Should concerts be banned considering the pandemic?

Okay this is genuinely hard to answer. I don’t think they should. But there should be masks and less people and more concerts. But also I don’t know how that affects the band either. It’s such a weird thing to find a perfect answer to. Anyone got a for sure answer about how they feel about this? @Music

1 Like

Actually, I went to a concert not long ago, and it’s weird it’s completely back to the old normal. No prevention in any way. I guess it’s the new normal again, that everything can just happen again. I totally agree tho that for a while concerts were banned.

Concerts have always been well known germ spreading places which is why during lockdown they were obviously no longer allowed in many places.

Should they still be banned now? Well, until the music industry allows bands to be paid for the music they’re making instead of the music labels themselves taking most of the profit, this would put a lot of bands in positions where they were just struggling to make money. Just like during lockdown, there were some bands that didn’t make it through that but people only hear about and care about the bigger artists who have multiple sources of revenue outside of touring.

However, public health is still very very important and as I stated before, concerts have always been germ paradise. While it would be entirely their choice to go and get sick, it wouldn’t be the choice of the people they encounter afterwards to get sick from them

There are steps that can be taken to ensure things are more sanitary and venues aren’t completely overcrowded. People shouldn’t go if they’re unwell which is just common sense.

So no I don’t think they should be banned, people really enjoy them. I do however think there should be more rules and regulations put in place and better security/crowd control in venues because let’s face it, aside from the pandemic there have been issues with:

• People dying/getting seriously injured in mosh pits
  • Crushes
  • People fainting
  • Things being stolen
  • S*xual Assault

When you put it like that, concerts just don’t sound safe, so I think more should be done to make them safe and to keep them sanitary.

If those steps are taken and nothing improves then yes, concerts should be banned as a matter of safety. Then bands should be looked after because music plays a giant role in our everyday lives and we shouldn’t just throw it away.