St. Andrew’s Academy Official Thread

Chloe

I listen to her and nod my head. “Oh those can be pretty cool and nice” I smile at her. “Oh by the way I’m Chloe sorry I forgot to mention my name earlier”

@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I smile as I think about drawing and painting and all that stuff. Then she says her name and I realized I didn’t say mine either. I don’t usually really talk to people. I’m so shy normally. “I’m Camila, nice to meet you.” I smile at her, I was kinda nervous. “I’m a little nervous about being here.”

@Kate

2 Likes

“What don’t I know?” Eve looked around, checking for any preying ears or eyes…“Of course, I don’t mean to push you if it’s private. But I’m here if you need someone to talk to.” Evelyn was touched, she sighed before starting. Well, my brother is here this year but I… I think I’m not really supposed to… ‘bring him into my drama’ as mom suggested.” Eve let out a dry and humorless laugh. “And you heard about them sending me to live in North Carolina, right? With my aunt so I could ‘take a break’ and … touch grass.” Eve rolled her eyes. Touch grass. She tsked.

“I’m sorry to hear that. But I have to say, I’m glad you’re back as well,” Evelyn simply liked the sound of someone cooing to her whims. So she listened contentedly. “I have to say, the competition is my favorite part. I get to compare myself to the very best swimmers of this academy. It’s a great way to learn.” That perked Eve up just a bit. “You’re right, Hope. We’ll definitely crush this season. If Kendrie doesn’t get the need to be better than everyone, again. I can’t stand her sometimes. Anyways,” Evelyn and Hope walked into the auditorium, volume going from ten to one hundred real quick.

@idiot.exe • Hope • I just wanted to diss Kendrie a bit :sob:

1 Like

“What age can you drink in Italy Vince? I’m sure it has to be at least eighteen.” Vincenzo’s eyes narrowed, but a playful smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as he listened to Jayda’s words. He knew she was deliberately using his least preferred nickname, but he wasn’t one to let it faze him. Much. With a hint of mischief in his voice, he decided to respond, leaning back casually against the wall.

“Ah, cara mia(my darling), it seems your knowledge of Italian customs is as limited as ever. In Italy, we can rejoice in the sweet taste of vino as early as sixteen,” Vincenzo replied, his Italian accent rolling off his tongue effortlessly. "But remember, pata, il anatroccolo (duckling), drinking at such a tender age is mostly reserved for those special family occasions. But I must say… my first time was at ten….” He looked down at her, smiling at how bright her hair was. “Not to flex.” He chuckled.

He paused for a moment, a glimmer of nostalgia dancing in his eyes as he reminisced about his childhood in Italy. "In fact, I have fond memories of sitting at the family table, savoring the notes of our local wine, while Mama prepared the most mouthwatering feasts. It was a time of togetherness and celebration, something that transcends mere age restrictions. Can’t you relate?” He teased out, just prying.

Vincenzo’s voice softened, revealing a gentler side of him as he continued, “But here in America’s, it seems they prefer a more conservative approach. Twenty-one is the magic number for indulging in the pleasures of alcohol. Ah, yet another difference that reminds me how I’ve come to appreciate the blend of traditions. So weird though.”

He glanced at Jayda, his eyes sparkling with a devilish charm. "So, il anatroccolo, keep asking about my knowledge of Italian culture, remember that I am always ready to enlighten you, mio tesoro. It proves you care, you mushy wooshy.”[/center] Enzo cooed, as if he was speaking to a baby.

Kenneth felt a surge of both pride and a flicker of fluster as Rodney addressed him. He had always been somewhat self-conscious about his drawing attention, but this felt… fine. With a humble grin, he leaned casually against the nearby wall. “Yeah, sure,” Kenneth’s enthusiasm grew as he continued, recounting the early days of his parkour journey. It pretty much is my love of everything aerial. I’d leap over fences, scale walls, and flip off rooftops with ease. Some kids from my old school started calling me Birdie as a way of acknowledging that. It kind of stuck, and I’ve grown to love—like, it.” He shrugged.

