Should Physical Education be made compulsory for students in schools/colleges?

Added the debate tag :blossom:

I hate PE, so it shouldn’t be compulsory.
There’s nothing much we do, anyway.

@Discussions @Students @Debaters Should PE be made compulsory?

NO!

1 Like

I think P.E at the moment focuses on the wrong things, at least in the schools I went to.

One of the schools I went to had a great idea for the last two years of education where they let people choose what they want to do. It was really broad, too: aerobics, sports, trampolining, etc. No one should be forced to do a sport they don’t want to do

2 Likes

considering in high school they only require it for freshman year and let you choose what type of p.e. class for the next few years it doesn’t rlly matter to me. i had to do the general p.e. stuff freshman year but now I can pick my p.e. classes like health, dance, drivers ed, etc. etc.

1 Like

Whoa, that’s cooooool

1 Like

Another reason why PE sucks.

And there’s also this horny heartthrob teacher who ALL the girls like.
He’s sexist, doesn’t allow us to play football with the guys, laughs at us when we do something wrong while playing, but tHaT’s oKaY bEcAuSe hE’s hOtttttt :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I asked a PE teacher in my 9th grade about why they do this. He replied that, unlike girls, boys tend to be more “violent” and aggressive while playing. Also, girls and boys have different body specifications (for example, males have higher haemoglobin capacity than females). Also, we see separate teams for males vs males and females vs females in international level sports competitions. So yeah I guess that answers it :thinking:

1 Like

BUT THAT DOESNT JUSTIFY THEIR SEXISM

1 Like

How are they being sexist, if I may ask?

1 Like

gIrLs sHoUlDnT pLaY fOoTbAlL
gO pLaY sOmeThiNg eLsE

1 Like

also ASAAAAA HELOOOO

1 Like

That’s a horrible thing to say. I am sorry to hear that he said that you. Considering there are so many female football players (especially from India), that’s a ridiculous thing to day in 21st century.

1 Like

Penguin Hello GIF

1 Like

Ah, whatever :unamused:
I don’t like football anyway

1 Like

Same haha, basketball is way more interesting

1 Like

screams

2 Likes

Lmao, not to everyone else though :grinning:

Closed due to inactivity