Staff Member Rant Chat!

Share the things that get on your last nerve as a staff member or ex staff member!

OR

Share the things that staff members do that annoy you!

No judgement here! Have fun! Just stick to the rules of the Forums!

6 Likes

Personally, I hate it when users know they’re breaking a rule but test it anyway and then whine about how unfair it is. I think it’s extremely childish behaviour.

6 Likes

Message for all: try not to name names here though. It’s ranting but not bullying. (wink)

6 Likes

Yes! We name no names! This is about behaviour that anyone can participate in! Don’t get too specific or personal! Don’t be like “I hate when a staff member says they’re going to take the dog for a walk and then goes and has a nap and farts in the bedroom”. It’s just kinda weird

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s stupid.

2 Likes

I don’t like when staff members comment on threads after they’ve been closed unless it’s for official reasons, I can forgive mistakes of course but not conversations.

5 Likes

I shall promise to start doing this to annoy Elly. (smirk)

4 Likes

Did I add the plugin where it warns staff members before they comment on a closed thread? If I didn’t, I was supposed to!

3 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

You did :smiley:

3 Likes

This makes it even worse XD

3 Likes

Another one for me is when people remove each other’s names from the spreadsheet. DON’T DEFILE SHEETY

5 Likes

It’s something I do, actually. I always commit to doing something super helpful for the Forums and then have 100 other things to do and forget. BAD SHANOS

2 Likes

Here are some of my sheet peeves:

• Not claiming tasks properly
  • Unproperly claiming tasks
  • Claiming tasks in a way that isn’t correct
5 Likes

I completely agree. Especially with number 2. Number 2 is the worst

3 Likes

Used to be me, but I figured it out.

2 Likes

Yep…. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

People do that? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m not sure how much of a problem it is now, but I remember when I used to fill in the Sheety before Cali and El took over. People would just remove other people’s names for no reason. Like, they wouldn’t even add their own! They’d just remove other people’s!

3 Likes

Okay but that’s straight up disrespectful. I think there should be a rule against that. With consequences. But that’s just me. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes