Should couples live together before they get married?

My answer to this is no because you don’t have to live together even when you are married. Some people prefer living separately because it means they can have their own space, quite a few successful marriages have happened that way. However, if you don’t live together and you plan on living together after you’re married I’d suggest spending a few weeks or so living together just to get any frustrations or anything out of the way. We all do things differently in our homes so if you’re gonna live with someone you should ideally learn how they live and they should learn how you live.

But the important thing is that being married doesn’t automatically mean you have to live together.

@Discussions what do you think?

2 Likes

I think it would be better if they did before since living together will show if you’re able to spend a long extended time together. you’ll see how they are every day, their habits and sometimes discover things you may find irritating.

3 Likes

I think they should try living together before getting married. But only if they want to. I think it would be easier living together after marriage if you do that?

1 Like

I think it’s a very good idea for couples to live together before they get married so that they can be sure that they’re compatible. Living with someone and having to deal with their daily routines is very different from dating them when you’e living in two separate houses.

Do I think it should be compulsory, though? Nah. People can do what they want, in my opinion!

1 Like

Added the #relationship tag :blossom:

1 Like

That :point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5:

I think yeah, 'cause it’s a way of getting to know a person, their day-to-day life.

Do whatever you want!!! As long as you are happy!! Plus because life is tricky and doesn’t always go to plan, sometimes the possibility of living together before then doesn’t work out!

There was a therapist I watched that said that statistically the long term couples spent at least two years together before marriage and also lived together. So idk but there’s that.

I think cohabiting before marriage is a good thing because that way you won’t have to rush things with your partner.

I wouldn’t live with someone before marriage. There’s temptations there that’s only for marriage.

I’m gonna wait and find out who he is. And if he wants to leave me because I want to wait until I get married than he isn’t the one.

Closed due to inactivity