Sukkot ✨ (Jewish holiday)

Heyo it’s me, your resident Jewish rad lad! :sunglasses:
So today if the first day of Sukkot,
what do you want Michelle wtf is sukkot-

Well,
Sukkot is a weeklong Jewish holiday that comes five days after Yom Kippur (which is a fast, I can explain about it also to whoever wants)

So basically in this holiday, people celebrate the gathering of the crops, and remember the time in the past when small shelters were made by the Jews when they were in the wilderness and had no homes.

Those small shelters are called a “Sukkah” (or sukkot plural). The sukkah is a temporary hut/booth thing with a roof of branches and leaves

Traditionally, Jews are required to eat and sleep in the sukkah for the whole 7 days of the holiday. But technically nobody expects them to sleep there, it’s not really comfortable :woman_shrugging:t4:
Most Jews who celebrate Sukkot just spend some time in the sukkah eating and relaxing but go indoors to sleep (don’t tell god)

There are many more traditions to this holiday, and I was going to explain more but then I found this amazing video that explains it better (and radder) than I ever could
So watch it :sunglasses:

So,
Have you ever heard about this holiday before? Ever Celebred it? Wherever you live, have you ever encountered a Sukkah around this time of the year? Does it sound like a rad holiday to you?

Happy Sukkot you rad lads :wink:

@Discussions

10 Likes

Picnic holiday, that’s so adorable :pleading_face:

And happy Sukkot to you guys!

2 Likes

YOM KIPPUR WAS FIVE DAYS AGO?!

2 Likes

Happy sukkotttt

2 Likes

Yes👀
it was on my birthday

1 Like

Aww this is so cute and interesting!

2 Likes

oh well then its fine that i forgot, we had bigger things to worry about
:heart:

2 Likes

HEHEHEHE. Love the video. Thank you for sharing this holiday.

2 Likes

Sukkot is rad :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity