Sport/Exercise you can do at home!

So, there is actually a lot of stuff that we can do at home during this lockdown to stay fit and active. You don’t need a gym to do exercise!!

So, I’ll keep updating this throughout the week with individual exercises and some full workouts to do, I’m no expert but I can just copy and paste the ones my coaches give me joy

So, starting off with some basic stuff:

For most activities, a 5 minute run/jog on the spot should suffice for a warm up.

Push ups
I hate these :slight_smile: But they are good for your shoulders, spine and core muscles so…

You should start small, because press ups can be quite hard- for the first day, just see how many you can do before you have to stop. Remember to try and keep your elbows as close to your sides as you can, as it’s better for the formation.
Then, the next time you do them try and aim to do at least 1 more, gradually building up your ability over time.

Don’t forget to warm up and stretch off etc before and after… you don’t want to get sore muscles or injure yourself grimacing

If you find them super difficult, do a half press-up imstead by letting your knees rest on the floor!

If you can do them easily, try the clapping! :wink:
Plank
This one is fairly simple, it generally improves your muscle strength and stability. Especially for your quads and core.
You can do it on either your hands or elbows, personally I find elbows to be harder.
For an extra challenge, you can try doing a side plank. You may want to find a video on how to do these, as I’m not sure how to explain it.

Plank Walk
These are quite difficult uwu

Squats
Very good for your thigh muscles, when you do these you should try and keep your back straight and tall, don’t let yourself bend forwards.
Also don’t sink lower than having your hips aligned with your knees, because that’s when it becomes a crouch and you don’t want that.

Bear Crawl
Move opposite hands and legs together in baby steps, never letting your knees touch the ground. Your steps shouldn’t be bigger than the length of your hand- the shorter the better!

Downward (facing) dog You don’t need to d the toe taps, if the pose is enough of a stretch for you then that’s perfect. The toe taps are an added challenge.

I’ll keep editing in more exercises, but please share with others what it is that you have been doing to stay fit during this crisis. We can all help each other!

5 Likes

Which one do you like the most?

1 Like

Most definitely squats :joy: the rest are too hard

1 Like

Added #youtube and #sport tag :wink:

If you’re looking for a good yt channel with home workouts I recommend Pamela Reif. She’s amazing! And she has this dance workouts that are so fun to do!

Has anyone been doing exercises like this during lockdown?

I’ve been trying to do some physical activity for the Gladiator Challenge, so I end up doing a lot of different sports and exercises indoors.

1 Like

Yeah. But it’s hard to be consistent when I’m always tired.

The gladiator challenge is one of the only reasons I’m not too fat. I try increasing my steps and looking for exercises that match my mood or I’m willing to do.

1 Like

gotta love the extra motivation it provides, i would just be lounging around if not for it

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity