St. Andrew’s Academy Official Thread

I smile and sit beside him on his bed. “honestly I don’t know other than getting the word out. I also have a connection outside of the school for alcohol. So I gotta text them and wait for them to text. So we will see how much fun we will have.” I try to think if there is anything else.

@bpalmer

2 Likes

Jasper chuckled at Brex’s comment about popping up unexpectedly. “Yeah, well, a bit of mystery keeps life interesting, don’t you think?” he replied with a playful grin.

As Brex shared personal details about his parents and his connection to music, Jasper’s eyes widened slightly, showing genuine interest. He appreciated Brex’s openness and nodded, acknowledging the significance of music in their lives. There was a subtle spark of curiosity in Jasper’s eyes, wondering more about Brex’s experiences with famous bands. “That’s so dope!” Usually Jasper was still very caught up in his Aussie slang and way of speaking, but over the last year he had in fact picked up some American way of speaking too.

When Brex leaned back against the wall, Jasper leaned casually on one foot, maintaining a comfortable and confident demeanor. The playful glint in Jasper’s eyes remained, and he gave Brex an easygoing smile, appreciating the banter.

As the conversation shifted to theater and drumming, Jasper’s body language adapted. He straightened up, showing enthusiasm when Brex asked about a drum kit. “Actually, I’ve got a drum kit at home. Perks of the parental units being fond of collecting fancy musical instruments, wasn’t allowed to take it here however, not enough space.” he said, somewhat of a sad undertone in his voice. He would have loved his own drum kit here. Until he realised he didn’t need his own for the following idea to pop up, as he continued speaking his stare moved from the ground in front of him to meet Brex’s eyes, “But there’s a drum kit in the school’s music room. It’s not mine personally, but I’ve surely spent some time on it. If you ever want to jam together, I’m game.” His sentences were formatted and spoken casually, but there was somewhat of a mischievous glint in his eyes as he spoke. He wanted to get to know this guy better, and what better way to do it than by making music together?

Brex’s mention of his dad’s band drew Jasper’s attention. “Your dad’s entire discography? That’s impressive, mate. Must be cool having that connection. And hey, sometimes, not thinking and just playing feels like the right vibe.” Jasper’s brief nods, a slight smile reflective look in his eyes suggested a shared appreciation for the therapeutic aspect of playing music. It was not something Jasper only experienced in music however, he enjoyed it in drama and theatre too “Improv happens to be my favourite when it comes to performing on stage”

As he then started to notice people were leaving the auditorium again, Jasper couldn’t resist injecting a touch of humor. “Well, it looks like we managed to skip the opening speech. Guess we’ll have to find out the highlights later or suffer the consequences of missing it.” He delivered the last line with a playful twinkle in his eye, and a chuckle, maintaining his authentically funny and light hearted persona as he spoke.

@bpalmer - Brex

Victoria found herself to be surprised by the hug, yet, it felt comfortable and warm. In a way, this girl reminded her of home. Once the girl continued speaking in Gaelic, that contributed to Victoria feeling a tremendous guilt however. She was sure the girl had felt happy to be able to speak to someone in her native language, she had made her feel comfortable by understanding her language, as Victoria had felt comfortable through the hug. This while Victoria had not picked up more than a few small word here and there like and, I and you. By far not enough to grasp what she had said, “I’m terribly sorry, my dear. I must confess, my Gaelic is rather limited, perhaps you could find some time to help me study more? For now, could we perhaps continue our chat in English? I’m originally from London, England. And you, where do you call home?” she spoke somewhat slowly and well-articulated, hoping it would be possible for the girl to understand her fully. She felt so bad having to repeat her question to be able to understand the girl and where she was from.

“By the way, I must compliment your outfit. That green pleated skirt paired with the white cropped shirt is rather fetching. It suits you splendidly.” she gave the girl a honest smile. While she said it at a moment to sort of soften the blow of her not being fluent in Gaelic, Victoria really thought the girl pulled off that outfit to perfection, enhancing her natural attractiveness. The red hair with the green skirt, it was a striking combination for sure.

Not long after the speech started, Victoria couldn’t help but wondering whether Katrina had been able to fully understand what was said, so once the speech was finished she asked: “Have you managed to grasp the entirety of the speech? If not, would you prefer a recap or any clarifications on the headmistress’s remarks?”

@Bluecookies - Katrina

Aria responded with a warm smile, sensing Liv’s hesitancy. “I understand if you prefer not to delve into certain topics. Your past is your own, and it’s entirely your choice what you want to share. Just know being vulnerable is a strength, not a weakness. We all have our stories and struggles, and it’s okay to share them and accept support when you’re ready. It doesn’t make you any less strong or capable.” While Aria had been supportive and felt sorry for what happened to Liv, it didn’t change in any way how she saw the girl, if anything it had gained Aria’s respect that Liv had showed such a side of herself. “That said, know that I’m here for you, not just for the heavy stuff but for the everyday moments too. So, future it is, and I’m glad we can share it together.” Aria’s words were filled with a reassuring sincerity, encouraging Liv to open up at her own pace.

At that moment the headmistress started her speech, to which Aria listened attentively. Taking in every word that was spoken. She mostly picked up on the emphasis on the school’s commitment to providing a well-rounded education, focusing not only on academics but also on sports, artistic growth, and leadership skills. The mention of the school as a family and the encouragement for everyone to feel a sense of belonging resonated with Aria’s values, as she appreciates the importance of community and support.

