Should people sleep with headphones that have exposed wires?

Well, I can’t sleep with headphones on because I sleep on my side, and it’d feel weird. Anyway, I don’t think you should, because that means you might get hurt. The wires might spark and combust. What do you guys think? @Discussions

3 Likes

I mean wires are typically covered? The actual wiring is hidden for that reason, to keep anything from going wrong. I sleep with earbuds in quite a bit and it’s not a problem.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean if the wire isn’t covered, like if it frays.

I sleep on my side as well. I usually use earbuds when I’m in bed. I keep my headphones downstairs. It’s uncomfortable to lay with them on.

This is true but the rubber covering can come apart sometimes near the bud or head jack. It’s annoying when that happens.

Yeah, but I really doubt there’s much people who even own a pair of headphones that have exposed wires. That would be different.

1 Like

people even wear headphones to sleep?!

1 Like

Yeah.

1 Like

Why do y’all need headphones for sleeping-
Just sleep-

1 Like

CRAP
I LITERALLY DID THIS EVERY NIGHT
I am glad I didn’t get hurt!!

:flushed:

what even are exposed wires LMFAOOOO

1 Like

OMG SOLEIL!

1 Like

I just read a couple of things and apparently the main “danger” is volume, one article said you could accidentally turn the volume up and damage your ears by listening to music on a loud volume :thinking: tbh that doesn’t even seem like a risk, like, evidently it is a risk but surely it’s unlikely.

1 Like

Actually, um, I’ve done that…
Totally not recommended :-1::angry:

Don’t sleep with earphones or headphones on…

1 Like

I sleep with my Bluetooth on so I can listen to my rain sounds :skull: I mean it’s comfortable and Ik I shouldn’t but I rely too much on the sound engulfing me

1 Like

Is it even comfortable sleeping with headphones? People who sleep on their sides like me will be annoyed af.

Although the chances are low, it’s better not to do that. Better safe than sorry. :man_shrugging:

Closed due to inactivity