Skulduggery Pleasant Thread

Because I kinda realised the only thread to do with the best book series ever made is closed, I wanted to reopen it with the proper title and the grandeur it deserves, with the release of the fantastic thirteenth book having just gone by.

Skulduggery Pleasant is my favourite book series in the world, it has a very special place in my heart and I’ve sort of made it my life mission to get as many people as I possibly can into the series! Trust me, giving the first page a read will get you hooked. The book literally starts with the Death of the Author. It’s amazing.

Some ground rules, this is a discussion thread, and opinions can get heated! But trust me, if you aren’t civil about this series I will not hesitate to punish you :wink:
Please blur all spoilers! No matter how minor, if you’ve read the series you absolutely know the smallest detail can become very important later on! People wary of spoilers, do not read the blurred texts on this thread!

I’ll start us off. I really enjoyed Seasons of War, maybe even a little more than Bedlam, but I still think Midnight is my absolute favourite due to the breakneck pace and thrilling, tense atmosphere!

If you would like to pick up the first nine Skulduggery Pleasant books, follow the link below:

Skulduggery Pleasant Complete Set Books 1-9 (Skulduggery Pleasant, Box Set)

If you just want to pick up the first book to give it a try, try this link:

Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 1)

Please note: as an Amazon Associate, ShanniiWrites earns from qualifying purchases.

4 Likes

HEHEHE! I can actually partake in this discussion now! Well, sorta…

2 Likes

Moved to books :smiley: :rose: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Oooh, thank you, I was tired >.<

1 Like

So I’m a dirty little fanboy gremlin but I just wanna bump this :eyes:

1 Like

Do you think you wanna do this 'cause Skulduggery is AMAZING?! Thank you, by the way.

1 Like

@ChaoticDeluge & @ShanniiWrites, look what you’ve created! HEHEHE. I bought the first books for myself. (wink) Only cost me NZ$20 (about 10 pounds) for both books too. I’m sooo happy, thank you both for my addiction! … Note: That’s Ruby, my grandma’s furbaby!

3 Likes

Also, @Discussions, who else has read this book? If you haven’t, why not?!

5 Likes

I’ve heard of this book, though I’ve never actually read it. It looks interesting from what I’ve heard, but I don’t know where to find it.

4 Likes

Shannii has a link in a couple of blog posts to where you can buy it on Amazon, and if you click on that and buy the book, then Shannii can possibly get rewarded financially from Amazon. It’s only small but every little helps.

4 Likes

Ohhh I always thought this was a different book, interesting
What’s it about?

2 Likes

I have included Amazon links in the OP! :wink: I recommend the boxed set, personally! @ChaoticDeluge got it, too!

3 Likes

Edited to include Amazon links for anyone who wants to buy the books!

2 Likes

It’s a dark fantasy with great characters and hilarious dialogue.

Blurb (stolen from Amazon link):

Meet Skulduggery Pleasant: detective, sorcerer, warrior.

Oh yeah. And dead.

Stephanie’s uncle Gordon is a writer of horror fiction. But when he dies and leaves her his estate, Stephanie learns that while he may have written horror, it certainly wasn’t fiction.

Pursued by evil forces intent on recovering a mysterious key, Stephanie finds help from an unusual source – the wisecracking skeleton of a dead wizard.

When all hell breaks loose, it’s lucky for Skulduggery that he’s already dead. Though he’s about to discover that being a skeleton doesn’t stop you from being tortured, if the torturer is determined enough. And if there’s anything Skulduggery hates, it’s torture… Will evil win the day? Will Stephanie and Skulduggery stop bickering long enough to stop it? One thing’s for sure: evil won’t know what’s hit it.

3 Likes

I’d say that if you like Thor Ragnarok, you’ll like Skulduggery Pleasant. Similar humour and general vibe!

2 Likes

That sounds really interesting :eyes:

I’d probably like it if I could get my hands on it
:pleading_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, it is.
Well, if you ever have a bit of money or your family are looking for a present for you, Shannii add links to her blogs and I think to this thread too.

2 Likes

I really like the plot I just haven’t got round to it yet hehe

It’s high up on my “to be read” pile

1 Like

I’m reopening this bad boy because the new book is coming out now and PLEASE READ IT.

I know a few people who love it!

@ChaoticDeluge @CrazyCaliope @CerealKiller @MeghanWrites

2 Likes

I want

1 Like