Soda ,Pop? or Coke?

It’s coke for me! Most places call it soda, though.

Pretty much how it is!

Just cause I love this meme!

Which one is it for you? What do you call it?

@Debaters

4 Likes

If we’re talking like carbonated drink in general, I call those soft drinks or fizzy drinks sometimes, but not either of those terms :joy: Tho, if you say soda I’ll know what you mean, pop is a new term for me honestly, with coke I’m really thinking specifically coca cola, not more general if that makes sense

2 Likes

Most Canadians (outside of Quebec) say pop

Restaurant menus will usually say soft drinks but in casual conversation, it’s pop

3 Likes

Michiganders say pop. Probably because the two are so close. I normally just say the name of the drink. Cream soda is my favorite٫ but I like Coke and Dr. Pepper too.

2 Likes

I had to fix the title! I meant Coke. Yeah, this hilarious debate has been going on for a very long time in the U.S. I was wondering what those outside the U.S. called it. Your name makes complete sense, though!

1 Like

That makes sense! Usually, all I have to say at the restaurant is Coke instead of cola from where I live. However, I have dealt with some instances where it confused people.

Also٫ happy to see you٫ Wolfie!

1 Like

Same here! I call them by their names as well! It’s Coke in Tennessee mainly.

1 Like

I’m happy to see you too, Ouija! I’m glad to be back on the forums again, too!

1 Like

You can call me Alex, if you’d like. That’s my name.

1 Like

After taking Sociology of Drug Use, I can’t stop thinking of the drug. :sob:

1 Like

I also like that cherry flavor of Mtn Dew. I call it how it is.

1 Like

Thanks, I will call you Alex from now on! You can call Wolfie or Shawna also.

Lol, yeah, I can see how that would be hard to forget! Sometimes, I have to explain that it’s the soda and not the drug I’m talking about!

Oh, really? I think I tried it once, but I can’t drink mtn Dew due to its high caffeine content. It makes my heart rate go too fast.

2 Likes

Ok٫ cool! Shawna or Wolfie. But yeah٫ I have to not get the drink and drug confused. The drink actually contained the drug once٫ decades ago.

1 Like

Lol yep! Oh yeah, it was like until the 20s before they took the drug out.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with Mtn Dew٫ but I found this drink called Ghost that I wanted to try. Bad idea. Serious heart palpitations. Like٫ curled up٫ hyperventilating.

1 Like

That is good! It’s the caffeine and sugar content that bothers me. I already have a high heart rate, which is the main reason I can’t drink it. Also, I don’t like the taste of it. I couldn’t finish the last mtn dew I tried to drink.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s fair. I guess the caffeine amount isn’t enough to bother me. Coffee is the same.

1 Like

Yep, I’m only like that with certain drinks though!

1 Like

I can drink stuff like this, and be fine. Chocolate cream cold foam, venti.

1 Like