Should Wattpad stories be text-based or have drawings/images added to them?

What is your opinion on this?
Do you think Wattpad stories should be like real novels, with only text, or do you think that since there is an option to add images, authors who love visual elements should be encouraged to make their Wattpad stories a little more like a visual novel if they wish?

@WattpadWizards
@Writers

1 Like

Text based. Images are annoying, especially animated ones. I once started reading a story that had an animated image every couple paragraphs. The story was good, but it was too annoying, so I quit reading. I did message the author and politely told her how annoying it is and I got a semi rude reply. If someone feels a need for images, one at the beginning of the chapter is far better.

1 Like

I think it depends on what story it is. For some stories, maybe fantasy stories, it can be great! But I don’t think it’s necessary

I don’t think it’s necessary. It might be interesting with some stories but no

I want to post a children’s story I wrote on Wattpad, and it would look really awkward without the pictures, but I don’t really want to take pictures and post them. Would you guys still read it without the pictures?

I wrote a story on Wattpad at the end of last year, and since I’m very visual, I considered including face claims and mood boards in my story so that the readers could see the characters the way I imagine them.
To sum it up, it is nice to have a bit of visual reference, but not as much as you would put in an actual graphic or visual novel.

Closed due to inactivity