Should the law limit the number of fast food restaurants in our cities and towns?

Should the law limit the number of fast food restaurants in our cities and towns?

I think it would be a wonderful idea morally and statistically. Especially when it comes to obesity and health.

I think it should be limited by population density though.

What do you think @/Discussions ?

5 Likes

Hmmm… interesting question. That is a possibility ro think over.

1 Like

Well I mean, no. Lol. Like poor people or certain populations that don’t have access to groceries stores might rely on fast food chains. Or those that can’t cook/don’t have time to cook or enough money to buy healthy meals.

1 Like

Yes, we need a space for local businesses to have a chance.

1 Like

Maybe, especially clemmon nc, there like restaurants everywhere.

No, let people decide where they want to spend their money and what they want to eat. If people eat only the bad stuff at fast food restaurants, that’s their decisions.

@Foodies What do you think?

1 Like

Yes, support local businesses!

I’m find with fast food as long as they aren’t chains. Honestly, some of the best unhealthy food I’ve had was at small family diners.

McDonalds doesn’t exactly solve the problem of food deserts. What we should be doing is disturbing affordable food to more people.

Honestly now I’m on either sides. All sides, really. Limit it or not, seems like there really isn’t a right or wrong answer there.

This actually is an interesting question. On one side I would say yes, makes it so there is a generally healthier selection of food available. But just like Izzy did, my mind went to what’s called food desserts. Places where people are relying on those fast food chains to have a meal, as there’s no supermarket within reasonable distance. What I think would work better is limiting the amount of fast food items a restaurant can have, that they’ll be required to also offer healthier options. Obviously those should be affordable as well, so that’s something to keep in mind.

1 Like

Yeah, I can understand both sides, but I still don’t think it should.
The difficult thing here is what they would constitute as fast food. It’s a very loose definition. And the other side of things, it wouldn’t help with hospitality in general, as between the pandemic, and recession, and rising living costs, it’s taken the biggest hit.

Closed due to inactivity