After the speech, Aria turned Liv, offering a warm and supportive smile. “Well, it looks like we’ve got a lot to look forward to this year. Let’s make the most of it and enjoy the journey together. We’ve got each other, right?” Her tone aimed to reassure Liv and reinforce the idea of mutual support and friendship. She had been left feeling a bit unsure about their friendship as Liv had reacted somewhat hesitant to Aria’s support, so she needed some confirmation.

As they head outside the auditorium, Owen gave it some thought, he wanted a quiet place, preferable one in nature but one that still offered a sense of comfort too, once he made up his mind he said, “Let’s head to the nearby park. It’s a quiet and peaceful place, and I thought it might be nice for us to chat there. Trust me; it’s a good spot. We can take it easy, and you can share as much or as little as you’re comfortable with. What do you think?” He looked at Lila as he spoke. In any other circumstances, Owen would have been quite excited about spending some time with a girl as attractive as Lila in private, but that wasn’t really on his mind. He just wanted to make sure she was okay, that was the main thing right now.

@ChayChay05 - Lila

4 Likes

I lean my head on his shoulder as I think about what we might need and what we already had. “OK so you have drinks covered. Dont we have the numbers for all the students or at least most of them send a mass text and tell them to invite everyone they know.” I say as I smile at him and keep thinking. “Is that all we need?”
@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I smile as she talked. Then the headmistress started her speech. I listened and nodded every so often. I loved that we focused on sports and education. Then the speech was over and Aria spoke again. “of course we have each other. We are friends after all.” I smile at her warmly. I was glad to have a friend like Aria to be honest. She would always keep me grounded. [color=hotpink] “Do you know who you roommate is? I believe I have Victoria again.” I smile as I remember her from last year.

@Jass Aria
——————————————————————

I listen as he talk. The park sounded perfect to me. “sounds good to me. The park it is” I said and followed behind him since I wasn’t sure where this park was. I hd actually never really been off campus, well except to go into town for stuff I needed like toiletries, clothes and school supplies. I was excited yet nervous. Truth be told Owen was good looking, and he seemed really sweet. I had to get to know him this year since he was a senior and I a junior. I mean knowing someone kind of for two years is good but this year seemed different. This year I wanted to know more about him. I didn’t know where this friendship would go. Part of me wanted to stay where it was at. Part of me wanted it to grow into a better friendship and honestly a small part of me wanted even more than friendship with him. I just keep following him.

@Jass Owen
——————————————————————

I think as we sit. I listen to him and think about his question. “I believe we do have most of the students numbers. I mean I could always break into the headmistress’s office and get the numbers.” I shrugged and chuckled. “I do believe that’s all we need. I’m super excited about this party.” I say as I think of all the possibilities.

@bpalmer Killian

2 Likes

~

~

“I didn’t know you were a teacher. It makes sense I didn’t get to know you yet, I don’t like history.” Sadie nodded slowly, *allll righty then. “Now, Miss, Rollins.” She was surprised he knew her name. “I’ll help you with anything you need, but please, don’t call me Lav. Either call me Mr. Coltrane, Coach or Coach Coltrane. I’ll also accept Colt since we’re colleagues, but I hate the sound of my name.” She nodded again, noted. Don’t use first name.

I’d teach you but you’d have to keep it to yourself and if anybody finds out say that I’m just your friend who’s just relaying knowledge he’s learned from self defense classes to you. Would after assembly be too soon for you? Becuase I’m free then and then not at all until Saturday, unless somebody cancels on me on time, I won’t be able to push you in this week if it’s not today or on Saturday.” Sadie nodded, grateful for Colt’s take up to help. Plus she couldn’t deny that she needed a boost of confidence when walking alone these days.

"Yeah, okay, Colt, that sounds like a plan. After the assembly works for me. I appreciate it, even if it’s not ‘official’. I heard you have knowledge in this area, and honestly, that’s all I need right now.” Regardless if it’s over or under the table. Sadie looked at her feet, her nerves betraying her usual composed demeanor. “I’m not too concerned about anyone finding out, as long as there’s discretion. I can handle a little white lie if it means I get the training I need. And you being my friend who’s just sharing your knowledge makes perfect sense. We can keep it between us.”

She thought of her planner, mentally noting the upcoming assembly. Taking a deep breath, Sadie straightened her posture. Despite her recent heartache, she was determined to regain her sense of security and confidence. “Thank you so much for helping me, Coltrane. It means a lot. Just let me know what I need to do to prepare, and I’ll be ready.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond • Coach Coltrane • my post felt a bit dry, so let me know if there’s enough to work with :sweat_smile: also, maybe this is a clone cuz the assembly post was already posted heh

2 Likes

Brex nodded at Jasper and sighed. “Mystery is what we are calling appearing out of nowhere now?” he asked honestly not quite buying it but giving him a little lopsided almost grin.

Brex could see the surprise or shock pass across Jasper’s face as he spoke about his parents and growing up unconventionally immersed in music. Brex wondered if he shared his last name if Jasper would know who his dad was and start acting different especially since he hadnt seemed to have any idea what band he grew up with. “Yeah it was cool had its ups and downs of coarse though.” Brex said with a shrug. Brex knew his British accent was usually pretty strong but he was a bit self conscious of it in the states so he tried his best to tone it down when he could.

Brex smiled a little when he noticed the way that Jasper seemed to get excited as the conversation drifted to him and drums. “You know how to play mere than drums?” he asked curious when Jasper said his parents liked to collect fancy instruments. “I mean yeah thats fair our rooms are not very big so I could see that. Sucks that you dont have one here we could have a chance to jam if you did.” Brex shocked even himself be saying he wanted to spend more time with this guy. Maybe this place wasnt absolutely hell on earth. Brex got honestly excited when he heard Jasper mention the drum kit in the music room and that they were free to use it. “Im down to jam together I mean I have no idea where the music room is though and I would have to get my stuff from my room.” He admitted but nodded thinking it all over.

