forum Staff know so that they won’t close it.

I hope this makes sense!

@Announcements

31 Likes

I fully understand that. I’m not going anywhere.

3 Likes

Some user may leave but not to do forum but doing life outside of the internet.
Like play a game that they never play before to spend time with family is more importantly then starring at a computer all day.

Although Christmas is coming again but it honor Jesus and the important to me and my family. So I will be off during Christmas Eve and day so I can spend time with my family.

Make sure you spend time with family before their time is up on earth :earth_africa:.

Added #social-media tag :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

Bump!