St. Andrew’s Academy Official Thread

~

~

Yesterday, she had asked Coach Coltrane aka Colt to teach her self defense after her recent breakup of five years (even though she had really thought he was going to purpose). Sadie had just wanted to know she had her own back walking alone in the dark, and early hours of the day now that she didn’t have a man to protect her. She craved to feel safe in her own skin, and confident in her own abilities.

Sadie was quickly greeted by the sound of powerful punches reverberating through the air, filling her with a mix of apprehension and determination. She watched as Coach Coltrane, or Colt, unleashed his formidable strength on the dummy. Vinyl or leather clashed with great force, and frankly it was both an intimidating and awe-inspiring sight to behold.

Taking a deep breath, Sadie stepped forward, her eyes fixed on Colt as she approached. She couldn’t help but admire his raw power and unwavering dedication to this craft. He was the embodiment of strength and resilience, something she aspired to become. Sadie cleared her throat before calling out to him. “Hey, Colt! Sorry to interrupt, are you still up for giving me some self-defense lessons?”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond > Colt

1 Like

Shiloh

“As much as your parents might protest to using a phone in public …” In lieu of Victoria speaking so eloquently, Shiloh unintentionally picked up the fancy talk and kept talking more like Victoria. “If they asked you to send a message to somebody, like I did, they’d expect you to do it in front of them, and wouldn’t consider it impolite.”
Victoria tried making Shiloh feel less nervous about the tryouts, but the truth is that Shiloh wouldn’t have minded to thorw the practice so she could not get into the team, but now that she met Victoria when she is willing to participate and was so encouraged by Victoria’s excitement and self-confidence, that she’s worried her skills are not good enough even when she’s trying to get it.
“I’m not sure how positive the experience would be if I don’t get picked. I don’t know the first thing about the sport, all I know is that it’s one of sport my mother imagined I play. So you can see how I probably won’t get in, not knowing anything about it, detesting it becuase my mother likes it and not having any experience with it … Do you have any experience with this sport or any sport in general?”

@Jass - Victoria

The dummy was being punched with slow but strong hits from Coltrane for a few minutes already, when in the silence that was by now only broken by his hits, there was suddenly the clack of steps. He hoped it was Sadie since she was supposed to meet him, but he wasn’t facing her and couldn’t tell if it was her or not. Just as he was about to turn, she greeted him. The thing that struck him was the fact she called him Colt. He was about to protest, but he was stopped by realizing how he didn’t mind that name. He actually liked it, but he wasn’t about to tell her that. The only thing that he’ll let hint to the fact he doesn’t mind that accent is the fact he didn’t protest to it, unlike how he told her not to call him by his first name. “Welcome Miss. Rollins. I hope you’ll find this satisfactory. I have to ask though … Are you in any danger? Is there some fear that leads you to be on your guard more often? Or has something already happened and you want to keep from it happening again? I’m sorry for prying, but if you’re being harmed or if you have threats you believe to be real, I’m here to help and turn to.”
Let it be known, HE knew NOTHING about Sadie, but the way she engaged him, not wanting to go to professionals who might know more, he thought it was likely she was being hurt by a boyfriend or husband who might notice her paying for self defence and harm her worse. If that were the case he could help her make a case against whoever is abusing her. After all, he is no stranger to abuse and knows the best way to go about it.

@Tina.G - Sadie Rollins

2 Likes

“Ah, it seems you’ve caught onto the etiquette of polite society quite well,” Victoria remarked, a subtle smile gracing her lips. Her eyes reflected a blend of amusement and acknowledgment, appreciating Shiloh’s understanding of social nuances. “In essence, it’s about the context and expectation, isn’t it? If the situation demands it, then the act becomes less impolite and more a matter of necessity. Nevertheless, I cannot imagine my parents being pleased about it regardless.”