@ChayChay05 •• love all of them :sob::heart:

2 Likes

I just listened to him. As he leaned against the wall I could sense his arrogance. I hated when he talked in Italian. I could only understand a little. Something’s I didn’t know. However if I could remember them later I always tend to look them up. I mean I gotta know what he is saying to me. I have realized that most of what he says is like my darling and stuff like that or close to that. I didn’t understand him. He was like flirty but condescending and mean at the same time. He drove me crazy in all honesty. “who says I care? Maybe I’m just trying to learn something new about another culture because I want to learn things.” I sigh and turn away from his gaze. “I mean come on Vince isn’t it fun to learn things about different cultures and customs? And who better to learn it from than someone from there?” I then turn back to him and smirk at him. He did usually get me rattled or worked up but I tried my best to not let it show.

I smiled and listened as he talked. I loved getting to know people. “oh that’s cool. I like to jump too. Well in basketball anyways.” I chuckle “so is this your first year here? I don’t remember seeing you last year.” I smiled as I leaned against the wall with him.

@Tina.G

2 Likes

Brex
Brex was trying so hard to force himself to the stupid welcome thing and not just turn around and say screw it he wasnt going. Honestly he was pretty tempted and if he knew no major consequences would come from skipping he would one hundred percent do it. He sighed loud and tugged on his sleeves. He may be nearly six months sober but that didnt mean that this agreement to be here instead of a rehab facility that his father had made with him was really any kind of win in his eyes. Brex whipped around when he heard someone’s voice and was honestly a bit shocked to see someone he knew with absolute certainty he did not know talking presumable to him. “Um the bloody hell can I help you with?” he asked not only a bit confused but slightly annoyed and intrigued at the same time. Annoyed because who the hell was this guy and intrigued because why was this guy talking to him so openly. “Bloody hell man you just wanted to talk about me tuning my guitar. If you found that impressive you should hear me play my base or my electric guitar and actually play something more than just my tuning of the cords.” Brex scoffed a little but also smirked a bit he took pride at having talent in music after all it was one of the only things he got from growing up how he did that usually wasnt frowned on.

@Jass (Sorry this is late I went to a drag show for my friend it was his first non armature performance)

Teo
Teo relaxed back into his seat a bit and tucked his pencil behind his ear. Abandoning his messy doodles in favor of trying to take the opportunity to make friends that literally almost just fell into his lap. Mateo heard the kid and shook his head. “Honestly not much you could mess up. Im no artist thats my sister I just was doodling to keep my hands and mind busy.” thats when Teo realized his hands were slightly shaking his tell that he was anxious. It was something he could hide well if he was doing something with his hand but just sitting here hands empty he was hopeless to hide it. The kid came off as kind of arrogant but Mateo could take it he didnt love that but maybe the kid wasnt really that way and it was just how they came off in first impressions. So Teo would give them the benefit of the doubt even if this potential arrogance bothered him some. “Mateo but you can call me Teo or Mateo honestly either.” he replied knocking his fist against the others. “Pronouns?” It was something Teo asked everyone new he met and sometimes people would get annoyed but honestly he asked hoping others would ask him back. It was easier now because he honestly passed really well but when that wasnt so much the case he always wanted to make sure his pronouns were respected but just saying them unprompted felt almost rude,

@Tina.G (Sorry this is late I went to a drag show for my friend it was his first non armature performance)

Killian
I just laughed a little as Leo too in all the glory that was this outfit that Kashel (older brother’s name) had put me in. It was far from something I ever would have picked out for myself. I wasnt always the most fashion forward but I tended to aim more for comfort out of my clothes. I also guess I couldnt complain much it wasnt like I had club or going out clothes really. “Yeah no Kashel did me kind of dirty my mum saw and she honestly didnt know what to say and you know that she is so opinionated that it is unheard of for her to be at a loss for words.” I say as I chuckle. “Jeans and a t shirt im not sure classifies as much of a style Leo it feels more like a simplicity related things.” I say shrugging

