St. Andrew’s Academy Official Thread

“I mean come on Vince isn’t it fun to learn things about different cultures and customs? And who better to learn it from than someone from there?” She had him there. He definitely was a sucker for cultures, especially sharing his own. “Good to know you agree,” Enzo gave her a right smile. “You’ll have to teach me your American customs, il anatroccolo(duckling).” Enzo was always in limbo when summer break ended, readjusting to the states. They felt like two different worlds.

“Oh that’s cool. I like to jump too. Well in basketball anyways. … So is this your first year here? I don’t remember seeing you last year.” Birdie nodded, “Yeah, I’m new. Sophomore this year. It’s… really crazy. Switching schools and everything. But you’ve… this year two for you?” Ken asked

@ChayChay05 • can I have Ken steal from Rodney :sob::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

“Mateo but you can call me Teo or Mateo honestly either.” Phoenix nodded, glad that Teo was keeping up. Also, he passed the test. “Pronouns?” That got them to grin. “They/ them. And you?” This gave Phoenix some assurance, and they slouched in the chair just a bit. “That’s wicked, I love that you ask Teo.” Phoenix easily spoke to him, as if they had been friends for awhile. They glanced at Mateo’s hands, casually noted it. “Also, still better drawings than I could do. Therefore, artist. Show me, drawing a… llama.” Phoenix batted their eyes, not actually sure if they were selling it good enough to get someone to draw for them. In any other case, they would have asked if someone could draw them, but apparently people didn’t like being asked that. And frankly, Phoenix wasn’t in the ‘I can ask them to draw me because we know each other and make it super awkward if they declined’ stage. Totally didn’t know that from previous experiences.

@bpalmer • Mateo • No worries~ :sparkles:

2 Likes

I listened to him intently. After being roomed with him for the last 2 years I kinda knew a little bit more about him than he thought. I knew he was hiding something. Just wasn’t sure what it was. I decided to play along though. “no, I don’t see your post dude. I was too busy in Cali doing my you tube channel stuff and hanging with my friends back home and my ex.” I smiled at him as we approached the auditorium. “I mean maybe you can come this summer to Cali with me? Or maybe for a holiday.” I mean we’ve been friends for 2 years so why not.

@idiot.exe

I couldn’t help but giggle at him. I actually had him for a change. I smiled back as I thought of what to say next to him. I wasn’t sure why we were rivals but I did like our banter but at the same time… it made me wonder if. It couldn’t be. Could it? Like could we possible not hate each other? Could we possible like each other? I quickly shook that out my head. There was no way possible. As he leaned against the wall trying to tower over me by a whole inch all I could do was laugh at him. “who do you think you are Vince? Like why do you try to wind me up?” I asked him looking him directly in the eyes. I had never noticed before how his eyes could capture you and draw you in. His eyes were this beautiful mixture of green and brown with yellow specks. I was caught in a weird situation here. I couldn’t possible start liking this boy. I snapped out of it. I push him playfully “So Vince how many girls did you hook up with over the summer?” He always seemed to be the player, frat boy, hook up and leave them type. “like I know how you are and you can’t lie to me.” I smirk at him and wait for his response. He knew I was right too.

“yeah it’s my second year here. I’m on a basketball scholarship. I actually am from New Orleans, Louisiana. Where are you from?” I ask him with a smile as we keep talking and slowly getting to know each other. This was nice. Honestly he was pretty cute and I was kinda feeling him. He intrigued me and had my attention for sure.

@Tina.G

2 Likes

“Right, how’s your channel going by the way? I haven’t had much time to check it out recently.” He smiled, trying to ignore his thoughts. The past is behind him, he tried to tell himself.

“I mean maybe you can come this summer to Cali with me? Or maybe for a holiday.” Lorenzo offered as they approached the auditorium.

Adrian grinned hearing that. In an ideal world, he would’ve loved to go. But he knew his parents wouldn’t accept it. Even if he was free to make his own decisions, once he returned he’d be hearing their rants about missing holidays with the family. He just couldn’t escape.