“It’s understandable to feel apprehensive about trying something new, especially if it’s not a personal passion. Your feelings are completely valid, Shiloh,” Victoria replied, her tone gentle and empathetic. “While I do have some experience with volleyball, I can assure you that everyone starts somewhere.” Her expression softened, radiating warmth and reassurance. “The most important aspect is your willingness to learn and give it your best effort. If you decide to pursue it, I have no doubt you’ll find support and guidance, as well as enjoyment, along the way. And if volleyball isn’t your calling, there are countless other avenues waiting to be explored.” She aimed to encourage Shiloh while also validating her feelings of uncertainty. “That said, if you want to give it your best effort, and you ever need any pointers or someone to practice with, I’d be more than happy to help and guide you through the basics.” She concluded with a gentle nod, indicating her sincerity and willingness to assist.

1 Like

“One second. I need to respond to this message. Then I’m all yours.” Eve only shrugged, she had all day.

"I didn’t think she would spread your business like that.” Evelyn’s brows furrowed as she processed Liv’s words. It was a lot to take in, and part of her wanted to dismiss Liv’s explanation as a feeble attempt at justification. She had been doing that months already, why stop now? But another part of her, a small part deep down, longed for closure and understanding. “So, you’re saying that Sally betrayed your trust and spread my secret without your consent?” Evelyn asked, her voice softening a little. She found herself wanting to believe Liv, to believe that maybe there was more to the story than she had originally thought.

Evelyn’s eyes flickered with a mix of emotions–hurt, anger, confusion–but, also a flicker of understanding. She could see the sincerity in Liv’s eyes, could feel the weight of her regret. The realization dawned on Evelyn that perhaps there was a shared pain between them, a common enemy in Sally’s betrayal. Taking another deep breath, Evelyn shifted her weight and let her guard down just a fraction. “I… I appreciate you telling me this, Liv,” she admitted, her voice still cautious but now tinged with a touch of vulnerability. “I was so angry at you… for so long. But if what you’re saying is true, then maybe I directed that anger at the wrong person.” At least, most of it. Evelyn wasn’t sure how to continue, so, she followed Mr H’s advice. Talk, listen, talk, listen. Repeat. So, she let Liv talk next.

@ChayChay05 > Liv > Ooohh :heart:

1 Like

~

~

I’m sorry for prying, but if you’re being harmed or if you have threats you believe to be real, I’m here to help and turn to.” Sadie nodded along as he spoke, understanding why he might think that. In reality, she didn’t have a threat in or on her life, other than being a woman. She was teacher, so of course she woke up early and often walked alone in the hours before the sun was up. She just wanted the ability and more importantly security of knowing she could handle it if something like that ever happened. She had been dumped by her safety against all the challenges a woman faces daily, walking in the dark had never been a fear when she had a man by her side. She didn’t want to be dependent anymore, she wanted to be able to face the world on her own without any fear in that area of her life.

“No, but thank you for the concern. In recent… events, I lost my, oh, honestly it’s embarrassing. I got dumped, and the guy used to be my, well, security pretty much. I got used to having someone being the big strong man she wobbled side to side a bit, in a sad attempt at being the ‘big strong man’, “in my life and stopped thinking about all the actual crap that comes with being a woman.” She shook her head, “I just want to not have to be scared of walking around alone at the butt crack of dawn. I don’t want to bristle and do a silent prayer every time some dipsh!t catcalls me or walks to close to me before the suns up. That’s all,” Internally, Sadie winced, on the outside, she just put her hands on her hips. “Sorry for catching you up on my current life, sometimes I go down rabbit holes, but the main point I was trying to say was no, I’m in no such predicament, and I also plan to prepare myself to stay out of one to the best of my abilities.” She gave a final sharp nod, as if to show the end of her sentence.

1 Like

FinnForChay

Finn smiled at Kayden. It was like six at night. So Finn was shocked he had just gotten up. “Yeah, I had a fun day too baby.” He smiled and kissed Kayden on the cheek. “Want to go to dinner together?” He asked a little nervous of what Kayden might say. He wasn’t even sure what was going on between him and Kayden. He just knew he was happy.

Kayden

Lorenzo smiled at Chloe. “Yeah, I haven’t been to the courts either really.” He said as he grabbed a ball. “I mean I am a busy man after all.” He chuckled and smiled as he shot the ball.