Brex was shaken from his thoughts though when Jasper seemed really shocked that he knew his fathers entire discography. “I was band back up from the time I was eight if someone was sick they threw me in. So yeah the entire discography is memorized on bass, electric, and drums but admittedly im not the best at drums its passable but not perfect. My dad raised me as a single parent on predominately a tour bus with at least three other guys at all times it was like I was way older than I was it wasnt so much a traditional father son relationship actually.” Brex kind of mumbled the last part about how he was raised. Brex had no theater experience and honestly didnt see that as a fit for him but he could generally understand what Jasper meant about improv being great.

“I was kind of thinking about skipping it anyway so i guess its all fine.” he replied with a soft shrug. “You been here before to at least know what it was maybe about? My first year so I have no idea if it was even important.” Brex admitted as he bit his lip. “Anyway music room? If so let me grab my stuff then we can go.”
@Jass

1 Like

I just relax as we form a plan I had a notebook sitting on his leg and a pen in hand to write our plan all out. “Yeah you could but if you get caught you are screwed.” I say as i sigh. I ruffle his hair playfully and shake my head. “Ok so thats everything more or less after we send the text out. What all are we putting in the text I can draft it up on paper.”
@ChayChay05

3 Likes

“Oh wow,” was all Phoenix could say as they saw Cams art. “That’s … wild. Beautifully wild,” they corrected. Phoenix leaned back in their chair, still giggling. "I think we should stick to our respective talents instead. You can amaze everyone with your athleticism, and I’ll… well, I’ll just continue to be myself. Besides, who needs to be Leonardo da Vinci when you have friends who can appreciate your terrible artwork? Of course, Cam you keep doing what you’re doing. Amazing work.” They gave Cam a thumbs up, as if she was following along.

The laughter subsided, but the lighthearted atmosphere lingered. Phoenix leaned closer to Teo, a mischievous smile playing on their lips. “You know, we should make this a regular thing. ‘Terrible Art Tuesdays’ or something. We can gather all our friends, attempt to draw something, and have a grand old time laughing at our artistic skills. It could be our little tradition.” Boom. Just like that Phoenix tried to loop Mateo into being their friend. Phoenix personally thought it was brilliant, and quite clever on their end.

@bpalmer • Teo • I’m playing around with banners, so there might be a couple from here on out :sweat_smile::sparkles:

@ChayChay05 • Camila • mentioned ~

3 Likes

Don’t flatter yourself. You aren’t in my head. You are like the annoying person I can’t seem to get rid of.” Enzo grinned. “ Nella tua testa”(In your head), he said in a sing song voice. “How could I not be flattered? I’m in your head one way or another.” Enzo laughed. “oh it would be a much better life I’m sure.” Vincenzo rolled his eye endearingly. “Whatever you say, Capo(boss).” They said it in the auditorium, “you’re something else Vince.” She smiled at him, “where do you want to sit? Together?” Enzo nodded, pulling Jade by the hand to find some empty seats. “Of course piccola ragazza(little girl). How about…” he scanned the crowd and there were no two seats together. “Ehmmm,” Enzo, still holding Jades hand, found an end seat. “Here. You can sit, Amore. I’ll stand.” He genuinely smiled, gesturing to the chair.

This could go… well :eyes::sparkles:

The night time parade is the best. All the beautiful lights on the floats. It’s so nice. Maybe one time you can come home with me for Mardi Gras break.” Ken was already enjoying just watching a nice boy talk, but he awkwardly coughed as Rodney said the last part. He used his elbow, as if blocking this cough—to block his blush. Clearing his throat, Ken kept his arm up as he spoke. “Yeah, that would be cool. Super cool.” As he fumbled, he noticed the principal go up to the stage, without a moment’s hesitation Ken was moving. Facing away from Rodney as his face cooled off. “Let’s sit. Assembly and all that.” He offered, a lame excuse really.

@ChayChay05 • yay :smiley: I love these interactions honestly :sob:

2 Likes

Chloe

Camila said that she wasn’t a very talkative person and I felt bad I felt like I was making both her and Greer uncomfortable since Greer advised they are not a talkative person either. “Hey it’s ok not knowing what sexuality you are. As long as you are yourself and true to yourself then thats all that matters and you will figure it out. But I guess I should go dign up for a sort and go find my roommate. I’ll see ya guys around hopefully”

@ChayChay05
@Ouijaloveletters

2 Likes

“Have you tried talking to them about how you feel?” … Or do they still not listen?” Eve shrugged, her eyes darting away for a moment. “I did, but they dismissed my feelings. They look at me like I’m some unhinged crazy… person, who doesn’t have any self control. They made it seem like I was being ungrateful or rebellious for even suggesting an alternative. It’s disheartening, really.” Its not like it wasn’t my first time driving either. For once, Eve kept that part to herself. It would just confirm how little she really had cared at the time.

Is that normal?” Eve shrugged. Was it? She had been so busy going through her own stuff that she hadn’t even really noticed until the school year started. “Well,” she thoughtfully said, “I guess it isn’t… or shouldn’t be at least. I didn’t have a whole lot of time to talk to him before school and… well one good thing about going to North Carolina was I didn’t use my phone as much.” Eve shrugged.

