So, The Forums Need Revitalising. What Can I Do?

‘Let’s Read: [STORY NAME]’ or smth like that…

6 Likes

I like this! I wanted to do something similar with the raffle, but Deluge was gonna read them and he’s got lots on his plate at the moment, so I had to shelf the idea ;(

6 Likes

We can also do like a ‘Daily News Thread’ where you post news of your city/state/country or wherever.

2 Likes

Yes! Something kind of like the raffle, or a spin-the-wheel thing, where a random story is chosen, and that week, people have to read maybe 3 chapters of the chosen story and discuss it.

4 Likes

I want to revamp the writing competitions! I’ve always loved those but they haven’t done well really. I think more writing related stuff would be cool too.

3 Likes

I have a plan to start a weekly short story thing soon, if something like that is kind of what you’re talking about. Then all of the entries would be posted on Shannii’s blog to gain some potential views over there as well (with credit and permission, of course).
The only thing that might be an issue is the prompts. I’d either have to look up prompts or write my own that might be completely garbage-

1 Like

Yeah but if there are many events, it’s more likely to keep users active even outside of those events imo
Do those events require people to log in every day to participate? Also, I’m not talking about my own events, I know those died aong time ago lol

I guess if we open threads about time management maybe those users would be less busy and find time for the forums xD

Sure, I just wanted to suggest what I thought could be helpful to increase the number of active users :eyes:

I asked if you would mind not replying there with this and still you did. I was happy to continue but not there. You could have moved the conversation.
I will reply to this later, but not right now 'cause I feel a little disrespected and hurt. So not the best mood to continue this conversation.

Sorry, I would have replied here if you would have linked the thread, I didn’t know which one you were talking about =/

For increasing activity, we could create a small game where you get little points for doing small tasks. Like, you get 2+ points for logging in every day, +5 for participating in a forum game, 8+ for making a thread, etc. It’s similar to the new year game thingy we did in 2019/2020 where if we get the most amount of points till the end of the year, we win or smth like that. I’ll try finding that thread… So, um, yeah. We could do that monthly.

2 Likes

We could also do a thing every month where we give a badge or smth to ‘Most Active User’, ‘Most Helpful User’, etc. It’s like the Shannii Awards but monthly.

1 Like

I love this idea!
We could also have “funny” awards, like “Coolest username”, “Most obsessed with -----”, etc.

1 Like

Yeah! That’d be radddd

1 Like

For this one, I love the idea, I really do. I even tried to do this earlier in the year. However, there was much interest at all. This is the exact idea I had and even created a badge for it but you just went into more detail.

1 Like

We could make a few changes and revive it.
Also, what is the badge called?

As for this, I do like the idea. Though I worry about it for two reasons…

1. If it is monthly, it will detract away from winning the user or RPer of the month.
  2. A badge for every award will make badges won’t feel as special getting them as they as now.
1 Like

Changes? It’s basically the same idea.
Ultimate gaming something. I don’t know.

1 Like

Hm… you’re right…

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I read the OP so I was a bit confused

1 Like

Oh, righto.

1 Like