He sighed, shrugging. “Sure! Sounds fun.” So what? He didn’t care anymore. “I’ve been meaning to go for a while.”

@ChayChay05 ⁠{✧} Lorenzo Perez

Outfit

2 Likes

I smile as I hear him. “my channel is going great actually. It’s always fun to do videos. Maybe you can be in one sometime.” I said as I thought about my channel. I needed new and better things for it. “it’s okay that you haven’t watched. No worries. And it would be so cool to have you out there in Cali. I mean the sun, the beach, the babes, the ocean. The sand. It’s so amazing. Well minus the wildfires of course.” I sighed as I thought back to how sometimes the cities fill with ashes from the wildfires and sometimes it seems so dark for days.

@idiot.exe

2 Likes

Sports weren’t really Aria’s thing. Well, that isn’t quite true, she enjoys practicing yoga, a short run or even some laps swimming from time to time, but often it was just postponed, leading into cancelling the plans altogether. She believed there were other more important matters for her to spend her time on. That didn’t take away however from her being supportive of her friends and people who cared about sports, her brother did, and most of her friends were decent athletes actually. She gave Liv a kind smile, “Sounds like you had a pretty active summer, especially with all that volleyball conditioning. I can imagine it keeps you busy! Spending time with family in Auckland sounds nice. My summer was good, thanks. Lots of reading and working on my blog.”

Aria quickly wanted to take the focus away again from her summer, it had probably been boring compared to everyone else’s. At times it bothered Aria to see how her friends here had all this access to fancy holidays, Aria didn’t come from money and at times it frustrated her, even if she felt blessed with the things she did have. She never blamed a person for being better off than her however, more so there was a lot of frustration about the system that kept inequalities in place. So to deflect from herself she ended with, “Anything exciting happen back home with your brother and sister?”

Owen paid careful attention towards Lila. He could notice something was occupying her mind, some thoughts distracted her. He was not sure what was going on in her brain, but Owen felt like she was struggling with something.
“Hey! Field hockey scholarship. That’s impressive, and super awesome!” His sister had told him time after time again how there were so many inequalities when it came to gender still, he had not seen many girls get at this academy on a sports scholarship. “Must be a blast being part of the team. As for me, I’m into basketball, just like my old man. Trying to live up to his legacy, you know? How’s the field hockey scene here? Exciting?”
He then took a small break before continuing to speak in a softer reassuring tone, “Lila, I couldn’t help but notice you seemed distracted, everything okay? Totally fair if you don’t want to, but I am here to talk.” Owen always wanted to see the people around him happy, and it this moment he strongly got the feeling something was bothering Lila. He just wanted to let her know if she needed it, he would be there for her.

@ChayChay05 - Lila

“Hey there! No need to get all worked up, mate.” Jasper flashed a friendly grin, but beneath the humor, there was a flicker of uncertainty in his eyes. “I just heard the guitar, and I thought, ‘Now that’s something.’ Didn’t mean to ruffle your feathers.”

As he spoke, Jasper’s animated gestures seemed a touch exaggerated, a subtle attempt to mask the unease he felt. He raised an eyebrow playfully, showing he was more amused than offended by Brex’s initial reaction. But if you looked closely, there was a hint of tension in his shoulders, a telltale sign of the internal struggle and touch of intimidation he felt in front of this guy.

“Base and electric guitar, huh?” Jasper’s eyes widened in genuine interest, though there was a slight hesitancy in his body language. He leaned slightly forward, trying to maintain an air of confidence. “That’s impressive. I’d love to hear you play for real sometime. What kind of music are you into?”

The tension lingered in the air, a silent dance between intimidation and bravado. Jasper’s laughter, while genuine, carried a subtle edge, revealing a struggle to navigate the unexpected encounter.

