Second-hand Book shops

I don’t usually buy books because it seems like a waste of money for me, who only reads books once, and of the books that I buy, they’re always new copies

I don’t think I’ve ever gone to a second-hand book shop though hm, don’t think there are that many here since there’s this bookstore chain that is very popular here and I can imagine it’d be difficult to be for-profit against a company like that

But generally I get library books often, so in that sense it’s kinda second-hand?

3 Likes

The bookstore.

2 Likes

But, but, but… if there was a second-hand book shop there, then it would make sense for you too use it 'cause they’re cheap and you don’t have to keep them after reading. (wink)

2 Likes

But why buy when I can get from library for free? And like libraries are everywhere, several locations to drop off the books where with second hand book shops you’d (I assume, I have no idea how they work at all) you’d have to drop it off there in specific

2 Likes

Why not both? Libraries don’t have every book. (wink)

2 Likes

Truee hm maybe they’d have that book you recommended me to read—by that woman whose name I forget ;-; I think it’s war-based? Maybe not I don’t remember I just remember the library no have

Anyway turns out that there’s one like within forty minute walk from my house so might check it out after lockdown is lifted~

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe they might have a Paullina Simons book. HAHAHA! I mean, we find them in NZ at op shops all the time but it’s 'cause her books are SUPER popular here.

Woah. That’s a long walk! … When is lockdown lifting?

2 Likes

YES THAT WAS HER NAME AHA
Is she a Kiwi too, is that why her books are so popular there?

Is it? I mean it is in my opinion but I don’t like walking so am biased—but it’s pretty standard kinda :thinking: Anyway it’s like a five to ten minute drive, maybe twenty minute walk if I take a bus part of the way so really not thattt bad
Uh. Well. So June 2 they lift the stay-at-home order and June 14 is the beginning of a multi step reopening plan or something so teechniically it ends tomorrow (today for ya) but you can’t do anything until the 14th

2 Likes

Nope. She’s a U.S citizen, athough, her first 11 years were spent in Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg). Nah, just for some reason NZ and Aussie just sell her books much more (we devour them) and so she always releases them here first.

Me neither, but I think it is too. Still pretty bad, in my opinion.
WOO! That’s super exciting for ya, babe!

1 Like

I still haven’t found a second-hand book shop here but oh do I wish there is one. I might be going to America this summer so I’m already looking up those book stores! I think they are sooo so amazing! You could get such good deals and so many books…

@Bookworms What do think about second-hand book shops? Do you go to them?

3 Likes

Love them.

I reckon you’d love them here. Especially one that’s in the South island.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity