Short Prompts thread!

Alright, so I decided to make this a short Prompts task instead of just a single prompt. A staff member can change the prompt each week even if it means I’m the one hosting it each week. These are short stories so nothing bigger than 5 paragraphs. It’s only suppose to take you a short time to write each prompt. We can give a shout-out to you on instagram if you post your handle. Each promote will be placed in a Wattpad story by choice of the writer. If you don’t want me to publish it then just say so in your post!

Prompt Theme

The first prompt is to write a short fanciful story about you.and your friends traveling to a magical world.

Deadline: March 22, 2021

Type: Fantasy

Max paragraphs: 5

@Writers
@Episodians
@WattpadWizards

6 Likes

Oh wow! Is this a contest or just for fun?

1 Like

Just for fun!

1 Like

ooh okay cool! ^-^

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

@WolfGamerGirl37 :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

You want to help me with this?

1 Like

Sure ~~

1 Like

Okay cool, you can message me when you are ready.

2 Likes

Okay, I and @elixr are setting this thread back up. You will get one week to write each prompt. They should be no bigger than 5 paragraphs. We will give you a shout-out on Instagram so please list your handle or Twitter handle if you don’t have an Instagram. We will also be compiling the entries in a Wattpad story but we will only add your story if you say that we can at the end of your post. I will ask you personally if you don’t say so.

Prompt Theme

You wake up one day and find that your neighborhood is flooded with zombies.

Deadline: September 8th, 2021

Type: Supernatural

Max: 5 Paragraphs

@Writers
@WattpadWizards
@TapasTeam
@RPers

Users who might be interested

@CrazyCaliope @WritingWithStars @ethereal @Cadborosa @Blegar @phlegmatic @Meekepeek @Kiwi @KiaraTheSnek @Danielle318 @novella @lollipoplady @Jass @Davideogurl @Some_Kid

Users that are online

@CerealKiller @benitz786 @Kristi @Bexs @unsungcheerio @Willowsprout @anon68003072 @Ouijaloveletters @Rose @Caticorn

11 Likes

@Writers @RPers do you guys wanna try entering? :pleading_face::hocho:

3 Likes

Blackmailing Aphrodite

Do we submit in thread or pm?

4 Likes

Yes yes

On the thread.

4 Likes

I’ll see if I have time after school today :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

I think I forgot something. I wasn’t really sure why they were there, to be honest. I don’t really think they were either. They’d look around with their empty rotting eye sockets as if asking, “What’s for sale?” when the descriptions of the food are right in front of them. They were a bit disgusting but more so boring. I tried to get one to talk but he just moaned about the dread of existence.
It was in October when everybody was putting up their Halloween decorations. They’d put out muted plastic orange pumpkins and then the real pumpkins would end up rotting anyway. I was stalking the shelves of the Smart O’s convenience store when I first saw one. I ducked behind a shelf, peeking out. Everything about it was boring. As if they had done it every year and this year happened to be the one they stopped caring about. I even accidentally bumped into it and it looked at me with scared eyes, as if I was the monster.
It was midnight and the crisp air stung me awake. I started walking, not truly sure where to. I ended up at a graveyard. Staring down at that bottomless pit. Groaning, I left. Everything keeps getting foggier and foggier. Children never laugh anymore and I hardly see anyone outside. Only hear this dreadful creaking. Like an old rocking chair. The dreadful smell of flesh.
I find my appetite dwindling. Fast food no longer interests me and I get no luck from rooting from the garbage bins. And it’s that smell again, accompanied by that ringing. Yet my cravings always increase, and I hardly ever know what for. Sometimes it’s a dress, a wig, something rotting.
Only, it was rotting after I sunk my teeth into it. Something soft, pink, plump. Looking down at the shrieking, dying zombie, did I remember.

4 Likes

You two have until 2021-09-08T05:00:00Z midnight. That is 25 hours from now.

@Tina.G @OhSumana

5 Likes

Okay I’ll try to submit by then

4 Likes

I’ll also try writing something…

4 Likes

Wait. Whaaat? I swear I was going to do something for this but I just kept running out time each day.

5 Likes