Chloe

Leo just listened. He wasn’t sure what to say. So many things coming to light like this was a lot to take in. “Okay. Got it Madi.” He said with a smile, He then looked to Killian. “Of course you told Kashel first.” He chuckled and kissed Killian on the cheek. He looked at Mdi “Nice dress Madi.” It was the one he bought her when they first met and came to the mall.

@Kate Madi Killian

Camila giggled. “Yeah, I get that Teo. I’m excited too” She said as they walked. She couldn’t wait to see the antique stores with all the cool looking older things. “I can’t believe I have come out of my shell honestly.” She said as they walked and talked.

Mateo

Braxton smiled at Ezra. “It’s all good. Yes I know you would have bugged me if you had a phone.” He chuckled as they started walking to town. “Yeah, That makes sense about the foster housing. At least you go into good homes lately.” He said with a smile. Then Ezra talked about the town. “No, I haven’t seen any of it. I came in form the other way in the cab.” He said with a smile as he thought about what all this town could have in it. They were still hand in hand.

@bpalmer Ezra

Lila smiled at Owen as well. She was the happiest she has ever been. “Yes the best choice.” Lila listened to Owen. She thought about what he said “I would like to go with you back to Chicago.” She blushed. She smiled as she he gently clasped her hand. She listened to his words, She was so happy he wanted to introduce her as his girlfriend. “I like that idea honestly. I think it would be sweet. I’m sure we would have a good time there. I would like to meet your family.” She said with a huge smile and blushing. She couldn’t believe she had a boyfriend. She actually had a boyfriend. If her dad knew this he would probably hurt her.

@Jass Owen

Theo listened to him. “I’m sure the cooks could print out a sheet for you. I mean I don’t see a problem with that. It’s easy and helps you, so I don’t see them not wanting to.” He said with a slight smile. He really loved helping the kids. It wasn’t only his job but his life’s mission. He had always cared for the underdogs in life and wanted to see them achieve great things.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond Robin

Liv took a deep breath after trying to explain to Eve what happened. Then Eve said “So, you’re saying that Sally betrayed your trust and spread my secret without your consent?” Liv was not understanding why Eve didn’t believe her. “Yes, Sally betrayed my trust, and that’s why you haven’t seen me with her. It didn’t take me long to figure out since she was the only person I told.” Liv wanted to tell Eve why she told Sally. However she was scared to. Did I still have feelings for Eve? Will we be able to be friends again? That and so much more was running through Liv’s head as this conversation went on.

Liv listened to Eve’s words. “I… I appreciate you telling me this, Liv, I was so angry at you… for so long. But if what you’re saying is true, then maybe I directed that anger at the wrong person.” Liv took a breath. She hadn’t even realized she had been holding her breath. “I understand you being angry. It is true. Evelyn Millie Bauer. I have never lied to you. So why would I start now? You were my best friend. Yes I would tell you most things. However there was one thing I didn’t and couldn’t tell you at the time that you told me your secret. I went to Sally for advice about something. In getting that advice I told her something. She figured out it was you. So after I left her she apparently went and told everyone.” She sighed. She almost hated herself for Evelyn. She looked into Eve’s eyes. How could she possibly tell Eve about her feelings for her back then. She was scared they would come flooding back.

@Tina.G

2 Likes

Owen’s heart skipped a beat as Lila expressed her willingness to accompany him to Chicago and meet his family. “That’s fantastic!” Owen exclaimed, a hint of excitement in his voice. “I’ve been looking forward to showing you around and introducing you to everyone. I think you’ll really hit it off with them,” he added, his eyes bright with anticipation. The idea of having Lila by his side in Chicago filled him with happiness.

Owen paused for a moment, a more contemplative look crossing his face. “I’m really glad you’re open to it, Lila,” he said, his tone sincere. “Visiting Chicago and meeting my family is a big step, and I want to make sure you’re comfortable with it.” he assured her, wanting to ensure she didn’t feel pressured into anything.

As he spoke, Owen’s thoughts drifted to the prospect of introducing Lila to his family, envisioning the warmth and acceptance they would extend to her. He imagined their shared laughter, the stories they would exchange, and the genuine connections that would undoubtedly form.