@bpalmer - Brex

2 Likes

I stood there listening to her. I smiled when she said thanks and told me a little about her summer. As she talked I thought about things back home. Then she asked about my brother and sister. I smiled. “well my sister got engaged, and my brother… well he got my sister’s best friend pregnant.” I giggled thinking back to how my sister reacted
when she heard the news. “my sister didn’t take the news so well about my brother knocking up her best friend. I mean my brother is 3 years younger than my sister. So she was confused on how her best friend could sleep with him I guess. I’m just glad I don’t have to worry about that kind of stuff.” I smile as I think mom and dad. I never really saw them much because they were always working on off on some trip. I was just glad I got to be here. And not back in Auckland with our au pair. She was mean and ugly to us, well me really. She didn’t have to watch after my brother and sister anymore. Just me and she hated it I swear. Summers weren’t really that fun, because she was always so mean that’s why I do my conditioning. So then I don’t have to deal with Peggy much. I was lost in thought.

-Aria

I smile shyly when he said that my field hockey scholarship was impressive. It made me feel good about myself. “I guess it’s nice. I don’t really talk to many of the girls, to be honest.” I said then continued listening. I didn’t know what it was like to live up to a legacy but I do imagine it would be hard. “that’s gotta be hard to live up to something. I hope it works out good for you. The field hockey scene, it’s pretty cool I guess. I just like it because it the thing I’m best at. Plus getting to hit people is fun too.” I giggle slightly. Then I heard him say how I was distracted and stuff. My mind started racing again. I didn’t know what to say, I didn’t know what to do. I froze. I stood there and just looked towards the ground. Could I really talk to him. Could I really trust him. Could I tell him things nobody knows about me. I definitely couldn’t talk here with all these people around. I then looked at him. [color=red] “Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. Maybe when we aren’t surrounded by so many people we can talk more about things.”

@Jass Owen

2 Likes

Killian
“That is true I do agree that I like this a bit more than I do the outfit Kashel put me in. He dresses in stuff more like that I mean it was all from his closet accept for my shoes but he pulls it off better.” I say as I giggle and nudge him back but look over to where he had pointed. The two guys standing there honestly were so enraptured in the conversion they were having it was kind of cute to watch. “Oh you have high hopes for me Leo.” I say as I roll my eyes and smile at him a little. “Well enough about my failure of a dating life. How have you been doing with your football?”
@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I sat there listening and smiling as he talked. Then he asked me about football. Practice started in two days. I was kinda excited for it if I’m honest. “football is good. I’m really excited for this year. I mean I’m the starting quarterback. So it will be so exciting and awesome. Well as long as we are winning. You’re coming to my games right? You are the best cheerleader.” I chuckle and nudge him. He always tried to my games and when he did we would win. He didn’t miss many home games that’s the only ones we would lose though was the home games he wasn’t at. “you gotta come to all the home games since it’s my last season.” I smiled at him. I wondered when the headmaster would make her speech. I was ready to have some fun and tell everyone about the party.

@bpalmer

2 Likes

Chloe
As we were standing outside of the auditorium I noticed that she was kinda small. I mean I was of average height or so, so Camila was not much smaller than me but I could tell she was short. She also had a nice smile on her. “Really you are? Why?” I ask her. “I’m happy i’m here I don’t need to deal with my parents and the pressure they put on me and my sisters”.

@ChayChay05

2 Likes

Shiloh

“You think I liked it?” She makes a disgusted face “Oh I see, girls fake it with you. What makes them want you, promising to do their homework? Becuase it can’t be your looks. Trust me if you were at all handsome or charming enough to do my job, you wouldn’t be behind the camera, hiding your face.” She turned to him. “You can be in my next few photos with me and check how unsuitable you are, when you see your face next to mine.” This was a way of teasing him, but honestly she always thought it was a shame how he captures so many things with his camera, but never made an autoportrait, becuase his smile should be captured on camera. She has a plan on how she should attempt to make him smile right as the camera captures it, but she doesn’t know how to convince him to step into the camera lighting with her withouth him thinking she’s mellowed out, so she did it this way, teasing him to do it. But right now that wasn’t as important. Knowing they can’t be late to assembly becuase they were too busy teasing each other outside of the doors, she said "Shall we? letting him know that it’s late and they should be in assembly by now. She oppens the door and walks in, but holds the door open for him after she enters.

