Story Writing Advice

I’ve recently decided to make a comic with my friend. She’s an incredible artist and I’m an ambitious writer who’s looking for some practice and has way too much free time on her hands.

I haven’t come up with everything for the story (honestly it’s more like the basic outline). Of course I plan on reading everything I can about story writing and character development. Basically what this post is for is some advice/questions for writers AND readers. Everyone’s opinion matters as I really do want to make this as amazing as I can. Here are the questions:

• Should I write the entire story beforehand or should I write it one chapter at a time?
  • How much detail should I put into the minor/side characters?
  • Should I even include romance?
  • I have two ideas, each a different genre. One would be a comedy that ends in a sad ending. The other’s something more based around action/fantasy.
  • What is your opinion on more than one season?
  • What is your opinions on love triangles?

All of this stuff would help me out a lot! Please feel free to give me any other advice or give your opinion on some other things that annoy you so I can try to avoid those things.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this means drafting, but if it does then yes i think you should draft it.

Honestly thats up to you but i guess it depends on how trivial they are to the story line.

Up to you. I personally don’t care if a story has romance or not.

I like both genres. The comedy one might be interesting but i can’t choose.

I think it’s great.

It’s cool as long as it doesn’t overshadow the main plot. Otherwise it personally doesn’t matter to me.

2 Likes

You should outline your story first, then write one chapter at a time.

I would say depends on how important that character is. You can add a few traits in them and a backstory as well.

That’s up to you, but most readers love romance stories.

Comedy

Awesome!

The majority loves love triangles but I would feel bad for the person who ended up not being loved.

1 Like

Oh, how’s the comic going, @Skyler2?

1 Like

Oh well, let’s see, I can’t actually remember which comic this was talking about and I haven’t worked on any comic in months so I’d say it’s nowhere near done and/or started.
We can close this, if you want.

1 Like

Oh dear. Okay.
Well, if you want to. (pouts with a thumbs up)

1 Like

Well I dont have much more use for it

1 Like

Fair enough. Do you want to do it or do you want me to?

1 Like

Can you please?

1 Like

Closed at OP request