“But I’m sure it’ll be great,” he continued, his tone brimming with confidence once again. “You’ll see, my family is going to adore you just as much as I do.” Owen’s heart swelled with affection as he met Lila’s eyes, grateful for the opportunity to deepen their bond and to integrate her into his world. He leaned in, planting a soft kiss on her cheek, filled with anticipation for their future together.

That small gesture of the kiss on her cheek made Owen want to kiss her for real, but the setting of the restaurant wasn’t quite the right place. By this time, they had mostly finished the food so Owen said, “What do you say, let’s get out of here?” He then whispered in her ear, “Cause I can’t wait to have our first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend, and I know just the place to do that if you’re up for it.” He gave her a small smirk as he leaned back again. He had an exciting idea how to make these memories last, and it would be a great way to finish up their date.

@ChayChay05 - Lila

When Koda said they’d be loud enough to get the cops’ attention, Roux laughed. “Wanna bet how long it’s gonna take for us to get thrown out?” she asked in a joking tone. Though she was far from kidding.

Roux stopped and scanned her surroundings, looking for a potential place to visit. She turned to her friends. “Well, where to first?”

@Kate :star: Koda Gambino
@ChayChay05 :star: Piper Fitzgerald

I didn’t have much to work with :sob:

Outfit

Shiloh

Shiloh blused and waves her hand down at Victoria’s remark about catching the etiguette of polite society. “Oh stop.” She didn’t think her compliment was true, so she took it as flattery.
When she said Your feelings are completely valid, Shiloh. She could hear nothing else. She wanted to hear that words for so long. She remebered how Finn would be nice to her later on in their rivalry, but she never appreciated it because she always saw him as a rival … But even he never told her something she so wanted to hear from somebody. As they reached the dorm, Shiloh set teh box down to open the door. “You know, I really feel less confident knowing you have expereince. I would be very happy if you could help me with the basics.” She said as she opened the door just a crack. “My roomate might be in, we won’t bother her if she’s in just put the things in the room and leave.”

@ChayChay05 (is Camilla in the room?) - but also Finn mentioned
@Jass - Victoria

He was relieved to hear she wasn’t in any abusive situation or in any ‘real’ danger. She had every reason to worry though, knowing how often women get attacked, especially now and in this country.
When she mentioned she was dumped and now that she’s alone she doesn’t feel safe outside anymore, he made an assumption her ex partner was big enough or looked strong enough to make her feel safe. And then he remebered how big of a man his father was an how unsafe he felt around him.
“Trust me, you don’t want to find yourself in the company of the wrong ‘big strong man’. But I understand your strateg. Better safe than sorry, and considering the state of this country, there’s a big change you’d be sorry. However, I still wonder why it is you chose me, since I’m not licensed to do this and can only give you very basic knowledge and not enough to account for your ex not being there anymore. Would you like to instead go through some basic training aimed to grow your strength today and then I’ll give you the number of a self defense trainer who I believe to be the best for your predicament. If you preffer to stick with me, that’s fine, just bare in mind I don’t have much time and you won’t be able to meet me every day for this.”

@Tina.G - Sadie

1 Like

RobinBöhm

“Thank you Mr. Halstead.” Robin rewarded him with a grateful smile. He didn’t think the faculty would be this cooperative. “Now that’s settled, is there something else you need me for?” Robin asked.

@ChayChay05 - Sorry didn’t know what else I could write

1 Like

Greer snorted, shaking their head. ”Oh, Jesus. Whatever you’ve heard of America from pop culture, I can assure you, the reality is so much worse. Hold on, because you’re in for the ride of your life. I loose brain cells every day from the people around me. Common sense definitely isn’t common here, and I’m one of those cases. I consider myself relatively smart, though. At least I have enough sense not to eat a Tide pod or straight cinnamon. Look that up, because I’m not explaining.” Greer nodded, taking their phone back. ”I use Facebook, but why don’t we just exchange numbers? That’ll be way easier.” They said, rattling off their phone number for Cal. When asked if they should know anything else for Greer’s panic attacks, Greer shook their head. ”Not that I can remember. If I think of anything, I’ll let you know.” They shrugged. ”I really don’t mind listening to your problems, but if you don’t want to burden me, I definitely won’t force you.”
@idiot.exe - Cal

2 Likes

“Your humility is commendable, Shiloh,” Victoria replied with a gentle smile, acknowledging Shiloh’s modesty. She recognized Shiloh’s tendency to downplay compliments, sensing a hint of discomfort in the face of praise. “Yet, I assure you, your grasp of social decorum is quite evident.”