@ChayChay05

3 Likes

“Sure. I might even get you more fans, especially girls,” Adrian joked. He’s heard Lorenzo mention wanting a girlfriend before, even enrolling in the academy for the same reason. It baffled Adrian. “Kidding. But seriously, I’m in.”

When Lorenzo described California, Adrian vividly pictured the scene. It was a bittersweet feeling, the smell of the ocean and warm summer rays on his skin - something he hasn’t experienced in a long time. The wildfires is something he’d rather not imagine. "I’d go now if I could, Adrian spoke as they reached the auditorium door. “We have to be stuck in school, though.”

@ChayChay05 ⁠{✧} Lorenzo Perez

Outfit

2 Likes

Mateo
Teo nodded and smiled when Phoenix replied with they them pronouns were what they used. That was good to know and he filed it away so he alway knew that about Phoenix. “I use he him.” He replied nodding and smiling wide. “Identify as? I mean if you dont mind sharing? You non binary?” Teo fiddled with with his pencil as they talked and laughed a when Phoenix asked them to draw. “I ask pronounds because im trans masculine and didnt always pass.” He says shrugging. “Nope artist is my sister Cam she is here on an art scholarship im here for sports.” He admitted as he handed Phoenix a pencil and moved the paper between them. “Show me your best llama because im mine is going to look like a blob witn eyes.” he giggles as he draws a really bad kind of stick figureish drawing of what maybe could if you squinted and left a lot of room for creative liberty could sort of be a llama.
@Tina.G

2 Likes

Aria listened to Liv thoughtfully, taking in her everything her friend said. “Oh, wow, that sounds like quite the summer back home. Congratulations to your sister on the engagement, that’s wonderful news!” Aria offered a warm smile. “And as for your brother… well, that’s certainly a twist. Family dynamics can be quite interesting, can’t they?” Aria chuckled softly, recognizing the complexities that can arise within families. She continued speaking in a calm and more serious way, “I hope everything settles down for them. It must be quite a mix of emotions for your sister, given the surprise. Family, right? Always keeps us on our toes.” she shook her head and then let out a little giggle as she said that.
Aria then raised an eyebrow, her thoughtful curiosity shining through as Liv said she was glad not having to worry about that type of stuff. However, she did not feel like prying too much in her business, yet, wanted to give Liv a way to continue discussing if she desired so. Aria expresses with a level of curiosity and openness, “I totally get that everyone has their own path and priorities when it comes to relationships. It’s interesting how different people navigate these things, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, living up to expectations can be a challenge. I get it. Sometimes it’s not easy connecting with everyone, especially when you have your focus on something you’re passionate about, like field hockey. But you never know, St. Andrew’s has a way of bringing people together in unexpected ways. Maybe you’ll find some cool connections along the way, on or off the field.” Owen gave her a friendly nod, acknowledging Lila’s perspective while also offering a positive outlook on potential connections at the school.
“And hey, hitting people does sound like a unique perk of the sport!” he offered a subtle chuckle. He appreciated how Lila had showed such a honesty about her interest with him.
As Owen noticed her reaction to him saying he was there for her if she needed it, it confirmed his suspicion about something being wrong. He decided however, that being lowkey about it, not putting to much pressure on it just keeping things casual would be the best.
“Absolutely, Lila.” his voice soft and kind as he spoke, “I’d like that. Whenever you’re ready or whenever there’s a quieter moment, feel free to find me. I’m always up for a chat about anything, whether it’s about school, hobbies, things that are bothering you, or just life in general. Looking forward to getting to know you better!” Owen offered a friendly smile, expressing his openness to future conversations and building a connection with Lila.

