Sherlock Holmes Video Games

I’m sure most are aware of what Sherlock Holmes is about. We have many books based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s duo Holmes & Watson. There are countless movies and tv shows as well. Another form of media for the Sherlock Holmes storyline is the video games based on the books. These games are available over various platforms that you can play. The ones I will be talking about are the pc versions that are available on Big Fish Games and Steam.

The main series for Sherlock Holmes is available on both platforms but only a handful is available on Steam instead of Big Fish Games. Those are the more recent games that have been released. I will post the search pages for the Sherlock Holmes games on both websites below.

Main Series:

• Sherlock Holmes - The Mystery of the Mummy - Made in 2002 - Take on the role of the famous detective Sherlock Holmes and get ready to avoid numerous traps and to solve riddles. A mysterious murder, numerous suspects, and the famous mummy for a case that appears to be not that easy…
    - This game received really negative reviews on Steam. Grant it, the game is almost 20 years old. If you are expecting a 2002 video game to run like a 2021 game then you need to reality check. I did play this game a while back on Big Fish Games but I ended up uninstalling it because I couldn’t figure out the controls. I was on an older computer which wasn’t that powerful but I plan to give it another try this year. I’ve managed to get games from the same year to work on my computer which is great. Key - Better graphics card and a fast processor.

• Sherlock Holmes - The Case of the Silver Earring - Released in 2004 - Melvyn Bromsby, a rich tycoon, is about to make a statement, when suddenly a shot rings out. Sir Bromsby collapses - a mortal wound to the heart… A baffling murder, dozens of witnesses and no suspects! You, Sherlock Holmes, must use all your skills to shed light on this mysterious case.
    - Again same warning as before. Older games work differently. I have not played this game before. It is available on both Big Fish Games and Steam.

• Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened - Released 2008 - The Sherlock Holmes series returns with this updated version of The Awakened, which brings a whole new dimension to the original title developed by Frogwares. The game puts the player into an investigation of the Cthulhu Mythos - as imagined by Father of modern horror, H.P. Lovecraft.
    - This is a game that mixes both franchises together in sense. It’s available on both websites.

• Sherlock Holmes versus Arsene Lupin - Release in 2008 - Embark on an investigation as Sherlock Holmes! Stop the legendary thief, Arsene Lupin, before he steals famous historical objects from England! The French thief, with an impressive track record, has crossed the Channel to provoke you on your own territory! Dive into this extraordinary game of cat and mouse in Sherlock Holmes Versus Arsene Lupin, a wonderful Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!
    - This game is only available on the Big Fish Games website from what I can tell anyway.

• Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper - Released in 2009 - Recognized as one of the best licenses in gaming and lauded by the press, Sherlock Holmes is back with an investigation that is sure to be the most horrifying of the series. The famous detective stands against the most dangerous serial killer England has ever known - Jack the Ripper.
    - This is actually one of the games I’m interested in playing. I had it on the Xbox 360 when it was released but I got around to finish the game. I recently downloaded it off of Big Fish Games since you can play demos on there before buying the game. This game is available on both websites.

• Sherlock Holmes - The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - Released in 2012 - Become the greatest detective of all time in The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, a twisting, turning investigation game set in a faithfully-reproduced London of 1898. As Sherlock Holmes, you must find clues, interrogate suspects and unveil a mystery in a story full of twists!
    - This game is only available on Steam. It was originally delayed from its first release date but eventually, the game was released.

• Sherlock Holmes- Crimes and Punishments - Released in 2014 - Become the most celebrated detective of all time: Sherlock Holmes! Use your impressive talents as a detective to solve six thrilling and varied cases: murders, missing persons, spectacular thefts and numerous investigations that sometimes lead you into the realms of the fantastic.
    - This game is only available on the Steam website.

• Sherlock Holmes - The Devil’s Daughter - Released in 2016 - Experience a fantastic adventure with unique gameplay that blends investigation, action and exploration in a breath-taking thriller that will test the limits of your nerves and intelligence. Play as the great detective and track down evil in the darkest corners of London and the human soul…
    - This game is only available on the Steam website.

• Sherlock Holmes - Chapter One - Releases this Year - In this story-driven detective thriller, a young Sherlock Holmes struggles to prove himself as he navigates an exotic, dangerous island in the Mediterranean to investigate the mystery of his mother’s death.
    - This game is only available on the Steam Website where you can look at the pictures and teaser videos for the game. The release date has not been disclosed yet. I would estimate it will come out closer to October though.

Other Sherlock Holmes Games:

I will not be posting all the games listed but I will post the search pages here so that you can rifle through the different games Ironically, some of the key games I thought would be part of the main series is actually not part of it. They are side games instead. I hope you find some games that you like from the Sherlock Holmes Series. Steam has the better selection plus they have an 80% off sale right now for the Sherlock games.

@Discussions
@Gamers

1 Like

DAMN! There’s a lot of games.

1 Like

Yep, I was really surprised by how many there were!

1 Like

Yeah, me too.

1 Like

Yep, I plan to play through the series over the month. Let’s see if I can finally figure out the Mummy one.

1 Like

Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity