RP Advice Thread

Hey, I was thinking of creating a story to make a RP for everyone here but I need advice on how to do so? If I could get any tips and things to know when creating an RP? Only people who actually create them and control them should reply… or anyone who has knowledge, that’s fine too.

Here is a place where I hope can be the location of advice.
@RPers

6 Likes

Moved to #role-plays-and-games:chat and added a few tags :wink:

1 Like

Oh and advice I have…
I don’t have any advice regarding the actual creation of a story (lord knows I’m always in a creative deficit :laughing:) but once you do think of an idea, you can post it to the New Ideas Thread, which is where most people here go to find the newest ideas. It also helps you to gauge interest and see if making a signup thread is even worth it.

2 Likes

Oop guess I’m bumping this thread again :full_moon_with_face::joy:

But yeah, some other threads that can help you with creating a new RP and stouff:

4 Likes

Added a tag!

So yeah my advice, if anyone wants to create an RP, would be to not rush things and plan all of it out. Believe me, just a vague outline that’s in your mind might not help you at all times though that’s going to be fine as well. Though, planning everything out might not be advisable either, since the characters in your RP are not yours to control and things might change with them.

2 Likes

My advice for creating an RP, is to look at what you want your RP to become. What kind of writing do you want the RP to have, more developed paragraphs, or just a few lines per post. Do you want a very plot focused RP, do you want it to be more open world where the only thing tying the characters all together is the setting, or do you want it somewhere in the middle where there’s a core overarching feature of the RP that impacts all the characters but each character has their own plots developed intertwining with the other characters.
Also think carefully about what you want the RP to be, outside of the RP. When creating an RP, your focus is usually on the RP itself, but you have to think about outside of it as well. What crowd of RPers do you want to draw in, do you want the focus on just the RP, or do you want the RP to be what brings the RPers together to have fun chatting about the RP, writing, even other RPs, and everything else that comes up.

1 Like

Just added a tag

This is not an advice for creation of RPs but rather for when you are going to create a character. Before reserving, make sure you already have a character idea in mind so you won’t have to frown on yourself for having no ideas. This does not only help you, but the creator as well since what your reserve is what they expect and if you just drop your reserves, they’d be disappointed and all that. Also, it would be nice if you start them as soon as you reserved them/made up the idea. Just a theory but this might prevent you from procastinating too much.

@RPers, do you have some tips or advice for your fellow RPers?

4 Likes

Well, I do have ideas for my characters, but then I have to type it out and arghhhhhhh

3 Likes

now that is the hard part-

3 Likes

Best advice to all RPers, be patient. Everyone has lives and don’t live in the same timezone as you, so just be patient.

1 Like