RIP Prince Philip!

So, I’m sure all of the Brits and Irish folk on here have heard that Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, died on the 9th April 2021, aged 99
He was Queen Elizabeth’s husband, as well as the father to their four children: Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward.

Bit of backstory on him
  • He was born in Greece, however his family was exiled from there when he was only 18 months old.
  • He was educated in Fance, Germany and the United Kingdom
  • He joined the Royal Navy in 1934, and served in the second world war
  • He married Elizabeth on 20 November 1947
  • He was a sports enthusiast, and helped develop carriage riding

Alright, so feel free to share your opinions on this!

Personally, I didn’t know he existed until the uproar came around his death :joy::sweat_smile:
However, I’m interested to hear what those who knew him better think! :]

6 Likes

You didn’t know he existed. :joy:

1 Like

nope lmao
was thoroughly confused at what all the hype was ab

1 Like

Well, now you know. I was shocked.

1 Like

I didn’t know who he was too until ASA shipped us smh sm

1 Like

o
u gonna marry le corpse?

2 Likes

NO
Before he passed…

1 Like

ah yep

1 Like

i cant believe she did that lmao-

1 Like

Rest In Peace Philip

( I saw it on the news but he in a better place)

1 Like

ngl Philip’s death has no direct impact in my life so i’ve been mostly indifferent about it

HOWEVER, as one of my friends pointed out, he was older than India’s independence, which is really telling when it comes to British colonialism and imperialism and its history
so while it doesn’t affect me directly, and while i don’t wanna celebrate a death… well personally i’m taking his death as both a reminder that society has yet to heal and grow a lot, and as a benchmark of sorts, a reminder that time passes and we have to do better as humanity, and that we, younger generations, should be the change the world needs, as we slowly start to see the older ones fade out

2 Likes

This kinda scares me…
:flushed:

1 Like

as it should
it really puts things in perspective

2 Likes

What am I?! Chopped liver?! \j

1 Like

I suppose Elizabeth wasn’t able to share her immortality with him. Looks like she tried as best as she could, though. Almost 100.

Rest in piece, your Highness. I hope you were nicer in real life than you were on The Crown.

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity