Share Your Favorite Quotes/Phrases/Idioms

Here my favorite quotes/phrases/idioms:

• Count your age in friends, not in years. Count your life with smiles - not with tears.

• One for all - all for one :kissing_heart:

• It is better to be built on criticism than to be destroyed by compliments (I am sure that one of you has seen a post of mine saying this quote :sweat_smile:)

• Every laugh has a drop of truth. (Or might have :sweat_smile:)

• Accept what you have and what you don’t have.

• Give peace a chance - John Lennon

• Tafasta merube, lo tafasta - tafasta muat, tafasta (tran: if you have seized a lot, you have not seized; you have seized a little, you have seized)

• Who is the rich one? He who is happy with his lot

• Love your neighbor as yourself

• Do not try to be something that you cannot be.

• A real friend is with you not only sometimes, when he is comfortable. He is with you in good moments and in difficult moments.

• When try to hide feelings, (you) forget that the eyes speak for you.

• The goal in life is not to find yourself, but to invent yourself.

• Do not give in to your fears. If you surrender, you will not be able to talk to your heart. (If you ask me, the real strength is to know how to face your fears :wink::muscle:t4: )

• The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge.

• Do not be wise in words; Be wise in deeds

• If I am not for me, who will be for me?

Some idioms of the Ethiopian-Jewish community:

• The candor of the heart is equal to one hundred and fifty carols of David.

• When (they are) gossiping about your friend - see it as if it were said about you :slightly_smiling_face:

• If you do not know to give - who taught you to ask?

Write down any quote(s) that you like the most, no matter what it(they) is(are) connected to - friendship, life, family, patience, peace, etc. :blush::smile:

Please do not use any swear words.

5 Likes

You can even write down funny quotes, if you want.

1 Like

Pot calling the kettle black

1 Like

Good one :ok_hand:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

Take the cake

1 Like

May I ask what is its meaning? :smile:

Similar to taking the Mickey

1 Like

“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and leave this world knowing the same, then everything in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

“I’m meant to be faithful, and walk when not able, and fight till the end but I’m only human” - Will You Be There, Michael Jackson

“Cause we’re living in a world of fools, breaking us down, when they all should let us be, we belong to you and me.” - How Deep Is Your Love, The Bee Gees

“Materialism doesn’t equate to love.” - from an unreleased story

“No more I love yous, the language is leaving me in silence” - No More I Love You’s, by Annie Lennox

“Working too hard to be underappreciated” - I Got This, Jay Park

“I think that forgiveness starts the process of healing. It’s like putting a bandage over an old wound.” - Me

“The truth isn’t shown. What’s shown is what becomes the truth.” - from Woman in Dignity, a Korean drama

“On the outside, I look happy all the time. But on the inside, I’m human and it’s not possible to be happy all the time.” - Bom, from 2NE1, a famous k-pop girl group

“I can’t change the world. But I’m hoping that what I say and do will inspire everyone to try.” - Tablo, Epik High

“No matter how hard people try to break you down or whoever tries to stomp on you. You will always have the same value, no one can change you.” - Rain

3 Likes
  • The closer to the light you get, the larger your shadow becomes

• With great power comes great responsibility :clap:

• Don’t keep all your eggs in one basket

• I can do this all day

• Devils never cry

• My friends are my power

• Not all those who wander are lost

3 Likes

One of my favourites is interestingly from George R R Martin

• “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies… the man who never reads only lives one.”
5 Likes
  • Never give up on your dreams - just keep sleeping … (that’s a weird quote, but I liked it somehow :sweat_smile:)

• Everything is for the best

• Think good (=positively) - will be good. Believe in yourself - from a song

• The nose was created to smell through it - not to push it into others’ business.

By the way, all of you brought great quotes/phrases. :blush::grin::+1:t4:

2 Likes

In love quotes:
“I need a hug, no actually I need YOUR hug.”
“We May argue from time to time. But the bottom line is…we’re in this together through the good times AND bad. There’ll be no breaking up.”
“If you truly love someone being faithful is easy.”

Heartbroken ones:
“Once a cheater, always a cheater.”
“What hurts the most is that nothing will ever be the same again.”
“With all the smiles you brought me, I never thought you could bring so much tears.”

Others:
“I won’t control you, but the actions you choose will let me know how you respect me.”
“I’m not a regular mom I’m a cool mom.”
“I’m not stalking you just loving you from a distance.”
“I don’t be in my feelings, I be in my thoughts it’s a big difference especially them late night thoughts.”

4 Likes

“If the shoe fits, you don’t have to wear it.” -Thought of it randomly.

“We need to stop treating fear like a disease, and start treating it like an emotion.” -Tea.

“Worrying about someone else is useless. Hate is pointless. Loving life is awesome. So love your life instead of worrying about others problems,” -Anonymous.

“Words are like toothpaste. It’s so easy to squeeze it out, but so hard to put it back in,” -VIwrites1. (Agreed, my fellow ratzol :joy:)

3 Likes

“ There’s no reason to worry “ ~ Alden, Keeper of the Lost Cities Series

“ Imagine and it shall be it, there are no limits “ ~ Nikolai, The Crown’s Game/Fate

“ You can’t be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man if there’s no neighborhood “ ~ Spider-Man, Avengers: Infinity War

4 Likes

A relationship is like a full time job, don’t apply if you’re not ready

Fall in love when you’re ready, not because you’re lonely

2 Likes

Be careful on who you trust. Not everybody is your friend.

2 Likes

Sincere apologies are so rare, nobody accepts them these days

This was made up by me

3 Likes

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

4 Likes

“When you’re happy you enjoy the music, when you’re sad you understand the lyrics.”

2 Likes

So true!

1 Like