@idiot.exe • Hope

1 Like

Aria felt a sense of relief as Liv said they had each other and were friends. She really did care about Liv, and really did not want to lose her as a friend. Aria had a warm smile and said, “I’m really glad to hear that, Liv.” As Liv started talking about this new girl being her roommate, Aria said, “Oh, I’ve met Victoria, still making my mind up what I think about her.” She then went on to answer the question who her roommate was, “Seems like I’m stuck once again with Evelyn, don’t understand how I get paired with basically the only person in this school I can’t get along with.” A smile sigh escaped her lips, Aria never liked to talk negatively about anyone, but Evelyn was just so polar opposite of who Aria was, where Aria was very down-to-earth and caring about others, Evelyn was such a privileged, spoiled and vain person. They never really had found mutual ground in their previous year of being roommates, and Aria wasn’t quite sure whether it would be any different this year.

@ChayChay05 - Liv
@Tina.G - Evelyn (mentioned)

Owen replied with a friendly smile and said, “Awesome! The park is a nice spot to unwind. We’ll find a quiet spot to chat. It’s not too far; just follow me.” This way, he acknowledged her agreement and reassured her about the proximity of the park. He maintained a friendly and casual tone in their interaction.

As they walked toward the park, Owen made some light conversation to ease any nerves and build a more comfortable atmosphere. He said, “I don’t think you’ll be disappointed; it’s a serene place. Do you usually spend time outdoors, or is this a change of scenery for you?” He wanted Lila to share a bit more of herself, while keeping a comfortable and naturally flowing vibe to their conversation.

@ChayChay05 - Lila

Jasper responded with a playful tone, maintaining his mysterious persona, “Well, ‘appearing out of nowhere’ does have a certain dramatic flair, don’t you think? Adds a touch of magic to the moment.” He accompanied this with a mischievous smirk to keep the banter light.

Jasper, intrigued by Brex’s revelations about his childhood, responded with genuine interest, “Ups and downs make for the best stories.” subtly showing interest to hear more from those times how he had been raised. “And hey, unconventional is often more interesting. I bet there are some wild tales from those days.”

With a playful glint in his eye, Jasper responded, “Oh, mate, I’m a bit of a musical Swiss Army knife. Drums, guitar, a bit of piano - take your pick. Variety’s the spice of life, right?” He said this with a touch of humor, showing that he’s not limited to just one instrument. Sure, the drums had always been his favourite, but he knew how to play some guitar and piano too, his parents had at least taught him the basics of a bunch of instruments. He playfully continued, “But, gotta admit, drums hold a special place in my heart. There’s just something about that rhythmic heartbeat of a song that gets me every time. It’s like the heartbeat of music itself, you know?”

Jasper felt some excitement hearing the guy wished to jam with him. Jasper then playfully responded, “Well, my drum kit might need its own room, and these dorms are a bit cozy for that. At least the school’s got one we can use. We’ll just have to make do with that for now.” He then continued with an enthusiasm in his voice, “Absolutely keen to jam together! The music room is not too far, I can show you where it is. I’m sure it’ll be your favourite room in no time. Haven’t found a more chill room here.” While Jasper enjoyed the theatre, and it was super dear to him, he always enjoyed the vibe of the music room much more.

Jasper’s voice carried a mix of genuine interest and understanding, saying, “Band backup since eight? That’s impressive, mate, to have that level of skill on more than one instrument! Your old man sounds like a real rockstar, raising you on a tour bus and all. I can’t even imagine what that was like, and I am sure it had downsides, but it must’ve been a unique journey.” He then gave a small grin, “By the way, if you ever want to give drums another shot, I’m game. Maybe we can even teach each other a thing or two.” he was sure he could teach Brex a thing or two on the drums, and he could most certainly learn on the guitar and base from Brex, based on what he heard what drew him to talk to Brex in first place.

Jasper responded with a casual tone about missing the opening speech, saying, “Yeah, the opening speeches can be a bit of a drag, to be honest. Been there, done that. As for what it’s about, well, they usually talk about the school year plans, sports, clubs, yada yada.” Jasper honestly didn’t care too much, the speech he attended the last year wasn’t too interesting honestly.

He then took a quick break before continuing about heading to the music room, “Sounds like a plan! I can help carry stuff if you need me too. Let’s grab your gear, head to the music room, and make some magic happen.” A mischievous grin painted his lips as he spoke, he was seriously excited about this chance to jam together with this guy.

@bpalmer - Brex

4 Likes

Adrian smiled, realizing Lorenzo was thinking the same thing. At first he was a bit concerned he’d come off as petty, but hearing it from his friend reassured him. It didn’t matter that Lorenzo was saying it in a more joking tone and Adrian had some inferiority complex. He wasn’t going to address that. Important thing is, he agreed.

“That’s not a bad idea. But…” he leaned on his palm. “Wouldn’t the speech bore them too?”

As the headmaster McSomething gave a speech, Adrian leaned in closer to Lorenzo and began whispering. “Wanna get other students involved? Get them to say their thoughts, flex on the unfortunate and all,” he laughed, making his statement appear more lighthearted than it really was. “But seriously, would be fun to film something together. As a welcome back, in a way.”

@ChayChay05 ⁠{✧} Lorenzo Perez ⁠{✧} I’m honestly running out of ideas on what to say, do we make them leave the auditorium and start?

Outfit

1 Like

Brex just shook his head but a light smiled continued to tug at his lips. This kid was something else and honestly Brex was here for it. “Not as much in the way you did it. I mean you certainly caught me off guard.”

Brex shrugged when Jasper said that ups and downs were good for stories. “But are colossal down falls?” I mumbled under his breath. “Maybe but my life wont make a good story there is too much to it for that I promise that.” Brex could tell Jasper was curious and wanted more but honestly Brex wasnt sure he was really ready to give more. At least not right now if he shared much more his demons would definitely come out of the closet and he didnt know how that would go.

