Russia's COVID-19 vaccine

Russia has claimed that they have a vaccine for the coronavirus prepared and in final stages of rolling out. However, the vaccine does not seem to have been rigorously tested and could potentially have significant health risks or side effects that would not be caught without testing. Having a bad vaccine could be significantly harmful for many different reasons, but there’s a lot of pressure to get a virus for the coronavirus quickly.

• What do you think should be done about this vaccine?
  • Do you think that vaccines should still undergo extensive testing, even during a pandemic?
  • Do you think that Russia is trustworthy about this?
Sources / More Information

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/europe/russia-us-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-08-21/russia-vaccine-roll-out-plan-prompts-virus-mutation-worries

2 Likes

Yes!

I’m skeptical. Plus… didn’t someone just die before their election or something? That was very suspicious :see_no_evil: I’m sure they’re on their way though since they have lots of good scientists. I’m just skeptical to wether the vaccine is ready to be released to the public.

2 Likes

With no offence to anyone, I’m really sceptical of anything that Russian government says. Public relations is practically a tradition in Russian politics, so whenever the government says something, you need to wonder why they chose to say it :sweat_smile:

• What do you think should be done about this vaccine?

To be frank, I don’t think there’s much we can do about it. I don’t expect it to see the light of the day or become available for testing outside of Russia, tbh.

• Do you think that vaccines should still undergo extensive testing, even during a pandemic?

Especially during the pandemics. Any mass complications may lead to decreased immunity, which might spread the pandemics even further. Also, to my knowledge, a vaccine is not going to actually stop the pandemics - it can only help contain it in the future.

• Do you think that Russia is trustworthy about this?

I’ll… Refrain from any longer comments. Suffice to say, I expected Russia to announce it has a vaccine from the very start, and I’m surprised it only did it so late :expressionless:

4 Likes

I think they should take the time to perfect it.

Yes! We don’t need any more health problems alonside the virus :sob:

Tbh I don’t trust any government-

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity