Scenes that made you drop a story immediately

Sometimes stories just have scenes that are so terrible that it makes you stop reading. Usually, terrible introduction scenes are most likely to do this, since I think that reflects on the story.

Have you ever dropped a story because of a scene?
What was one time where a single scene made you drop a story immediately?

10 Likes

I usually drop a story for bad introductions too, like “This is my first story” or “Sorry for bad English”. I also drop it if they describe everything, like the MC’s best friends life since their 6th birthday party on 7th June 2010 at 5:19. Not to forget bad grammar, spelling and no punctuation whatsoever. And this might not apply to a lot of people, but I drop a story once I see romance-

8 Likes

I was looking through my old Episode account and opened a story to find the MC in the hospital with SIX GUYS at the foot of her bed- sorry not into that-

5 Likes

That’s a lot of guys she’s stringing along :eyes:

2 Likes

you ever just reading the description of an amazon story and be like “hmm thats pretty interesting” but then it says ‘reverse harem’ at the end and you just have to throw it all away

4 Likes

Long introductions, going through each character and their personalites. Also, stories where we have to customize your family, friends and your dog’s family -

6 Likes

I once read a book that my aunt gave me where the MC spent a whole chapter complaining about how one of her boobs was smaller than the other to her 10-year-old sister

7 Likes

The struggle is real -

3 Likes

Honestly once romance gets involved on Episode I’m usually out becuase so few stories handle it well
The best on I’ve seen so far is probably Positively Princess, but the motivations made no sense for any of the love interests and the emo villain’s son prince was just unbareable

5 Likes

If a story starts with the MCs (often “diverse”) bestie forcing them to go partying I just can’t do it🤦🏻‍♀️

6 Likes

Yeah, you ever notice how the bestie or one of the love interests is always “diverse” but you have to customize the MC to make her anything but white?

This doesn’t apply to all stories, of course, but most.

3 Likes

Yeah, and the one diverse side character has no personality besides being crazy and “fun”, or if it’s a li he’s often the “bad boy”:thinking:

2 Likes

Half way through a story and this one particular scene just grossed me out and I stopped reading

1 Like

Romance lol

I’m sure @idiot.exe can relate :eyes:

2 Likes

oh and too much customization

and if the cover art is like two people kissing half naked

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said :star_struck:

3 Likes

Gross crap and extremely graphic scenes, as well as TMI.

There was this one short story that I decided to read because it was about teaching, but ewwww there were way too many TMI/bathroom/gross references that I couldn’t even make it to the third chapter.
There were only three chapters but I was too grossed out to read the last one.

1 Like

I once dropped a story because it was blaming a rape victim for getting raped

3 Likes

Disgusting. Fracking Disgusting.

2 Likes

This one time some random dude groped this girl and she found it super hot like no-

Sorry not into the sexual assault is hot mentality

1 Like