Studio Ghibli Is Awesome

Studio Ghibli, for those who haven’t heard of it, is a Japanese animation company. It’s produced great movies like Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, and Kiki’s Delivery Service, all of which are amazing films that I would highly recommend watching if you haven’t already seen.

Group drawing featuring characters from a large set of films.

Studio Ghibli films, though largely targeted towards children, are highly enjoyable for a lot of different age groups and have a lot to offer. A large number of the films are set in worlds entirely different from our own, many of which feature magic.

So, let’s let this thread be a place to talk about Studio Ghibli! Feel free to share any fun information that you know about the company, debate with @ChaoticDeluge about whether or not the anime category is truly the right place for this, talk about your favorite movies, admire the art, or do whatever Ghibli-related things you want to do.

If you’re more of a list of questions type of person:

• Have you seen any of their movies?
  • What’s your favorite movie from Studio Ghibli that you’ve seen?
Tags

@fraud
@Mouschi

9 Likes

Yes! They’re amazing! :heart_eyes:

I must say Spirited Away! I never get tired of it, I’ve watched it sooo many times. Funnily enough I never managed to sit trough My Neighbor Totoro, nothing happens :joy: But Toronto is super cute! I love drawing him

1 Like

:scream::pleading_face:

a) kill autocorrect
b) yesss very cute

1 Like

Hahahaha Toronto :joy:

2 Likes

YES! YES! YES! It really is awesome!

2 Likes

I need to watch My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. Are they on Netflix?

1 Like

Google tells me that they are in some regions! They also seem to be on Hulu and HBO max…

2 Likes

I think I’ve actually seen every Ghibli film :thinking: There may be one or two I haven’t seen

Kiki’s Delivery Service :hearts: What an amazing film

2 Likes

yesss it’s so good :hearts:

i have a plush version of jiji that lives in my tiny totoro backpack that i drag everywhere

it’s just such a fun movie to see

1 Like

Aw! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes yes yes yes yes yessssssss I LOVEEEEE THEMMMM!!!

1 Like

tiny backpacks are the best, and totoro themed ones are even better
i’ve only ever gotten compliments on the backpack :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I need to watch that.

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t know where…

There should be a whole bunch of places that let you stream them!

Ah, ok. Or maybe YouTube.

So Ghibli has a museum in Japan which looks amazing :eyes:

They’ve been posting tour videos on their YouTube channel, which I’ll link if anyone is interested, which just make me want to visit it more. Unfortunately, doing that is not gonna be remotely possible for a while.

So, would any of you guys want to visit the Ghibli Museum if you could?

1 Like

Please link it! And I’m very interested :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think this is the right link :eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd1b2TUlpmDLU7YpPu889Lg

1 Like

Hm… It’s all in Japanese and there’s no subtitle and I don’t know any Japanese :joy:

1 Like