@ChayChay05 - Lila

2 Likes

Brex hadn’t exactly meant to come off as worked up he was more shocked but he knew his voice often carried an annoyed or even angry tone. He just went with it though there was no fixing it and the other kid honestly didnt seem too phased. Brex pushed his hair out of his eyes a little so he could get a better look at the guy. “No feathers ruffled man just didnt know where you came from and that you were even there.” he admitted with a shrug and tugged his sleeves further down again.

Brex could tell this kid was on edge but not trying to show it. But little did he know Brex was nervous and trying to hide a lot even beyond his nerves right now. He reached to his neck and ran his fingers over the st Jude pendant around his neck. It was his mom’s he didnt have much for memories of her but his necklace she gave him always calmed him.

“Yeah my dads a rock musician and he raised me pretty much always with the band. I mean i can play more instruments but base is my favorite and electric guitar is close behind.” he said with a shrug as he closed his fist digging his nails into his palms. He tried to make sure he looked bored and let his hair fall back in his face. “I play often so im sure you will hear me but if you want a bloody concert we could talk about some songs. You play anything?” Brex asked getting his nerve back and leaning into the other guy’s space a bit more.

@Jass

1 Like

I smiled at her. “yes I am. I mean I’ve never been…” I pause for a minute as I think of the right words. “I’ve never been out of Texas before now, and being in a new place where you don’t know anyone and don’t really like talking to people first is kinda hard.” I admit to her a little self conscious. “are your parents hard on you?” I ask actually curious. I mean my mom didn’t really care too much for my brother and I since she had Diego. I mean like she was happy we got these scholarships and shipped off to school.

@Kate

FinnForChay

I listened as she talked. My mind started racing. What is she talking about I “can step into the photo and see how unsuitable I am” That is so rude. Why would you even say that to someone. I just decide to keep a smile on my face and not let her know how that hurt my feelings. I didn’t even get a chance to respond before she said “shall we.” I followed her into the doors. “Thanks.” I said as we walked through the doors. “care to sit with me? I mean we can talk still then till she speaks.” I look at her for her response. Truth be told… I’ve always thought she was beautiful. However I always felt out of her league. “You do know I stay behind the camera for a reason right? Like I take the pictures because I don’t like to be in them.” I said as I wait for her to talk.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

I smiled at him as we reached the doors. “Yeah dude, but at least we are stuck here together, and hey we will get to Cali together.” I chuckle as I think about the first thing he said. “and of course you’ll get me some hot girl followers. They will just love your face dude.”

@idiot.exe

I listened as she talked. I smiled and nodded at her. I waited for her to finish before responding. “Well, to be honest, it was a crazy twist for sure. However my sister knew they were kinda dating so I wasn’t sure why she was so upset.” I let out a giggle. I mean her friend was hot. If I wasn’t so much younger I would try to get with her. “yes family can be trying, and difficult. However in the end family is all you got right?” I look over and smile at her. Now the last part was gonna be a little tougher for me but I thought for a moment before touching that part. “it is interesting and crazy how everyone navigates their relationships. I mean there are reasoning behind me being a lesbian. I just never talk about them to be honest. I mean I’m an out and proud lesbian, but I honestly don’t think that anyone knows what caused me to be that way or why I am. Some say it’s just the way you’re born, but honestly… for some it is that, and for others things happen that push them into a sexuality. Or at least that’s what happened to me.” I say as I shrug and try not to think about what happened. I hadn’t found anyone I could trust to tell them the story yet. However maybe. Just maybe I could trust Aria.