As Shiloh expressed her feelings of confidence, or lack thereof, in comparison to Victoria’s experience, Victoria listened carefully. “Oh, Shiloh, there’s no need to feel less confident,” Victoria replied, her tone gentle and understanding. She recognized Shiloh’s vulnerability in admitting her insecurities, and she aimed to offer reassurance. “It’s natural to feel a bit apprehensive when starting something new, especially with the knowledge that others have more experience. However, please know that your journey is unique, and we all have to start somewhere.”

Victoria’s words carried a sense of empathy and encouragement, aimed at lifting Shiloh’s spirits and bolstering her confidence. She understood the importance of support and guidance, especially when venturing into unfamiliar territory.

“I would be delighted to help you with the basics of volleyball,” Victoria continued, her voice warm and supportive. “Together, we can work through the fundamentals and build your skills at a pace that feels comfortable for you. Remember, every step forward is a victory in itself, and I’ll be here to support you every step of the way.”

As they approached Shiloh’s dorm, Victoria nodded in understanding. “Certainly, let’s be mindful of your roommate,” she agreed, respecting Shiloh’s consideration for her living arrangements. Her demeanor remained composed yet accommodating, ready to assist Shiloh in whatever way she needed. She then followed Shiloh into the room, which turned out to be empty. After putting the stuff in the room, Victoria said, “Ah, I must say, that wasn’t so bad doing it together, was it?” Victoria remarked with a light chuckle, gesturing towards the now arranged items. “But I believe we’ve still earned ourselves that coffee after all, ready to go” She gave Shiloh a warm smile as she talked.

1 Like

Izzy seemed to play along with his joke, responding in a light manner. As she called herself the real style icon, Adrian pulled his sunglasses down to his nose bridge. A pause followed as he looked up and down her outfit in disbelief. The paint stains stood out against her outfit, almost making his eyes burn. Just the imperfection and carelessness in her image, he couldn’t stand it. But he knew he had to keep the conversation friendly. Adrian raised a brow playfully, looking into her eyes with doubt. “Oh, really?” he asked, a smile forming at the corner of his lips. And shortly after he burst out laughing. “Please, you have to teach me your ways, great master! How can I ever reach your level of skill?” he teased back.

Yet despite the small deflection from the topic, Izzy’s concern wouldn’t fade. Adrian looked away while she reassured him. His laughing began to die down as he strained to keep his smile. Though he’d always wanted someone to show concern, just the thought of opening up about his feelings was unbearable. He felt backed into a corner, her eyes on him and anticipating a response.

“Yes, yes. I appreciate it, really,” he sighed. Maybe a lie would pass. “Well, there is something on my mind, I guess. But it’s not as serious as you think. I’ll tell you, though, since we’re… Friends.” Friends was an odd way to put things, considering how one sided it seemed. He looked up at her, his hands firmly holding onto the edge of the bench. “I guess I miss the summer. I didn’t feel like going back to class so soon, know what I mean? There were so many places I wanted to visit and things I wanted to do. But before I knew it, it was all over,” he shrugged, letting out a hollow laugh. “Back to endless academic suffering…” he added, trailing off into awkward silence.

When the topic changed to Izzy’s painting, Adrian sighed quietly in relief. “Yeah, go ahead!” He lifted his sunglasses to the top of his head and leaned forward in anticipation. “Landscapes are a good choice. But you must be really creative to be able to blend two different elements together,” he commented as she talked about her painting. He tapped his fingers on the edge of the bench, smiling slightly. It was almost unbelievable how curious he was.