@ChayChay05 (Sorry this is late I went to a drag show for my friend it was his first non armature performance)

3 Likes

I smile at him. “well jeans and t-shirt is your style. It’s not like it’s always a plain white t-shirt. I mean your t-shirts say things and stuff. So yeah. It is a style still.” I smile at him. I nudge his shoulder playfully. And I point to two guys talking by the door both leaning on the wall. “one day… that will be you. Chilling and talking to your man.” I smile at him it was so obvious that he wanted a relationship. I wanted to find him one. Maybe I could find someone for him.

@bpalmer

3 Likes

Adrian laughed and put a hand on Lorenzo’s shoulder. "I know you did, he teased in a lighthearted manner. “Summer must’ve been so lonely without me.”

He almost forgot to answer Lorenzo’s question. “And yes, it’s nice to be back.”

Ironically, the academy had started to feel more like home than his family apartment. Staying there the entire summer felt suffocating, but he couldn’t say that. His personal struggles were none of Lorenzo’s concern, or anyone’s for that matter. Looking for minimal excuses to leave home and see his friends, excuses for skipping family dinner and avoiding questions about his grades, it was a constant battle without rest. He was always on edge, avoiding his parents as much as possible. And in the process, Hope as well. He couldn’t stand to hear how they’d praise her for everything, or how she’d boast about her swimming competition and getting to travel through Europe for tournaments.

Adrian sighed, feeling a weight on his chest. He grit his teeth for a moment, before letting out a loud laugh. “It was so eventful, didn’t you see my posts?” He took his phone out of his pocket, opening social media. Turning the phone towards his roommate, he scrolled through the photos he posted the entire summer.

Relaxing on a yacht, posing with a monument by the sea, or inside a mansion. There were so many photos to show. But something he kept secret, was that it was all fabricated. Using proper lighting and editing, he could make it seem like his summer was actually worth talking about. When in reality, it was dreadful.

“Jealous?” he laughed over his discomfort. He had to change the subject before pretending got too tiring. “How about you? Anything interesting?”

@ChayChay05 ⁠{✧} Lorenzo Perez

Outfit

1 Like

Hope began taking mental notes as Evelyn ranted. The way she spoke about her family, it seemed like they were dismissive of everything she’s gone through. Drama? It looked like more than that. Alongside that, being sent away to North Carolina seemed to bother her as well. “I see. That’s a lot of things at once…” she tightened her lips. “I’m assuming the trip wasn’t too fun?”

Her family problems aside, Hope was reminded of an… Unfortunate member of the swimming team. “You’re right, Hope. We’ll definitely crush this season. If Kendrie doesn’t get the need to be better than everyone, again. I can’t stand her sometimes." Evelyn said as they reached the door of the auditorium.

Ugh, Kendrie. She was truly something else. If it weren’t for her, Hope wouldn’t have any problem reaching the top of the class and getting more recognition for her skills. But since Kendrie was just as competitive, she was an obstacle. One that Hope worked tirelessly to surpass.

One thing she wouldn’t admit, though, she enjoyed the rivalry. But Eve didn’t need to know that.

“Right? I wish she weren’t so difficult.” Yes, she should’ve been more difficult. “I’m sure we’ll do great either way. I’ve been practicing a lot.”

As they entered the auditorium, Hope’s smile faded and was replaced by an expression of annoyance. It was already packed with people. Her eyes travelled across the seats, hoping to find Adrian in the crowd. But it was so full, she couldn’t tell anyone apart. Hope sighed, her eyes locking on two empty spots.

She looked back at Eve, “There?” she pointed at the seats

@Tina.G ✿⁠.⁠*⁠・~ Evelyn Bauer

Outfit

1 Like

“I mean come on Vince isn’t it fun to learn things about different cultures and customs? And who better to learn it from than someone from there?” She had him there. He definitely was a sucker for cultures, especially sharing his own. “Good to know you agree,” Enzo gave her a right smile. “You’ll have to teach me your American customs, il anatroccolo(duckling).” Enzo was always in limbo when summer break ended, readjusting to the states. They felt like two different worlds.