The mood quickly picked back up again when Jasper spoke about how he could play much more than just drums. The soft smile returned to Brex’s face. “Well you know my favorite but piano is not something Ive honestly put much effort towards trying. Seems fun but not something I spent a lot of time around. I know some basics from when we had a keyboardist for a year but not too much beyond that. I was picking it up pretty fast though.” Brex nodded honestly kind of pleased that this guy had stumbled into him tuning his guitar. “You and drums are like me and bass.” Brex commented as he nodded thinking about it all. “I love the feel of the baseline in your chest its just so strong and calming. Makes you forget about all your nerves and lets you just focus on the music,” again Brex was talking without thinking about what was coming out of his mouth at all. This seemed to happen a lot around this guy and honestly he didnt know how he felt about that.

Brex was lost trying to keep himself from spiraling about being so randomly open with this guy for no reason. This wasnt like Brex he has ten foot tall walls built around him and he made people work so hard to get in they usually gave up and left but this kid it just was different. Something about him it just clicked with Jasper and he couldnt figure out why. Jasper’s enthusiasm knocked him back to reality and what Jasper was saying. “Honestly yeah it probably will be especially if my roommate doesnt appreciate me playing in the room.” Brex nodded and tugged on his sleeves a bit again.

Brex nodded when Jasper seemed shocked that he had been thrown in as back up more than once by age eight. “Yeah I mean my dad is really famous so I was kind of drilled in music pretty early and my mom was in the band with him until she got pregnant with me.” he admitted as he nodded and thought about it all. “It was an experience I cant say it would be something I would choose if I had been my dad but it was what he went with and it definitely was unique.” Brex was trying to choose his words carefully and make sure he didnt say too much. He just kept hoping that when Jasper found out who he was that all of his dirty laundry wouldnt be immediately aired. Brex wanted to tell him in his own time if they kept talking and got closer.

Brex listened to Jasper give him the general run down of the speech from last year and sighed. “Yeah that sounds bloody mind numbing. Would have either fallen asleep in it or walked out anyway it seems.” Brex was not in any way upset that he missed it especially if thats what it was about and especially because he met Jasper instead which was a good surprise.

Brex was honestly excited to get to do this with someone much closer to his age than he usually would play with. “What all do I need to bring. Is there an amp in there? If so I can just bring my instruments or even my acoustic?” Brex asked as he walked back to his room and let Jasper follow in behind him. It wasnt fully organized but Brex had all of his instruments displayed and hung on one of the wall. Well all except his bass his bass was on a stand at the foot of his bed the case for it sitting open on his bead. The instrument didnt look like what anyone would expect him to play. Both his acoustic and electric guitar were both just simple his electric was black and a bit beat up and had various stickers stuck to it. His acoustic was also black but it had a rib cage on it. In contrast his bass was extremely different and didnt look like it even belonged to him. It was covered in a floral nature motif and had all kind of moths and butterflies on it. The only thing that made it seem even slightly like his guitars was that the background was black this was set of by the ornate brown leather strap with floral embossed in it. The strap was warn and so was the base but it was incredibly well taken care of. “What should I bring with?”
@Jass

1 Like

Despite seeming nonsensical to Hope, Eve seemed to be genuinely affected by what had happened. She would’ve assumed she’s being ungrateful at first, but she had to consider all the factors. After all, she’s known Eve for a while, they were on the swimming team together and Hope somehow became a person to be trusted.

She thought back to the origin of those rumors, appearing sometime after she’d been outed as gay. It was one event after another, completely isolating Eve. Her entire world must’ve changed, and Hope could guess how lonely she must’ve felt. It was almost too easy to become her friend. Especially jarring for someone like Hope, who was used to following a template of generic responses. Without them, she was completely clueless.

Once she thought it through, she continued. “It’s heartbreaking to hear that they couldn’t empathise with your struggles. Especially since I’m sure they’re aware of everything that’s happened.” She sighed. “I wouldn’t know what to do without my family’s support. They’re supposed to be the first people you’d come to…”

“Well," Evelyn spoke thoughtfully. "I guess it isn’t… or shouldn’t be at least. I didn’t have a whole lot of time to talk to him before school and… well one good thing about going to North Carolina was I didn’t use my phone as much.”

Hope smiled. “There was a positive thing! That’s good,” she leaned against her seat a bit, straightening her back. “And hey… If you want, it could be an opportunity to talk to him,” she shrugged. “If you want. Best not to leave problems for later.”

As the two spoke, Hope almost lost track of time. She’d barely noticed the headmaster was already on the podium, preparing to give her speech. When she cleared her throat, Hope turned away from Evelyn and focused her attention to the headmaster. She gave Eve a nod, trying to communicate that they’d finish the conversation later. Whether she’d understand her was a different story.

It was the usual speech, but Hope listened with full attention. She was almost frozen in place aside from her breathing, her eyes locked on the podium. If there was any opportunity to get information, it was from the announcement. From academical growth to personal skills, Hope grinned in excitement at the possibilities that awaited her. All the guest speakers and upcoming events were about to be living rent free in her mind, as she patiently waited for their beginning.

Once the speech ended and the students were dismissed, Hope turned to Evelyn. Her smile hadn’t faded yet. “Another year! I’m so excited! I can’t believe this will be my last,” she sat up, placing her bag on her shoulder. And then, her muscles tensed up as she stood in place. She wasn’t sure whether she should leave or wait for Eve. She didn’t have a lot of friends and it wasn’t common to be left alone with someone.

Hope took a deep breath. “Um, what are you planning to do after this?”

