Stereotypes All Over the World

A stereotype is a “widely held but fixed and oversimplified image of a particular type of person or thing”. If you didn’t know, there are many stereotypes in this world. Stereotypes in middle school, high school, college. Most typically, it’s a way to group up a certain people that share similar characteristics, appearances, attitudes.

So where you’re from, and where you lurk around in the internet, what are some stereotypes around the world or places near you that are either very prevalent, or just a thing?

4 Likes

oh yeah one thing I can think of is that if you’re a Filipino and is very fluent in English, you’re “high-class” and rich or something :eyes:

I’m not rich, I just learned English at a very young age and somehow managed to improve through years in my life. It’s been used against me by my classmate when we got into a misunderstanding (and that classmate wasn’t even supposed to be in that misunderstanding that was already fixed). I use English because I’m not really fluent at my own dialect so I figured I can occassionally use English to make my message clear. Apparently… you don’t belong in the Philippines when you speak that foreign language :sweat_smile:

Just so you know, English is our second language :eyes:

3 Likes

Okay, here are some stereotypes to try not to say about a kiwi (New Zealand)…

• Anything similar to Aussie
  • That we’re Hobbits
  • Anything sheep-related
  • Mention Auckland, I dare you (glares)
1 Like

There’s a stereotype that all black people are ghetto and if they talk normal they’re apparently “white-washed”. Huh.

1 Like

the black community is homophobic- first of all in every community there is homophobia yes the black community is homophobic and that is wrong but so is every other community but I guess y’all just like sterotyping black people with negative sterotypes so you wouldn’t look twice at the other homophobia from people :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

OMG SAME

Closed due to inactivity