“Oh that’s cool. I like to jump too. Well in basketball anyways. … So is this your first year here? I don’t remember seeing you last year.” Birdie nodded, “Yeah, I’m new. Sophomore this year. It’s… really crazy. Switching schools and everything. But you’ve… this year two for you?” Ken asked

@ChayChay05 • can I have Ken steal from Rodney :sob::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

“Mateo but you can call me Teo or Mateo honestly either.” Phoenix nodded, glad that Teo was keeping up. Also, he passed the test. “Pronouns?” That got them to grin. “They/ them. And you?” This gave Phoenix some assurance, and they slouched in the chair just a bit. “That’s wicked, I love that you ask Teo.” Phoenix easily spoke to him, as if they had been friends for awhile. They glanced at Mateo’s hands, casually noted it. “Also, still better drawings than I could do. Therefore, artist. Show me, drawing a… llama.” Phoenix batted their eyes, not actually sure if they were selling it good enough to get someone to draw for them. In any other case, they would have asked if someone could draw them, but apparently people didn’t like being asked that. And frankly, Phoenix wasn’t in the ‘I can ask them to draw me because we know each other and make it super awkward if they declined’ stage. Totally didn’t know that from previous experiences.

@bpalmer • Mateo • No worries~ :sparkles:

2 Likes

I listened to him intently. After being roomed with him for the last 2 years I kinda knew a little bit more about him than he thought. I knew he was hiding something. Just wasn’t sure what it was. I decided to play along though. “no, I don’t see your post dude. I was too busy in Cali doing my you tube channel stuff and hanging with my friends back home and my ex.” I smiled at him as we approached the auditorium. “I mean maybe you can come this summer to Cali with me? Or maybe for a holiday.” I mean we’ve been friends for 2 years so why not.

@idiot.exe

I couldn’t help but giggle at him. I actually had him for a change. I smiled back as I thought of what to say next to him. I wasn’t sure why we were rivals but I did like our banter but at the same time… it made me wonder if. It couldn’t be. Could it? Like could we possible not hate each other? Could we possible like each other? I quickly shook that out my head. There was no way possible. As he leaned against the wall trying to tower over me by a whole inch all I could do was laugh at him. “who do you think you are Vince? Like why do you try to wind me up?” I asked him looking him directly in the eyes. I had never noticed before how his eyes could capture you and draw you in. His eyes were this beautiful mixture of green and brown with yellow specks. I was caught in a weird situation here. I couldn’t possible start liking this boy. I snapped out of it. I push him playfully “So Vince how many girls did you hook up with over the summer?” He always seemed to be the player, frat boy, hook up and leave them type. “like I know how you are and you can’t lie to me.” I smirk at him and wait for his response. He knew I was right too.

“yeah it’s my second year here. I’m on a basketball scholarship. I actually am from New Orleans, Louisiana. Where are you from?” I ask him with a smile as we keep talking and slowly getting to know each other. This was nice. Honestly he was pretty cute and I was kinda feeling him. He intrigued me and had my attention for sure.

@Tina.G

2 Likes

“Right, how’s your channel going by the way? I haven’t had much time to check it out recently.” He smiled, trying to ignore his thoughts. The past is behind him, he tried to tell himself.

“I mean maybe you can come this summer to Cali with me? Or maybe for a holiday.” Lorenzo offered as they approached the auditorium.

Adrian grinned hearing that. In an ideal world, he would’ve loved to go. But he knew his parents wouldn’t accept it. Even if he was free to make his own decisions, once he returned he’d be hearing their rants about missing holidays with the family. He just couldn’t escape.

He sighed, shrugging. “Sure! Sounds fun.” So what? He didn’t care anymore. “I’ve been meaning to go for a while.”

