Song Battle: 2010s

Hello, welcome to the first song battle. I am not sure if it will work, but I wanted to give it a shot either way. For this first song battle the theme is songs that came out in the 2010s (so between 1 jan. 2010 and 31 dec. 2019).

How does this work?
Send me a YouTube link to the songs you want to submit through a PM. You are allowed to send in up to 2 songs per person. The deadline for submitting songs is 2022-03-15T11:00:00Z. I am aiming for 16 songs in total, but we can also make it work if there are 8 songs or 32 if there are a lot of entries. Either way, once the deadline passed or we reached the 16 songs I will be making the match up for the first round. This will be done through a random generator. I post the songs here with a poll, which you will have 24 hours to vote on. Half of the songs get eliminated, we move on to the next round the same way until we get to the final with only 2 songs. It might be that further on the polls with be open shorter as there are less songs to listen to.

Some random rules

• Everyone is free to vote on the polls even if you haven’t joined.
  • Don’t let anyone know which song you’ve submitted, part of the fun of this is seeing who submitted the winning song.
  • I have the right to decide whether songs gets accepted, my decision in that is final!

Feel free to ask if you have any questions and good luck for those joining!

5 Likes

Bump, only 2 people have entered this far. I would really love to see a few more entries :pleading_face:

Usher’s OMG- Usher - OMG (Lyrics) ft. will.i.am | There's so many ways to love you Baby, I can break you down - YouTube

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:
It’s okay though. Your song is accepted!

1 Like

Sorry about that. I’m bad reading directions. :rofl:

1 Like

One last bump so maybe a few more songs get submitted, but I feel like there won’t be enough entries to make it work…

Welcome to the quater finals!

Quater final #1

Versus

• Stereo Hearts
  • Circles

0 voters

Quater final #2

Versus

• Stressed Out
  • In The End

0 voters

Quater final #3

Versus

• Payphone
  • OMG

0 voters

Quater final #4

Versus

• Na Na Na
  • Peace Sign

0 voters

3 Likes

Some of these are actually pretty hard for me to pick my favourite :joy:

2 Likes

You would put Payphone, one of my favorite songs of all time right there with OMG…one of my other favorite songs of all time…-flops on side and weeps in Usher-

1 Like

Don’t blame me, blame the random generator I used :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I know. I was just messing with you.

1 Like

Semi-final time :sunglasses:

Semi-final #1

Versus

• Stereo Hearts
  • Na Na Na

0 voters

Semi-final #2

Versus

• Stressed Out
  • Payphone

0 voters

2 Likes

Oohh, Peace Sign got votes.

1 Like

Just had a little peak at the results and very interesting this far :eyes:

1 Like

I was too late … Will there be another one of those

1 Like

Possibly yes, if people are interested in it!

1 Like

Aww, Circles didn’t make it… :sob: :sob: But it was up against a tough competitor, because Stereo Hearts is a really good song.

1 Like

Both were great songs, I was really torn which to vote for

1 Like

We do need a tiebreaker vote, cause there currently is a tie :eyes: At 2022-03-17T17:00:00Z the votes will close, if there is still a tie I will let a random generator decide.

The final

Versus

• Stereo Hearts
  • Stressed Out

0 voters

Used a random generator to decide which of the 2 continued from the semi final that was a tie

@CerealKiller @Rose @MichiTheThird @lollipoplady @Ouijaloveletters @LunaticLeviTheSecond

Also, now I have those tags, let me ask right away, do you guys want another song battle? If yes, please suggest some themes for that song battle!

1 Like