As Izzy unveiled her artwork, Adrian’s eyes widened. A part of it was due to his surprise, that someone as insignificant as Izzy could hold such a hidden talent. The wildflowers were the first thing that caught his attention, mesmerized by the vibrancy of their colors. While she continued her explanation, he nodded along and let his gaze trail across the painting. She moved on to speaking about the background, and Adrian glanced at the scattered buildings, trees and water which remained unfinished. He was lost in a daze, studying the artwork from its brushwork to the smallest of details.

After a short pause, he spoke up. “…It looks… Amazing.” His wide eyes were almost shining in awe, unable to look away. “I’m personally a fan of realism more, but you make everything look so coherent. All the elements blend so seamlessly together. I especially like how you painted the flowers—” Adrian cut himself off, his cheeks going slightly red. He’d realized he went a little too in-depth for his liking. He cleared his throat, looking back up at her. “I mean, uh, you’re a very talented artist. You surprised me,” he laughed, trying to distract from his growing embarrassment.

He looked back at the painting as he considered her comment about adding a final touch. “I see what you mean, though. I think it lacks a little definition, to make it look more real and add depth to the scene,” he explained, as his gaze trailed up to the sky on the canvas. Oddly enough, he’d always found himself drawn to it, not only in paintings but in reality as well. “Hmm, and, you could add more to the sky, I think. It’s always the main element to set the mood and lighting of the piece. Just a suggestion,” he added casually and shrugged, acting as if he hadn’t put much thought to it.

@Jass ⁠{✧} Isabella Rodriguez

Outfit

Once again, sunglasses at night

1 Like

Shiloh

Shiloh wanted to squeal with joy when Victoria offered to help. “Would you? That would really help me out!”. After warning Victoria about the roomate, Shiloh opened the door to find her not there, and sighing with relief.
“It’s not that I’m that mindful of my roomate, but I already filled the room with so much stuff yesterday, and I brougth even more in, and then I might be disturbing her peace by carrying heavy stuff in and talking with a frie … colleague … I’m embarrased to be so annoying to her. Thankfully she’s absent.”
They walked in and Shiloh put the box down in the middle of the room. She put her hand out towards Victoria hinting for her to hand her the things in her hand. As she was being handed items, she responded to Victoria “Yeah, it was fun and the weight didn’t feel heavy at all.” Shiloh then put the things she was handed into the box and pushed the box under her bed. “Yeah let’s get that coffe.” She took a small bag and put in her phone, her wallet and a map of the school. Before they left she said “Let’s not actually get coffee, because it’s late and I won’t be able to sleep. Unless it’s decaf.”

@Jass - Victoria

NEW DAY STARTS NOW

@LunaticLeviTheSecond @Ouijaloveletters @Jass @Bluecookies @bpalmer @Tina.G @idiot.exe

6 Likes

Jasper had his first 3 classes of the year. It was quite a boring morning, every minute of the class he felt like such an outsider. Mostly because these classes were severely under his level, he had gone through them already his previous year. Only class he was looking forward to was the acting one, even his previous year he had adored that class over any of his others. His morning classes however, they weren’t quite enjoyable, so he felt a sense of relief when it was lunchtime.

As Jasper noticed Kayden standing alone during lunch, he decided it was a good opportunity to approach him and strike up a conversation. He felt they would be crossing paths often this year, so he wanted to get to know Kayden for himself. With a friendly smile, Jasper made his way over to where Kayden was standing.

Jasper approached Kayden with an easygoing grin, his backpack slung casually over one shoulder. “Hey mate! Room for one more? I was getting tired of my own company, thought I’d upgrade to some quality conversation.” He leaned against an adjacent table, a nonchalant posture that suggested he was completely at ease in social interactions.

“How’s your day going?” Jasper inquired with genuine interest. His eyes sparkled with a friendly glint, and there was an openness to his body language that invited Kayden to share. “Any exciting plans on the horizon? Or are you just navigating the thrilling journey of surviving classes and hoping to make it through the days unscathed?” His tone was light-hearted, aiming to make Kayden feel at ease and perhaps even draw out a chuckle.

@Kate - Kayden

Victoria awoke early on the first day of school, a surge of excitement propelling her into action. Eager for the day ahead and with volleyball tryouts looming, she laced up her running shoes. The campus, still wrapped in the quiet embrace of dawn, beckoned for a brisk morning run.