@Tina.G ✿⁠.⁠*⁠・~ Evelyn Bauer ~ I hope it’s fine that I added the speech part? :eyes: So they’re not stuck in the auditorium after everyone else leaves

Outfit

1 Like

Katrina’s smiled slowly faded upon hearing the girl speak, “I’m terribly sorry, my dear. I must confess, my Gaelic is rather limited, perhaps you could find some time to help me study more? For now, could we perhaps continue our chat in English? I’m originally from London, England. And you, where do you call home?” Heat rose to her cheeks turning them red with embarrassment, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to ramble.” Hearing her wanting to learn more, Katrina half-smiled a little, “If you can help me with my English I would be delighted to,” she said softly. “Aviemore. I am from Aviemore, Scotland in the Highlands. A bit more remote but we manage.” “By the way, I must compliment your outfit. That green pleated skirt paired with the white cropped shirt is rather fetching. It suits you splendidly.” Katrina blushed and once more tried to pull the small shirt down to cover her tummy to no avail. “It was laundry day, I didn’t have anything else.” She replied meekly, still blushing from the compliment. “Have you managed to grasp the entirety of the speech? If not, would you prefer a recap or any clarifications on the headmistress’s remarks?” Katrina nodded slowly, “I-I have more trouble in English class with grammar and spelling and pronunciation…” She said with embarrassment she wanted to disappear in this moment, back to her quiet life in Scotland where everything just made sense.

@Jass ~ Victoria

1 Like

Sorry my reply too so long yall.

I smile at him. “well if you keep the old lady busy I could sneak in and get the numbers and back out easily without anyone seeing.” I then listened to him more. “let’s go with… Party tonight starts at 8pm at the shed right off of school grounds. Bring everyone you know. Drinks provided. Let’s have some fun before classes start in two days.” I hoped that sounded good. I couldn’t wait to send the text out and have this party.

@bpalmer Killian
——————————————————————

The headmistress walked out on stage. I pushed him in the chair and decided to sit in his lap. I really hoped he didn’t mind. However I wasn’t gonna stand this whole time. Her speech was short thankfully. When the speech ended I didn’t get up right away. I mean everyone was rushing out the door and I didn’t want to get caught in all that. As I sit on his lap and people are walking out I turn and look at him. “I hope you don’t mind. If you did sorry not sorry.” I giggled. As everyone rushed out the doors and looked like they were running from the zombie apocalypse. I just sat on his lap taking in this little moment of hidden pleasure being so close to him. The guy I have had a crush on for years now. Truth be told. I had a crush on him from the moment we met three years ago when he was a freshman. It was so cute how lost he was. I can remember it like it was yesterday. It was right before the welcome speech. I was running late since I had gotten here like five minutes before the speech started. I was literally running to the auditorium and ran smack dab into this guy who was taller then me but looking lost and confused. When I ran into him we both had fallen to the ground. Me landing on top of him. Our eyes meeting for a brief second before I got up and blamed him. (I mean I was the higher class man and knew where I was going. It couldn’t be my fault) He then informed me he had no clue where he was going. So I called him a pet name and showed him. Ever since that day we had a rivalry going but secretly I liked him. It’s always been so much fun to pick with him. We riled each other up but honestly it was so fun. the years we have gotten to know each other pretty well even though we don’t always get along. I then snapped back to reality. “So where are we off to now?” I asked as
westayed seated me in his lap and people still i .
@Tina.G Enzo hope it went well enough for ya. lol
——————————————————————

I smile and follow him to some seats as the headmistress talked. I smiled about the sports stuff. Then the speech ended. “now do you want me to help you find your room? I know first years can be hard and not knowing where to go sucks.” I smile at him and wait for his response

@Tina.G Ken honestly me too
——————————————————————

I smile at her as she says this to me. “thanks. And yeah hopefully we will see you around” I smile at Chloe. We wait for Greer to speak. “I probably need to go find my room. Meet my roommate and all that stuff” I say while we wait before leaving.

@Kate Chloe
@Ouijaloveletters Greer
——————————————————————

I smile at Aria. I was so happy to have her a friend. Someone I could rely on and talk to at anytime. It made me so happy. “well hopefully we get along. I guess I better go to
my room and finish decorating. I’ll see ya around.
Have a good day.”
I part her with a smile.

@Jass Aria
Approachable Now
——————————————————————

I was shocked when he asked about me going out. “honestly back home. No I don’t get outside often.” I say as we walk. I didn’t say why right now. I was gonna wait till we got to the park to talk about anything. I just keep following him and listening and talking a little. I was kind of nervous to be honest. I mean I’ve never been alone with a nice guy. In my mind all men were pigs.

@Jass Owen
——————————————————————

I smile at his idea. “Yeah dude. Let’s go do that. How will we get people to want to be in the video though? I mean we can’t force them.” I shrug. However most of the kids here would probably die to be in a YouTube video as famous as my YouTube channel. I asked as we got up and went out of the auditorium before the speech started.

@idiot.exe Adrian sorry for the shortness. My head is sort of hurting right this minute.
——————————————————————

FinnForChay

The speech was over. However instead of even saying anything to Shiloh; or allowing her to know she did get under my skin before the speech; I just got up and walked out. Well I actually walked out right before the speech was over. I went to walk around and try to find my room. This campus was so big with over 2,000 acres of land and a pond. I had a feeling I would get lost a lot this year.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond Shiloh-mentioned
Approachable Now

4 Likes

Jayda’s playful words hung in the air as she sat comfortably on Vincenzo’s lap, unaware of the internal turmoil he was experiencing. His jaw clenched and his gaze remained fixed ahead, an attempt to hide the surge of emotions stirring within him. Slowly, Vincenzo turned his face towards her, mustering up the courage to respond. “It’s alright,” he managed to say, his words strained, revealing the uncomfortable truth lurking beneath the surface. His arm found its way around her waist, gently settling his hand on her hip, though the weight of the situation pressed heavily on him. His voice adopted a sober tone as he continued, “It’s…fine.” The room was much too full for anyone to pay attention to them. They fell silent as the principal finished her short speech.