@ChayChay05 ⁠{✧} Lorenzo Perez

Outfit

2 Likes

I smile as I hear him. “my channel is going great actually. It’s always fun to do videos. Maybe you can be in one sometime.” I said as I thought about my channel. I needed new and better things for it. “it’s okay that you haven’t watched. No worries. And it would be so cool to have you out there in Cali. I mean the sun, the beach, the babes, the ocean. The sand. It’s so amazing. Well minus the wildfires of course.” I sighed as I thought back to how sometimes the cities fill with ashes from the wildfires and sometimes it seems so dark for days.

@idiot.exe

2 Likes

Sports weren’t really Aria’s thing. Well, that isn’t quite true, she enjoys practicing yoga, a short run or even some laps swimming from time to time, but often it was just postponed, leading into cancelling the plans altogether. She believed there were other more important matters for her to spend her time on. That didn’t take away however from her being supportive of her friends and people who cared about sports, her brother did, and most of her friends were decent athletes actually. She gave Liv a kind smile, “Sounds like you had a pretty active summer, especially with all that volleyball conditioning. I can imagine it keeps you busy! Spending time with family in Auckland sounds nice. My summer was good, thanks. Lots of reading and working on my blog.”

Aria quickly wanted to take the focus away again from her summer, it had probably been boring compared to everyone else’s. At times it bothered Aria to see how her friends here had all this access to fancy holidays, Aria didn’t come from money and at times it frustrated her, even if she felt blessed with the things she did have. She never blamed a person for being better off than her however, more so there was a lot of frustration about the system that kept inequalities in place. So to deflect from herself she ended with, “Anything exciting happen back home with your brother and sister?”

Owen paid careful attention towards Lila. He could notice something was occupying her mind, some thoughts distracted her. He was not sure what was going on in her brain, but Owen felt like she was struggling with something.
“Hey! Field hockey scholarship. That’s impressive, and super awesome!” His sister had told him time after time again how there were so many inequalities when it came to gender still, he had not seen many girls get at this academy on a sports scholarship. “Must be a blast being part of the team. As for me, I’m into basketball, just like my old man. Trying to live up to his legacy, you know? How’s the field hockey scene here? Exciting?”
He then took a small break before continuing to speak in a softer reassuring tone, “Lila, I couldn’t help but notice you seemed distracted, everything okay? Totally fair if you don’t want to, but I am here to talk.” Owen always wanted to see the people around him happy, and it this moment he strongly got the feeling something was bothering Lila. He just wanted to let her know if she needed it, he would be there for her.

@ChayChay05 - Lila

“Hey there! No need to get all worked up, mate.” Jasper flashed a friendly grin, but beneath the humor, there was a flicker of uncertainty in his eyes. “I just heard the guitar, and I thought, ‘Now that’s something.’ Didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers.”

As he spoke, Jasper’s animated gestures seemed a touch exaggerated, a subtle attempt to mask the unease he felt. He raised an eyebrow playfully, showing he was more amused than offended by Brex’s initial reaction. But if you looked closely, there was a hint of tension in his shoulders, a telltale sign of the internal struggle and touch of intimidation he felt in front of this guy.

“Base and electric guitar, huh?” Jasper’s eyes widened in genuine interest, though there was a slight hesitancy in his body language. He leaned slightly forward, trying to maintain an air of confidence. “That’s impressive. I’d love to hear you play for real sometime. What kind of music are you into?”

The tension lingered in the air, a silent dance between intimidation and bravado. Jasper’s laughter, while genuine, carried a subtle edge, revealing a struggle to navigate the unexpected encounter.

