Steps in writing your fictional countries for your fictional world(Worldbuilding)

As we all know on Earth they are about 195 and probably more we don’t know about and so it would be very awesome if in your world you added your own countries.

So here is a little advice if you’re creating your own fictional world (a world that isn’t earth, mars etc)

First step of all:

1. Naming your fictional countries

To some people naming fictional worlds or countries can seem hard (same for me lmao half the time I cringe at the names I give but it’s all well) and so thanks be the glory they are online generator sites to help you generate a name so you don’t have to think to hard on this one.

1. Culture

Well almost every country has a culture, the way of life, the marriage rituals/customs, their laws (what you can and can’t do), how they normally dress and etcezetera. In a lot of places (like Nigeria) the cultures are really diverse (for example in Nigeria they are about 250-300 ethnics groups and about 250 or 500 hundred languages are spoken in Nigeria) so does your world have a country that is diverse? with different set of customs? or nah?

1. Economy

You need to consider what the location and what resources helps or harms/destroys the economy. And also what other countries might contribute For example: one country has the highest oil and so they trade it with other countries, one is rich with gold so they trade it and ectera.

1. Kingdom (if have)

In my world there is a kingdom for the entire world that is located in one country that is said to be closer to the gods, but because the planet is huge and they are so many countries I can’t just have 1 royal and so here comes the different/lower royals in different countries who listen to the head of the planet (the royals who are said to be descendants of the gods and rule the whole planet) but they also have their own laws in their own country.

1. Geography

A city. A palace. A street and an apartment this are very important also if in your world they are tropical countries/worlds then you need to consider given them something tropical or whatever.

1. History

Every country has a history, that also leads to their culture (Number 2 as listed) you can look into some countries that interest you history and be influenced by it.

This are just some tips!

@Writers @WattpadWizards Should I make a worldbuilding/character building tag?

5 Likes

Moved to writing chat and added some tags

2 Likes

thank you! these are very important to think about!
and i’d love a worldbuilding and characer building tag

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity