Staff Member Rant Chat!

I agree.

1 Like

I was actually talking about maybe creating a staff code of conduct with the heads! I’m sure @anon68003072 and @CrazyCaliope would be very happy if we made not tampering with Sheety one of the rules

4 Likes

I mean it should have been a rule already. :eyes: At least removing a persons name and such.

3 Likes

Right! It should also just be common courtesy.

1 Like

When
When
When
When people come at you for being flagged for nothing even though they don’t know if it was even you and just assume because you’re staff
And they’re actually being flagged for really justified reasons so like hmph

5 Likes

Omg this is so annoying! I hate it as well!

Hmm my pet peeve is when something is suggested some will immediately misjudge what you meant. It’s annoying plus having to explain the simplest thing because no one wants to read through the whole montage of replies from chat before responding. If there is multiple messages then that means most likely they’ve gotten to the bottom of the issue.

3 Likes

Yeah it is pretty annoying when somebody just replies with “what?” After a discussion has already happened about the subject, especially on the serious topics that have clearly been talked through already. By all means if people wanna voice their thoughts afterwards they can but I’m not here to give a TL;DR :joy:

3 Likes

Exactly how I feel! They can voice their opinions but at least read all the way to end before you do respond. It’s just a pet peeve of mine that gets me every time.

2 Likes

I suppose the biggest one for me is the way people use anonymous threads to complain despite us saying multiple times that we don’t deal with complaints that way.

We say time and time again that if people have issues then they should come to us, even if their issue involves changing something here we’ll always consider what they say.

So it just really frustrates me when I see those complaints because of the constant repetition of telling people to PM us. It also frustrates me when people say we don’t help even though like, they don’t even give us the chance to. :joy:

They don’t play their part in flagging things that break the rules either. So I have no time for anonymous complaints. Come to us directly or don’t but anonymously complaining won’t solve anything.

3 Likes

Mine: When users demand that someone else be banned because they don’t like what that person said. :worried:

4 Likes

They usually say it as a joke tho

1 Like

Literally thoughhh. If you need help, you PM us.

We don’t bite, and we’re literally the people who kinda HAVE to help and learn to do better around here. If we aren’t given a chance or a way to do that because someone won’t actually talk about it to us, that’s not our faults lol.

1 Like

(Raises hand) I would be

You’re right. It’s a spoken of but unwritten rule.

HOW COME NO ONE ADDED TAGS?!

Joke or not they shouldn’t say it :woman_shrugging: and it has been said before seriously, or even the basically same thing “why isn’t this person banned?”, “why are you still here?” It shouldn’t be said, if it’s a joke it’s quite simply not funny.

1 Like

Yeah it seems really gatekeep-y. I don’t even get to ban people just because I dislike them and I pay for this platform. So it just seems quite entitled

1 Like

Whoa, I don’t consider those as funny. Maybe something like this seems like a joke to me:

“I love pineapples on pizza”
“BANNED”

Or smth like that.

(Also, I’m not insulting/judging/bashing people who like pineapple on pizza. I just took that as an example. No offense :slightly_smiling_face::hocho:)

Oh those jokes are funny! But I don’t think that’s what Melancholic meant!

1 Like