@bpalmer - Brex

2 Likes

I stood there listening to her. I smiled when she said thanks and told me a little about her summer. As she talked I thought about things back home. Then she asked about my brother and sister. I smiled. “well my sister got engaged, and my brother… well he got my sister’s best friend pregnant.” I giggled thinking back to how my sister reacted
when she heard the news. “my sister didn’t take the news so well about my brother knocking up her best friend. I mean my brother is 3 years younger than my sister. So she was confused on how her best friend could sleep with him I guess. I’m just glad I don’t have to worry about that kind of stuff.” I smile as I think mom and dad. I never really saw them much because they were always working on off on some trip. I was just glad I got to be here. And not back in Auckland with our au pair. She was mean and ugly to us, well me really. She didn’t have to watch after my brother and sister anymore. Just me and she hated it I swear. Summers weren’t really that fun, because she was always so mean that’s why I do my conditioning. So then I don’t have to deal with Peggy much. I was lost in thought.

-Aria

I smile shyly when he said that my field hockey scholarship was impressive. It made me feel good about myself. “I guess it’s nice. I don’t really talk to many of the girls, to be honest.” I said then continued listening. I didn’t know what it was like to live up to a legacy but I do imagine it would be hard. “that’s gotta be hard to live up to something. I hope it works out good for you. The field hockey scene, it’s pretty cool I guess. I just like it because it the thing I’m best at. Plus getting to hit people is fun too.” I giggle slightly. Then I heard him say how I was distracted and stuff. My mind started racing again. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. I froze. I stood there and just looked towards the ground. Could I really talk to him. Could I really trust him. Could I tell him things nobody knows about me. I definitely couldn’t talk here with all these people around. I then looked at him. [color=red] “Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. Maybe when we aren’t surrounded by so many people we can talk more about things.”

@Jass Owen

2 Likes

Killian
“That is true I do agree that I like this a bit more than I do the outfit Kashel put me in. He dresses in stuff more like that I mean it was all from his closet accept for my shoes but he pulls it off better.” I say as I giggle and nudge him back but look over to where he had pointed. The two guys standing there honestly were so enraptured in the conversion they were having it was kind of cute to watch. “Oh you have high hopes for me Leo.” I say as I roll my eyes and smile at him a little. “Well enough about my failure of a dating life. How have you been doing with your football?”
@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I sat there listening and smiling as he talked. Then he asked me about football. Practice started in two days. I was kinda excited for it if I’m honest. “football is good. I’m really excited for this year. I mean I’m the starting quarterback. So it will be so exciting and awesome. Well as long as we are winning. You’re coming to my games right? You are the best cheerleader.” I chuckle and nudge him. He always tried to my games and when he did we would win. He didn’t miss many home games that’s the only ones we would lose though was the home games he wasn’t at. “you gotta come to all the home games since it’s my last season.” I smiled at him. I wondered when the headmaster would make her speech. I was ready to have some fun and tell everyone about the party.

@bpalmer

2 Likes

Chloe
As we were standing outside of the auditorium I noticed that she was kinda small. I mean I was of average height or so, so Camila was not much smaller than me but I could tell she was short. She also had a nice smile on her. “Really you are? Why?” I ask her. “I’m happy i’m here I don’t need to deal with my parents and the pressure they put on me and my sisters”.

@ChayChay05

2 Likes

Shiloh

“You think I liked it?” She makes a disgusted face “Oh I see, girls fake it with you. What makes them want you, promising to do their homework? Becuase it can’t be your looks. Trust me if you were at all handsome or charming enough to do my job, you wouldn’t be behind the camera, hiding your face.” She turned to him. “You can be in my next few photos with me and check how unsuitable you are, when you see your face next to mine.” This was a way of teasing him, but honestly she always thought it was a shame how he captures so many things with his camera, but never made an autoportrait, becuase his smile should be captured on camera. She has a plan on how she should attempt to make him smile right as the camera captures it, but she doesn’t know how to convince him to step into the camera lighting with her withouth him thinking she’s mellowed out, so she did it this way, teasing him to do it. But right now that wasn’t as important. Knowing they can’t be late to assembly becuase they were too busy teasing each other outside of the doors, she said "Shall we? letting him know that it’s late and they should be in assembly by now. She oppens the door and walks in, but holds the door open for him after she enters.

@ChayChay05

3 Likes