As her feet pounded against the pavement, a sense of anticipation filled her. The crisp morning breeze enlivened her, and each step seemed to amplify the thrum of excitement within. She wasn’t a slave to a running schedule, but today had felt perfect for a run - a mix of the joy of classes beginning and the physical preparation for the tryouts.

Returning to her room, Victoria prepared for classes, relishing the freedom to choose her attire. Gone were the days of school uniforms from her London life. She selected pleated trousers and a crisp white cardigan. Meticulous attention was paid to every detail of her outfit. It wasn’t about impressing others, but rather about finding comfort and confidence in herself.

As she made her way to classes, Katrina weighed on her mind. Katrina had cancelled on their language session the day before, understandably so with what went down, but Victoria had been excited about their session for both intellectual reasons, learning a new language, but also to spend more time with Katrina and get to know her on a deeper level.

In Chemistry, Victoria embraced the challenge of the honors class, while it was a difficult class, Victoria enjoyed the intellectual stimulation it offered. The English class that followed, however, felt incomplete without Katrina’s presence. Her thoughts drifted to Katrina and the challenges she faced in the recent days. It pained Victoria to imagine anyone enduring such hardships, especially someone as kind and friendly as Katrina appeared to be. Thoughts of her swirled, distracting Victoria from the lesson on athlete movements.

During the lunch break, Victoria’s concern for Katrina compelled her to action. With a sense of purpose, she gathered lunch for both of them and made her way to Katrina’s dormitory. Knocking gently on the door, she called out, “Hi Katrina, it’s Victoria. I heard about what happened, and I just wanted to check in on you. Can we talk? I brought us lunch.”

Pausing for a moment, Victoria remembered the Scottish Gaelic phrase she had learned. “Could you open up for me, mas e do thoil e? please she added, hoping the familiar language would offer comfort and familiarity to Katrina. She waited patiently for a response, her concern palpable in the air.

1 Like

Kayden woke up and got ready for the first day of classes. He was super excited since he likes to learn and is pretty good at grasping the information. Plus it was a new school, new start and he is not in the same town. He finished his first 3 classes of the day and he had lunch next which he went to the cafeteria and got his food. He ended up looking around the room to see if there was any tables open for him.

As Kayden was looking around the room he heard a voice and someone stand right next to him and it sounded familiar so he turned his head and saw none other than Jasper which he remembers seeing briefly yesterday and how Brex has mentioned him a little yesterday as well. “Hey Jasper yeah we can sit together that sounds nice to be honest, plus I don’t really know anyone here and do not see Brex or Finn.” He smiles at him and they find a table and sit down.

As we sat down Jasper asked me how my day was “So far my day is going well, like my classes so far. How about yourself?” He could tell Jasper was nice and trying to be nice as well which he did not care about. Plus he knew if something happened between Brex and Jasper then Kayden will be seeing him a lot more so might as well talk and get to know each other better.

@Jass - Jasper
@bpalmer - Brex mentioned
@ChayChay05 - Finn mentioned

2 Likes

Jasper responded warmly to Kayden’s invitation to sit together, appreciating the opportunity to connect with someone new. He smiled in return and followed Kayden to the table, taking a seat opposite him.

When Kayden shared about his day and classes, Jasper listened attentively, nodding in understanding. He offered a genuine response like, “Glad to hear your day went well this far. Classes can be hit or miss, but it’s always a relief when they turn out alright.” He said as he leaned back a bit in his chair, “I survived my classes, but I must admit, they’re a bit of a snooze fest. Already went through them last year, so not much of a challenge.” He had decided to be open with Kayden a little bit how he was really feeling about the classes. While he didn’t know Kayden too well yet, he trusted him enough to do so by association and his first impression.

He wanted to get to know him better though, so he followed up with a question, “Hey Kayden, spill the beans, mate. You’re fresh to this academy, yeah? What’s the story? Are you from 'round these parts or did you come from afar to be here, like me?” Based on how Kayden spoke Jasper assumed he was from the States, but he wasn’t quite sure.

@Kate - Kayden

1 Like