SAAM (Sexual Assault Awareness Month)

Alright, this month is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), this is very important to spread awareness and prevention. No matter where you are from, everyone needs to be protected and to prevent this from happening to anyone. As a survivor myself, I just want to spread this message to everyone.

To all survivors/victims of sexual assault, you are strong. I’m sorry this happened to you. I know it took a lot of courage to tell someone/anyone you trust about it. You/Anyone don’t deserverse this. It’s not easy to let go because it’s stuck with you forever. Keep holding on, and stay positive.

Now, I’m not really good with words but giving my best shot at this.

Alright, to those who have NOT experienced sexual assault. I’m going to give you some tips, to prevent this from happening.

1. Always beware of your surroundings and the people with who you hang out with.
  2. Never trust anyone, especially your family members.
  3. If you are attacked, yell, scream, shout or do anything to attract attention.
  4. Don’t talk to strangers.
  5. Always carry your cellphone at all times.
  6. Never accepts rides from strangers who you don’t know.
  7. If you’re going somewhere, always go with people who you trust and not alone.

If you need some more tips, check out these link, and raise awareness. Sexual Assault can happen to anyone at any age, any time, any place, and anywhere. Please protect yourself, and others.

Link: https://wagner.edu/public-safety/crime-prevention/tips-preventing-sexual-assault-2/
Link: https://www.rainn.org/articles/steps-you-can-take-prevent-sexual-assault
Link: https://hawaii.hawaii.edu/sites/default/files/assets/security/docs/sexualassault_prevention.pdf

If you are writing a story about sexual assault, and you have any questions, put them down in the comments so we can talk. Remember that you can’t show, nor glorify, and description of it. I hope this helped…

6 Likes

I’m also creating a group chat for sexual assualt surviors, if u want to join, message me on @lanafrazer.episode on instagram, if u do have instagram, if you don’t have it. It’s okay. Alright, so let’s talk and discuss if you want. I’ve already posted this up on Episode Forums as well. I think my points are just only talking about prevention.

2 Likes

ok, so idk why, maybe it’s something I can’t remember or maybe I’m just pretty empathetic, but this is a slightly triggering topic for me so I apologise if my next few sentences are a bit erratic.

All of your points are correct and definitely i’d like to second them. I personally know a few survivors, and they are far from weak.
A few things to help those who have told you about something like this happening to them:

• Do not try to take control over the situation (unless they ask you to and you are in a position to do so) and never force them into anything they don’t want. It’ll only make their emotions and stress levels much worse.
  • I advise asking them what they want to do. Give them the power, after such a thing took it away from them
  • Be sensitive. Don’t make jokes about it. Don’t laugh about it or treat it light-heartedly. Avoid talking about it unless it’s necessary or they want to talk about it
  • Be ready for the trauma. Nightmares, PTSD, depression and anxiety. All of these things are to be expected. Don’t ever blame them for their reaction. Their mind is defending and reacting, and all you have to do is be there.

Ok uh yea - there you go

2 Likes

Added #discussion & #awareness tags.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity