Share the most relatable scene from your story!

Do you have any scenes in your story that are extremely relatable?

I think that in Miss Understood, one of the most relatable scenes is in the first episode when Emilianna works at a coffee shop. This is her first job ever, and the customers are horrible. We get to meet all these annoying customer prototypes, such as:

• The lady who just barks her order at you when you haven’t even finished greeting her.
  • The cheesy pick-up line guy. (No, but seriously… he actually says, ‘If you were a booger, I’d pick you’. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: )
  • The customer who expects you to read her mind (I want to order the same thing as last Friday… I don’t remember the name of it, but it was, like, round?')
  • The cell phone girl who won’t stop talking on the phone even when it’s her turn to place her order
  • The guy who changes his mind every five seconds about what he wants
    And finally… the customer who wants a refund on her coffee that she has already drank half of… because it was HOT, and that’s exactly what she ordered. Oh, and she wants to speak to a manager when Emilianna refuses to give her a refund. :rofl: :rofl:

I find this scene very relatable because although I haven’t worked in retail except for about two months before going to college, I think that almost everyone who has worked in retail has experienced difficult customers at some point in time… and if you haven’t, maybe you’ve been a difficult customer.

4 Likes

Lolol those customers are so annoying! (And hilarious in a novel setting :joy: )

My readers have mentioned that this particular scene in my story is very relatable! :smiley:
It’s basically Sandra visiting her old friends whom she has not seen for a long time, and finding out that they’re having marital problems. Being stuck during one of their quarrels has her feeling very uncomfortable!

“Mark, you’re lucky to have Lynn cook for you everyday,” Sandra said, her voice muffled by the food in her mouth.

She grinned at the man, expecting him to agree and voice his contentment. But when he returned her smile, the flicker of anger in his eyes caused a chill to settle in her bones.

“Today’s dinner is special, actually.” Mark tossed a side glance at his wife. “Normally we have leftovers. Sometimes, she doesn’t even cook.”

The undercurrent of tension in his voice spoke volumes. So did the unpleasant look that Lynn shot him at his remark. Trapped between the warring couple, Sandra was lost for words. She gulped hard and reached for the glass of water, downing it in a flash.

Her eyes darted around the table, from Mark’s stern look to Lynn’s dark expression, and then to Ray. She couldn’t see the teen’s expression from across the table given his bowed head. His lack of a reaction suggested that fights between the couple were a common occurrence.

Deadly silence fell over the room like a blanket. Sandra shrank into her seat. Her chest tightened as she recalled the same feeling of being small and invisible in a stifling cold war. Desperate to escape the encroaching walls of nostalgia, she let out an unnatural, shrill laugh.

“Maybe I should come over more often then,” she joked, trying to dispel the heavy atmosphere.

It took a second before Lynn recovered her cheery look first. “Yes, you should! We would love to have you over. Wouldn’t we, Mark?”

Shooting one last glare at Lynn, Mark turned his attention back to Sandra. His lips cracked into a forced smile. “Yes, we would.”

Read Devil's Triangle | Tapas Web Novels

2 Likes

Ooh!
Poor Sandra… I always feel awkward and uncomfortable when I’m at a friend’s or relative’s house, and the people who live in the house start fighting in front of me.

2 Likes

Here’s the scene I was talking about… it starts at 7:22 and ends at 14:10.

3 Likes

Haha yeah! I get uncomfortable being stuck in the middle of any fight. :joy:

1 Like

Oh wow those customers were definitely annoying! Although Emiliana’s attitude is also annoying in a way too lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One of my characters always gets super excited when there’s food, I feel like that’s super relatable :joy:

My MC talks WAY too much when she gets nervous, and just keeps rambling on and on.

Closed due to inactivity