@Jass -Aria

As I listened to him talk I started to feel a little relaxed. I actually even think that I cracked a little smile for him. I never felt that way around a guy to be honest. I’ve always been scared and frightened to talk to or even be around a guy. Owen was definitely different though. I wasn’t sure what it was about him, but I almost felt safe when I was with him. I’ve never felt that before a day in my life. Especially not back home in Michigan. I zoned out thinking about Michigan and the things that happened. I didn’t even have friends there. I wasn’t allowed to talk to anyone unless my dad said I could. I wasn’t even allowed out the house except to go places he wanted me to go. That house. That place. It felt like… it felt like a death sentence. As I stood in front of Owen thinking all of this; I just hoped the fear wasn’t showing in my eyes. Usually when I think about it all people could see the fear in my eyes. My dad would get so mad at me about that. That he would hit me. I then got very cautious of where I was and stuff and snapped out of it. I shook my head to get the thoughts out. I then began to speak “it is a unique part of the sport. I mean you tackle people in football though.” I let out a little giggle. Then quickly stopped myself. I wasn’t allowed to laugh back home. “the talking later thing. It sounds wonderful to be honest. It’s just that…” I sigh… Why did I feel the need to tell him. Like how could I possible be safe enough to tell anyone about my life back home. How could I even consider telling someone. Why did I feel safe with him. Could he really protect me? Could he help me in anyway? “Well do you have to go now? I mean… She isn’t starting her speech just yet is she?” I asked as I didn’t want this conversation to end yet. I honestly wanted to sneak off and have some alone, one on one time with Owen. It’s the same speech we hear every year. It’s not like she was gonna say anything different. I couldn’t ask him to ditch it. Could I? I mean would he? No, he wouldn’t want to be alone with someone like me. I thought as I said what I said. Then I decided to just say it. “can’t we just ditch it? I mean it’s the same speech every year.” I looked down at the ground but smiled slightly.

@Jass -Owen

3 Likes

Killian
I smiled i liked to listen to him talk about football he was always so passionate about it. I always came when i could because i liked to watch how happy he got at every point scored and honestly at tbis point i knew enough about the game to at least enjoy it a little just in general. “No way good job I know when we were talking at the end of the year last year you didnt know if you would be starting quarterback this year or not.” I was really excited for him he was such a good player and he wanted this so bad. “Yeah im coming to all the home games i would go to your away games but i cant drive so i dont know how i would get there.” I say as i gently bump my elbow into his. “I try to be the best cheerleader you have and you know that.” I liked to support him and honestly it was a good time to get to hang out with him after a big win. He was always on cloud nine after a big win.
@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I smile big as I hear him say he will come to all the home games. “really dude you will?” I say with excitement. That made me so happy to hear. I wasn’t sure why it made me so happy. “who knows maybe since I’m a senior coach will let me drive myself to the games, then you can come to the away games too.” I smile. Honestly he was the best friend I never thought I would be able to have. Back in England I didn’t really have friends. I had gang members from the gang I was in, but no friends. It was nice to have him and be able to count on him. He really did mean a lot to me. “So are you excited for our Senior year? And to be roommates again?” I smile at him as I nudge his elbow back.

@bpalmer

2 Likes

Killian
I smile when i see how excited he was. Honestly seeing him this happy was so sweet and cute. “I only missed one last year and its because i was sick so yes i plan to come to all of them Leo.” I say as i giggle a little. I really liked that it was easy to make him this happy especially because i like to make him happy. “I mean arent you like the captain of the team though. If i can find a way to get to the away games ill come but we will have to see. Maybe i could keep your stats or something?” I say as i think out loud about how i could manage to get to the away games. I really was happy to have him as a friend. I wasnt the most social before the accident and honestly it hadnt helped my confidence at all. I had honestly kind of expected when i showed up freshman year that i would still be kind of a loner here but i had wound up with Leo as my roommate and i dont know what it was about him but he knew how to pull me out of my shell right from the start and we had gotten super close. He was truly my bestfriend. “Im ready for senior year a little nervous but just beecause i need to get my applications into universities and tjat means i need to get my portfolio together since i want to go for art.” I smile at him. “Im super excited for another year of you as my roommate though because i dont know what i would do if you werent.”
@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I smile as he talks. His smile made me smile more to be honest. He didn’t seem to smile often but when he did it was the cutest one I’ve seen. “I know you will. And yes I am the captain. How about this?” I say as I come up with an idea for him to be able to come to the away games. I’m sure the coach wouldn’t mind either. “what if you are the water boy? Or like the equipment manager?” I couldn’t think of any other way he could ride with us on the bus. Or that I could drive us.

@bpalmer

2 Likes