Serenity Medical - Official RP Thread

Serenity Medical

For a city nicknamed “the peaceful city”, Serenity is nothing but. That is, at least for the staff at North Star General Hospital, nothing is ever peaceful. North Star is the top hospital in Serenity, known for its top trauma care, ways of teaching upcoming doctors, and for having some of the best surgeons in the country. If something is wrong, you know you’ll be taken care of at North Star. The staff at North Star has to juggle patient care with the ups and downs of their own personal lives. Sometimes, the lines get blurred and work becomes personal, just as a new wave of interns will soon find out for themselves.

Set in the fictional city of Serenity, the characters are medical staff at North Star. This can include any type of hospital staff, including nurses, surgical interns, and attending surgeons. I will create case files for patients that will have to be taken care of. If desired, you may portray a patient or their family, but I will make sure that the patients have realistic symptoms, which could cause patients to die. Not all the patients will be curable, which the medical staff taking care of that patient will have to deal with. (For example, the doctor on the case could develop a bond with their patient, only for the patient to die. Or a decision made could lead to a patient’s death, which would impact the doctor.) You do not have to have medical knowledge, (well you could always research the symptoms which could help you out, but you don’t have to) I will guide you through it so don’t worry about that.

Along with the patient care, the medical staff will be interacting with each other. Due to their demanding schedules, the characters see a lot of each other, so any type of relationship could develop.

There’s freedom to focus on either part of the RP you want. You can focus on the character’s personal lives, the medical care, or a mix of both. This RP has a lot of flexibility to make what you want out of it.

Faceclaims: Link
Patient Files: Link coming soon!
Patient Idea Form: Link

New Characters can still join at any time.

Tags:
@GlitterFist @unsungcheerio @phnx @angelic @LunaticLeviTheSecond @passionfruit @Sophia1233 @Caticorn @Mystique.violet

4 Likes

It’s a nice sunny day In Serenity, calm throughout the city, even within the halls of North Star General. The new interns had just arrived the day before, surprised by the lack of activity. However all of the experienced staff knew that it was merely the calm before the storm. Whether it was in their personal lives or an emergency arising in the hospital, life at North Star could only be calm for so long. Just as long as nobody claimed it was quiet they were fine with the calm as long as it lasted.

ORP: Alright! Feel free to post whenever you want! You have complete freedom currently, and I am working on finalizing the first few patients within the patient files, so when they are ready, at any time you can tag me for interacting with a specific patient.

4 Likes

John Mason

As last night’s shift went great I’ve felt this morning what I thought I never could feel again in my line of work. In my apartment, which now feels vacant since my roomate left not long ago, I’ve felt not only completely rested, but also waking up happy before the alarm rang to wake me up. It wasn’t sunny since it was 6am but the redness in the sky was much more captivating than the sun beaming into my eyes and blinding me awake. I opened the small, dirty window that is usually hard to open to watch it for a while, getting lost in my thoughts as I gazed at it. I’ve sat there on he roof of my bed, Stout’s head resting on my knees as I pet him, watching the view from my ‘window’ on autopilot. It wasn’t until the alarm rang I was brought back to reality. I closed the window, fed Stout and took a cold shower to wake up and to shock my body awake. (That’s actually what I say to myself every time because there is no hot water each morning, but this time round there was hot water but I failed to remeber how since my roomate moved out he isn’t the one using up all the hot water anymore.) I put on my nurse uniform and after feeding Stout, run to catch up with the bus. After arriving to the hospital I join the other nurses at the desk right at the entrance of the hospital.

ORP: Approachable

1 Like

Dr. Tristan Lockhart

Tristan arrived at the hospital early that morning. He was there to check on a patient he had operated on the day before. Normally he would be alright with waiting until when he would typically come in, but the patient in question had complications with their stitches. For some reason when Tristan had stitched the individual’s nose, the stitches wouldn’t stay. It took a couple of tries to keep the stitches from popping, so he wanted to be there early to be sure the stitches were fine so they would heal nicely. Once he had dealt with that, he walked back to the coffee cart by the front entrance. Coffee cup in hand he stopped by the nurses’ station by the front entrance. He didn’t have any other patients scheduled for a few hours, so he had time to stop and chat for a moment. “Morning. Hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

1 Like

John Mason

After taking a chart in my hands the plastic surgeon walked up to the desk and started chit chatting with me. Strange, but I’m up for it. Probably hasn’t got so many patients so he can do as he liked for the time being … Or was he just asking me to run some tests for him? It was time to check his intentions so I said “Morning doctor” with my brightest smile “You’re not interrupting much, so if you have something you need doing, nay bother.” I asked "Or has the storm finally arrived after it being so … " I couldn’t say the word calm or they would blame me if today the storm came in. It may seem superstitious, but when you’re overworked and you finally get some peace you try to grasp that peace and hold it from leaving with all you might and superstition is the most effective way. So instead of saying calm I say “Voldepeace.”

@Littlefeets

1 Like

Dr. Tristan Lockhart

Tristan would admit he didn’t stop to chat with the nurses often, but even then it was usually with the nurses that he worked with. Tristan watched as one of the other nurses nearby cut her eyes over towards them, a look that to anyone there clearly meant Don’t you dare say the Q word. “We’re doing alright this morning. I just had to be in early for a patient, then thought I’d drop by and see how things were here since I was coming through.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

1 Like

Closed by op request