Researching Military For An Army Story

Hi everyone! I’m writing an Army/Military Story! But I want to get my facts right on it. Where/How would be the best way or places to research for it?

@RealisticWriting

1 Like

Moved to the help and advice section!

If you already know where your story is set, then find out what the military of that country is called and what branches it has - once you know that, see if they have a website (if they don’t, try googling the specific thing you want to know because there’s a chance that information is available to the public)

You’re probably going to want to start with the ranks/structures so that they’re properly referenced and then find out their duties
(This information is probably going to be easy to find - for example, if I searched up RCAF ranks to find the rank structure for the Royal Canadian Air Force, the first result is a government of Canada webpage for the air force ranks but even the image results have detailed infographics about the ranks)

If it’s a fictional country, you can either do just general military research or find an existing country’s military to model it after and go from there - of course, in this case, you can alter it however you want

3 Likes

How’s your army story going?

Closed due to Inactivity.