Renaissance Art

The renaissance is well known for the extreme influx of artwork that accompanied it, so here is a thread for you guys to share and discuss your favourite works!
The period was very much inspired by the more simple things, like nature, and while the period does not contain my more favourite artworks, there are a number that I enjoy

The mona lisa ^
This is probably one of the most well known pieces of art from the renaissance, painted by Leonardo da Vinci in the 1500s
I’m just in wonder at how on earth they make all their brush strokes just… :sparkles: poof :sparkles:
Saint George and the dragon, painted by Michaelangelo
Idk what it is about this image, but the size of the dragon suggests ‘Saint George’ is murdering a child, which just doesn’t sit right with me, so I don’t really like it that much

Feel free to share your favourites and critiques/comments of them!!

@Artists

2 Likes

This is a weekly-theme too, so just wanted to give it that tag. (wink)

1 Like

*vibrates*
these are my two fave paintings by Da Vinci no i don’t get tired of talking about these:

Saint John the Baptist

St John the Baptist with the Attributes of Bacchus

Aside from Da Vinci (and as cliche as it may sound) i’m fascinated by the ceiling at the sistine chapel

especially by “The Creation of Adam” (but idk if i’m allowed to share that one here)

3 Likes

I think we’ll be learning about it next year and I can’t wait :sob:

Closed due to inactivity