Sleep Apnea awareness

This week’s theme is sleep, so, here we go. Sleep apnea is a condition where you stop breathing on your sleep. My grandma has it, and she had to use a CPAP machine to help her breathe. She’s fine when she’s awake, her brain just forgets to breathe…somehow.

4 Likes

Just adding a couple tags

Thanks!

I find this very scary, I have trouble breathing as it is in the day.
I depend on myself to breathe at night.

I’m sorry that she has/had to go through that.
And I hope she gets better.

3 Likes

Oh, she’s perfectly fine.

1 Like

I’m glad!
That must be a really scary experience…

1 Like

I bet it is.

1 Like

Sleep apnea can be very concerning. Though, like most conditions, there is a vast range of severity that it can be. For some it can be very severe, but for others, its little more than inconvenience. It is much more prevalent with those with significant snoring problems.

i thought if like you have too much fat it can push on your airways and make u stop bleeding…i think we learned this with diabetes? :thinking: and i thought a cpap was to help make sure you get air so u dont snore…dont hate on me if i got anything wrong, this is just what i know currently at the time of posting

Oh yes, I have this (: Had to get my tonsils removed

1 Like

snoring can be caused by sleep apnea and not getting enough air

1 Like

Oohh. Do you need a CPAP?

1 Like

Nope, I had my tonsils removed which were the root of the problem when I was really young. Thanks to that I don’t need a machine or anything…

I used to snore and stop breathing a LOT tho which is really bad 'cause if something went wrong I could suffocate my own self and that would be bad.

1 Like

Oh, I see. I’m glad you’re ok.

1 Like

Added the #sleep and #health tag :blossom:

Closed due to inactivity