Roleplaying News Discussion

What are your thoughts on teens in quarantine roleplaying as ‘Karens’ on Instagram?

There’s a growing trend on TikTok and in Instagram comment sections — accounts with names like “karen.williams.34,” “becky.fuller31,” and “barbarashappyfamily” are showing up in droves to post “Minion” memes, wine glass emojis, and comments like “TRUMP 2020.”

But while the profile pictures may show smiling blonde women with bob cuts, these aren’t your typical white American moms. These are teens roleplaying as “Karens.

Cited from this article:

As a community of knowledgable internet RPers and writers, I was wondering what your thoughts on this were?

12 Likes

i did not know about this, why wasnt i invited

4 Likes

HAHAHAHA. Love this reaction.

1 Like

OMG MINION MEMES

1 Like

Honestly I see them all over tik tok and find it simply hilarious how accurate it is, yet how bad it is.

5 Likes

Really? They’re all over there too?

2 Likes

omg ur on fake karen tiktok?
how do i get where you are im currently w the stoner witches

1 Like

is clueless about all of it

What.

1 Like

I was too. I found it last week and was like “Whaaat?”

1 Like

I’m sorry what? I’m so out of the loop but what do they get out of this?

2 Likes

That’s what I was wondering too.

1 Like

:skull: wtf how come no one told me-

1 Like

You would want to do this?

2 Likes

No I’d rather just like to sit back, watch and just laugh XD

2 Likes

Fair enough. BrookieK said above that she sees them on Tik tok if you wanted to watch there.

2 Likes

Ehhh, I mean these thing amuse me when I come across them but I wouldn’t really seek for them. It’s funny that people are doing this though, I wonder why and who came up with it.

3 Likes

This is true. I guess I feel the same way about it. Probably just some friends bored during lockdown.

1 Like

:flushed:

Ugh…for me to get on fake Karen tik tok you’ve got to get onto gay tik tok and the comedy side of tik tok. There are a few users known to play karens. if you follow them and like their posts it kind of just builds up

1 Like

clout. Money from views and followers? Fun

3 Likes