Despite the bustling atmosphere of the crowded room, their interaction went unnoticed amidst the chaotic sea of people. A heavy silence draped over them as the principal concluded her brief speech. With a flurry of individuals eager to vacate the auditorium, Jayda, still comfortably settled on Vincenzo’s lap, turned towards him, breaking the silence that surrounded them. “So where are we headed next?” she inquired, her voice tinged with a hint of excitement.

Vincenzo couldn’t resist the opportunity to playfully yet snippily respond, knowing that she wouldn’t understand his Italian remark, making it all the more enjoyable. “Ah, Jayda, una rivalità che si trasforma in un’affezione sospetta,”(Ah, Jayda, a rivalry that turns into suspicious affection) he muttered, amusement dancing in his eyes. But as he said it, he couldn’t resist giving her a quick, affectionate squeeze around her waist, before gracefully lifting them both up. Enzo knew she wouldn’t understand, and that’s why he said it. “Whatever you want to do, Capo.”(boss)

Now do you want me to help you find your room? I know first years can be hard and not knowing where to go sucks.” Ken was almost convinced that Rodney was trying to give him a hear attack. “That would… actually be great. It’s B107. I have no clue where I’m going honestly,” Ken said nervously. Ken walked side by side with Rodney.

@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I jumped a little when he put his hands around me at first. It was unexpected. It felt nice at the same time though. She had settled in comfortably as the headmistress gave her speech. Then Enzo lifted me up both of us getting to their feet. I tried to hold my composure while I found my balance. “Want to go to town? Maybe go shopping?” I asked as I thought about everything I could buy with my credit card. Both of my parents gave me one not knowing the other gave me one. So I had more than enough money, plus I had my debit card and they would put 2,000 in a week to make sure I had money for whatever I wanted or needed. I smile at him as we head for the door. “it’s my treat. Maybe we can get some lunch. I can buy you whatever you want.” I smile at him. Not that he didn’t have money it was my way of trying to let him know I liked him without saying it. I then remembered he spoke Italian knowing I couldn’t understand why he said. I sighed “why can’t you just speak English to me? You know I don’t understand your Italian. For God sakes I took Spanish.” I say as we get out of the auditorium and I wait to see what his response is about going into town.

@Tina.G Enzo
They are too cute….
——————————————————————

I smiled as we start to walk the medium distance from the auditorium to the boy’s dorm. The girl’s dorm was all the way across the school grounds form the boy’s. The school was over 2,000 acres of land, but the school grounds(where the classrooms and things were) was a little smaller. As we walk I point out important things to him. “I know where that is. My room is B220. So I’m upstairs.” I smile hoping he would take it as he can come up anytime.

@Tina.G Ken

2 Likes

Jasper could appreciate Brex’s clever comeback in their banter, getting a small chuckle out of Jasper. He continued however with a slight smirk on his face, “Well, keeping you on your toes is my specialty. Gotta keep things interesting.” he gave a small laugh before continuing, a slight challenge in his voice as he spoke, “Bet this won’t be the last time I’ll catch you off guard”

Jasper, noticing Brex’s hesitation, softened his expression, sensing the weight behind Brex’s words. “Fair enough,” he said gently, not pushing for more. “Everyone’s got their own stories, and some parts are tougher to share than others. Whenever you’re ready, I’m here to listen. No rush, mate.”

He then shifted the conversation to a lighter topic, giving Brex the space he seemed to need. “Oh, really?” Jasper’s eyes brightened with curiosity. “That’s impressive. Picking up the keys quickly is no small feat.” His voice then turned more casual instead of intrigued, “I mean, if you find it fun, why not dive into it more? Seems like you were onto something there. What kept you from spending more time with the keys?” he asked, with a somewhat serious tone, wanting to understand this part of Brex better. “Too many other tempting instruments stealing the spotlight?” He flashed a playful grin, emphasizing his friendly and inquisitive nature.

Jasper gave Brex a nod of agreement. “I get that, mate. Drums and bass, the heartbeat of the music, right? It’s like they have this power to pull you in and let everything else fade away. Music has a way of doing that, bringing people together and giving them a moment of escape. You’re spot on about the bass - it’s the backbone of a good groove.” He smiled, trying to convey his appreciation for Brex’s musical perspective. When listening to music, Jasper truly appreciated the bass, maybe even more so than the drums. The drums often were safer, in the background, where a bass could really make or break the instrumentals of a song in Jasper’s opinion.

“Gotcha,” Jasper replied, catching on to Brex’s concern of how his roommate would react to him playing in the room. “Well, hopefully, your roommate can appreciate the musical magic happening in there. Otherwise, I’m sure it’s his loss.” Jasper shrugged, as he subtly complimented Brex’s skill on the bass again.

Jasper, in that moment pieces everything together. It made sense now, why he had been raised in a trailer. He was actually talking to the son of a famous artist, from a band he might even know. He was interested in the genre his father’s band was in after all. He sensed however, that Brex did not want to talk too much about it, so his reply was somewhat muted and casual, “Huh, that’s something, growing up in the thick of music like that. Your dad being famous adds an interesting layer to it all.” he sort of processed as he spoke. His tone stayed easygoing, making sure not to pressure Brex to feel like he had to share any more.

