Songs with hidden meanings 🦋

So I was listening to music and this song came on-

A while ago I googling the meaning of this song for some reason, and most of the interpretations people gave to it was about some sort of relationship, most commonly something between a younger person and an older person.

But

Apparently that’s not even the meaning of it
This song is actually about drug and substance abuse among the singer’s teenage friends. It’s sung from the perspective of the drug.

Which surprised me a lot, but it’s lowkey rad.

So it got me thinking,
And why not open a thread when you get thinking :sunglasses:

• What songs do you know that have hidden meanings or messages?
  • do you have any song you personality interpreted differently than others have?
  • anything else you want to say?

@Music

6 Likes

Hey that’s cool! You aren’t but anyways

No I don’t have any cool songs

1 Like

Wow that’s actually pretty interesting I love Halestorm but I actually didn’t know this! I’m happy to learn :smile:

I think I’ll come back to this thread later when I’m listening to music and think of the hidden meaning :joy:

2 Likes

Semi charmed life is about Crystal meth…great song, though. I know a lot of happy songs with dark meaning. Pumped Up Kicks

I feel like all songs have hidden meanings :joy:

People interpret every song even if it’s not what the artist perceived it to be!

Yeah most of the time
But I actually meant the other way around technically

1 Like

No ignore that I make no sense

1 Like

:rofl:

Katy Perry’s song “Firework” apparently has a hidden meaning👀

“Basically I have this very morbid idea… when I pass, I want to be put into a firework and shot across the sky over the Santa Barbara ocean as my last hurrah,” she said at the time. “I want to be a firework, both living and dead. My boyfriend showed me a paragraph out of Jack Kerouac’s book On the Road, about people that are buzzing and fizzing and full of life and never say a commonplace thing. They shoot across the sky like a firework and make people go, ‘Ahhh.’ I guess that making people go ‘ahhh’ is kind of like my motto.”

1 Like

Yeah!

1 Like

I mean…this isn’t really a hidden meaning, but Cassie by Flyleaf. I think you can tell what it’s about.

1 Like

Ohhh, Slide by The Goo Goo Dolls and Freshmen by The Verve Pipe. Both about abortion, but in Freshman, the Girl also kills herself. The lyrics “She took a weeks worth of Valium and slept.”

In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins. I can’t remember exactly what it’s about, though.

i mean i used to hear songs and get a story behind it.

the best one i think was a prison, reaching for help but getting rejected

Hmmmm…

Anyone else?

the ones the slaves sang when they were working on plantations in 1800s, they had hidden messages of when the underground railroad was leaving and hope

Semi-Charmed Life was the number one hit song when I was 13. I had no idea what it was about until a few years ago, when I read an article about songs with hidden meanings.

1 Like

And they actually mentioned it in the song. It was too fast for me to hear it, though.

Besides, I didn’t even know what crystal meth was when I was 13.