Share Your Coming Out Story

That’s terrible :pleading_face::sob:

I was so scared of my parents looking over my forms and seeing information like that on them, applications that ask for sexuality are not fun :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yeah they really aren’t :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

also how on earth are they relevant to college admissions why do they even ask for that :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think it’s to assess risk of discrimination :thinking:

2 Likes

ahh yeah maybe :thinking:

one application had a “why we ask this” that just said we like the data, it’s not considered as a part of your application

2 Likes

hmmmm yes data gimme all the data yassss

1 Like

My mom actually suggested I join the LGBTQ+ club.

3 Likes

i was eating dinner with my dad and step mom, and it randomly popped into my head that i should come out to them. at first i looked at my sister, and we gave each other a look that said: “you should.”
so i blurted out randomly, “I like girls, too.” and my dad looked at my and said, “no you dont.” he responded this way cuz he was in shock, but after calming down, he was happy for me and encouraged me to do whatever makes me happy. after holding this in for 5 years, this was such a relief. I love my dad sm :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I came out to my mom like around 2 years ago, so when I was 18, she was the first person irl I’ve told I was bi (tho I am pan). I was too scared to do it face to face so I did message it to her. As soon as she read it she came up to me and just gave me a hug and was supportive. She helped me to also come out to my father and sister. My father was really surprised and didn’t really know what to say but it wasn’t bad. My sister was just nice and I think she kinda knew.
Besides that I’ve come out to a group of friends who I’ve known for years, they were super nice and just supportive.
Then there are my 2 best friends from uni, one is gay and she was so supportive and like almost excited about it when she figured out and we had some good conversations about it. My other friend basically just didn’t reply to it at all, nothing. She’s very religious and I kinda feel like if she just ignores it, it isn’t a problem but it sucks I can’t really talk about it with her. She accepted me but still that major part of me she kinda in general disagrees with

3 Likes

awww that’s so sweet :pleading_face:

2 Likes

When my family and i went for dinner with my best friend’s parents, we had a heated discussion about them being narrow-minded and how the wouldn’t accept us if we weren’t straight but turns out the said they don’t mind it but they don’t fully support it so i decided to come out to them as well but i was so terrified because parents do say they ‘don’t mind’ it but once their child is LGBTQ they change their minds. So i told them in the car and my dad said it was fine but it’s only because they think it’s a phase and that i will find a man when i grow up.

1 Like

She somehow mixed up Asexual and Transgender. Ummm…you tried?

2 Likes

Don’t think they still like it much. Yay…

Added some tags. :white_heart:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity