Rest In Peace Dan Foster šŸ™

Iā€™m not sure how many of you know Dan Foster but Iā€™m gonna write about him because his death struck home.

For those of you who donā€™t know:

Daniel ā€˜Danā€™ Foster - popularly known as The Big Dawg and Top Dawg- was a Nigerian-based American radio personality. Formerly an Idol series judge he also held a similar position with the Got Talent franchise.

Foster worked with numerous radio stations including Cathy Hughes Radio One, Mix 106.5 both in America and Virgin Island-based WTBN before moving to Nigeria in 2000 where he joined Cool FM, quickly becoming popular with Nigerian listeners, although he was constantly criticised for his constant use of the word ā€œIkebeā€ (Nigerian pidgin for derriĆØre). A year later, he received an award for Best Radio Presenter of the year. He also won 2003, 2004, and 2005 Nigeria Media Merit Awards for ā€˜Best Radio Personalityā€™.

Foster has also been recognised by the City People Awards: a respected organisation known for recognising outstanding individuals who have touched the lives of citizens in the community, they have named him ā€œMedia Person of the yearā€ in 2004 and again in 2005. He was also the creator and director of the Cool Fm Praise Jam concerts that have taken place since 2004, with a total of over 22, 000 people in attendance.

In September 2009, Foster left Cool FM for a new radio station Inspiration FM but left in 2014 to join City FM.

In May 2016, Dan Foster left City FM 105.1 to join Classic FM 97.3 radio station where he worked until his death in June 2020.

You can read more about him here!!

As someone who was fortunate enough to live with this man for a year and a half and see him on a daily basis, it hurts to see him go so soon. I send my condolences to his wife and his three children, Daniella Foster, Somtochukwu Foster and Kayla Foster.

What also hurts is that heā€™s not going to get the burial he deserves as heā€™s the body is now government property.

I- COVID-19 ainā€™t a joke. You donā€™t realise how bad it is until someone you know on a personal level is taken away from you. Stay the hell at home and take preventive measures. COVID is a thing, itā€™s still here and its killing people.

@Discussions

17 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah, as a COVID patient heā€™s body isnā€™t going to be given to his family because heā€™s still infectious :pensive:

5 Likes

rest in peace. :pensive: the covid-19 is getting real out here and im just praying itā€™s going to end soon.

7 Likes

May he Rest In Peace. :pensive: Thatā€™s so sad

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve heard of him beforeā€¦
But may his soul rest in peace. :heart::pensive:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think iā€™ve ever heard of him before but, may he rest in peaceā€¦ thats so sad to hear :heart: :pensive:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for you loss @Yomama. RIP Dan Foster. Ironically, I just watched a video that he was in last night. Itā€™s very sad that he is gone now.

2 Likes

I am so so so sorry, For your loss! May he rest in peace! In Jesus, Mighty Name! :pensive: :heart:

2 Likes

Amen :pray::heart:

2 Likes

Rip dude