“Honestly, mate, you’re not wrong. It had ‘snooze-fest’ written all over it last year,” Jasper replied with a grin. “You probably would’ve found a more interesting time rearranging your sock drawer. But hey, at least you missed the boredom and stumbled into meeting me instead. Quite the upgrade, I’d say.” He added a playful wink, appreciating the lighthearted tone of their conversation. It couldn’t be ignored Jasper had quite a flair for dramatics.

Jasper followed Brex into the room, eyes scanning over the displayed instruments.“Nice setup you’ve got here,” he commented, nodding towards the guitars and bass. “And that bass, mate, that’s a piece of art. Love the floral motif - it’s got character.” he wasn’t quite sure whether he meant it seriously or half sarcastic himself. There was something special about it, even if it didn’t strike him whatsoever as an instrument Brex would play. “As for what to bring, bring whatever you feel like playing. If you’ve got a preference for acoustic or electric, go with that. Pretty sure amps are covered, so no need to lug one around. Just bring one instrument you vibe with, and your passion for music, and we’ll see where it takes us.” He grinned, eager to see what kind of music they could create together. His invitation to carry something didn’t quite seem needed after all, yet he was glad he had offered, as this brought him an unique insight into Brex.

@bpalmer - Brex. Why am I loving their interaction more and more, even if I feel some second handed embarrassment for Jasper :joy:

Victoria smiled warmly, recognizing Katrina’s embarrassment and wanting to make her feel at ease, “Oh, don’t you worry. There’s absolutely no need to be embarrassed about your English. Learning and speaking a language that is not one’s native language can be challenging, and I’m more than happy to help you with it. I can definitely help you with your English, and if there’s anything you’re unsure about, feel free to ask.” she gave her a reassuring smile, “Learning is a two-way street, so if you’re willing to help me with my Gaelic, I’d be delighted as well.”

Then the conversation switched to their respective backgrounds, showing genuine interest in Katrina’s home in Aviemore, Scotland. “Aviemore sounds lovely. I’ve been in the Highlands, but never to Aviemore. I’ve heard it’s incredibly picturesque though.”

Victoria could feel herself turn red a little too as she saw the effect a simple compliment had had on the girl. “And about your outfit, laundry day or not, it suits you perfectly. No need to be shy about it.” she looked Katrina in the eyes as she said that, a gentle smile on her face showing she was genuine in what she said.

She noticed her embarrassment relating English class, and Victoria gently placed her hand on Katrina’s for a brief moment, a subtle reassurance of support. Their eyes met, and in that shared understanding, Victoria silently communicated that she was there to help.

She then, a brief moment later, followed up using words, “As for English class, don’t be too hard on yourself. Grammar, spelling, and pronunciation can be tricky for anyone, especially when English isn’t your first language. If you ever need help or want some extra practice, feel free to reach out. I’m more than happy to assist you in your language learning journey.” she repeated once again. “We’re here to support each other, after all.” By responding in this manner, Victoria aimed to create a supportive and friendly atmosphere, one to show she was there to help Katrina, even if she was struggling in some moments. They were all here, on their own, no parents, and even if Victoria had maybe contributed to Katrina’s embarrassment, she wanted to help her wherever she could to make this a comfortable place for her.

@Bluecookies - Katrina

Aria found it a bit weird that Liv didn’t go into what she had said about Evelyn whatsoever, but she decided to ignore it and she returned the smile, her eyes reflecting the warmth of the moment reassuring their friendship. “I’m sure you will!” she said confidently, even if she had her own doubts about Victoria, she was quite certain Liv and Victoria would get along really well. “Good luck with the decorating! I’ll catch you later. Have a fantastic day!” She waved with a friendly demeanor as they parted ways.

Aria decided that maybe she should return to her room too. Even if she stayed in the same room as last year, and she didn’t need to do any decoration, there were still some articles that needed to be written, and some plans to be made for the school paper this year, something she proudly had been contributing to the previous year, and gotten a higher rank in for this year. More opportunities awaited her. In that moment however, a familiar face caught her attention.

She walked over to her Cal, someone she had already briefly spoken too the day before. She always enjoyed seeing more LGBTQ+ people, and Cal seemed to have an interesting story and the same activist nature as Aria had herself. They had briefly discussed possibly working on something together, and Aria was more than helping giving Cal a stage and a means to discuss matters that mattered to them possibly, if they could work things out. As she approached them, there was no direct contact, Cal seemed to be into something on their device, listening through their headphones. “Cal” she said their name, but that was not helpful either. So she gently tapped their shoulder, hoping that would make the contact.

@idiot.exe - Cal
@ChayChay05 - Liv (ending)

“Got it,” Owen replied, picking up on the hint of nervousness and surprise, not pressuring her to explain herself more, “I try to at least go on a walk every day, something about the fresh air really helps clearing the head” He looked at the park ahead of them as he spoke. It was something he sort of meant as advice for Lila, something that might be good for her to do as well, while saying it in a casual manner, relating it to himself only.

A little bit later, they reached the park. It luckily wasn’t that busy. “I know just the right place to sit”, he said, a smile on his face. He guided them to a nice bench, in a not too remote area, but that still felt somewhat secluded. He didn’t want to take her somewhere too private, in no means did he want to make her feel unsafe, yet he also wanted it to be private enough for her to feel comfortable talking. The bench was under a nice big tree, a view of a pond and the winding pathway. As he said down, Owen turned to her with a friendly smile, saying, “How about a little snack before we get to some talking? I have some crackers. I know crackers aren’t the best, but feel free to dig in if you’re interested.” His body language was open as he said so. He hoped she at least appreciate the gesture of him sharing the food he had on him right now.

4 Likes