Swapped - Official SG

Swapped

High school. A time to learn, socialize, and figure out who you are. High school is hard anyway, but doing it all in someone else’s life? That’s nearly impossible. Who would have thought that a regular day of school would lead to finding yourself swapping lives with another student. Waking up in someone else’s house, looking in the mirror at someone who isn’t you, all you know is that it must be because of Max Parker .

For this SG the characters will be high school students, who were told to go help one of their fellow students who needed help with an experiment, which goes wrong leading the students to wake up the next day in each other’s bodies. They all have to try and figure out how to live as each other until they can find a way to reverse the swap. The SG will start prior to when the characters swap bodies.

I will write the story in parts, asking for information for each of your characters at the end of each part, and sometimes as I am writing.

Faceclaims: Link
Signup Thread: Link

Please remember, do not post on this thread. Answer any questions through pm or the signup thread.

Tags

@CrazyCaliope @sunflower.flow @angelic @astxrism @unsungcheerio @Soleil @Daunt

7 Likes

February 17th. Barely six weeks after his mother finally divorced her most recent husband and one month after the family moved into their new home. Blaine laid in bed still asleep, surrounded by the boxes of his yet to be unpacked bedroom. Suddenly, he had a younger girl leaning over him, attempting to shake him awake. “Blaine come on, wake up. We are going to be late for the bus.”
Blaine’s eyes opened at his sister’s plea. “I’m up. I’m up…” He pushed her off of him as he sat up, rubbing his eyes sleepily. “Go on, I’ll be ready in five.” Blaine shoved his giggling little sister off of his bed and out of the room as he began to get ready.

Blaine was not the only student to suddenly be awoken by a younger sibling. Natalie woke up to the sound of a screeching cry. That night was spent at her mother’s house, where unfortunately the new baby’s cries sounded throughout the entire house. She had attempted to use her pillow to block the sound, covering her head for a while, but it was to no avail. She had no chance to return to sleep before she eventually had no choice other than to reluctantly climb out of bed. She barely stopped in the kitchen to grab something to eat on the go, on her way out of the house. The only reason for her delay was her mother, pacing, attempting to soothe the distressed infant. “Sorry if Joey disturbed your sleep, Natalie. He’s running a fever and won’t calm down.”
Natalie looked to her mother, with a fake smile and a hint of irritation in her eyes. “He’s upset? I didn’t even notice. He didn’t bother my sleep at all.” Natalie did not even bother to wait for her mother’s reaction before walking out the door where she got on her motorcycle and rode to school. Finally having some quiet, even if it only lasted a short while.

It was relatively nice out that morning as Shelby walked to school. Luckily enough for her, she did not live too far, so it was merely a matter of the weather being decent to walk. A few clouds could be seen, but nothing to deter her from her walk. That is, aside from the near collision as she stepped onto school grounds. A girl raced past her on a bright pink and blue bicycle, barely missing her. A part of Shelby was irritated by the girl’s lack of care, but as the girl rode past she went against the thought of saying something. She wasn’t hurt, and there was a full list of stuff that she had to do, all of which took priority over potentially causing a scene.

Reverie rode her bike to school that morning. She was running late, so she had to rush to be to school in time for the art club, which was having a meeting before the first class of the day. The art club had made an agreement to help with the set design of the school play. Due to her rush, she barely managed to avoid colliding with another girl as she rode her bike to school. When she secured the bike to the rack, she gave a sweet, apologetic smile in the girl’s direction before walking inside. She had to show that she didn’t mean to nearly run her over, even if she had to quickly make her way inside.

Laurel stood in the girl’s bathroom at school, adjusting the earrings she was wearing. She waited until she had gotten to school to do anything about her belly button piercing, or the additional piercings in her ears, due to her parents disapproval. She may not like being told what she can and cannot do, but she knows there are some battles that aren’t worth the fight, and keeping her piercings low key while her parents were around saved her the headache. At that point, Laurel pulled her hair into a high ponytail, put in her earbuds, and walked down the hall to her locker, seemingly without a care in the world. Just as Laurel got to her locker, she saw the junior who had the locker next to her (Natalie - @CrazyCaliope) was at her own, looking at something. Laurel looked the girl over, then removed one of the earbuds from her ears before speaking merely a couple words. “Nice jacket.”

Michigan had a busier morning compared to many of his classmates. First was the chaos that came from having overslept. Ten minutes was long enough to put everyone extremely behind. He jumped out of bed to get himself ready only to find the twins arguing, Leila trying to find Kitten, and Lima trying to clean a mess in the kitchen. It seemed like forever, but he convinced Gift and Prisa to stop fighting and help Lima, then he found Kitten right away, knowing where she always hid. With the chaos settled temporarily, he was able to get everyone into the car to get to school. With Leila’s daughter Vivian at daycare, Kitten, Glow, and Lima at their elementary school, and Tanny at middle school, Michigan was finally able to get himself, Leila, and the twins to school. They only got there a few minutes later than planned, but for Michigan, it may as well have been a lifetime. He had been waiting to get to school that morning. Not to avoid the chaos of home, but to see if he had gotten the role he had wanted for the school musical.

Reese walked to school with a friend that morning, Giselle. The two had walked to school together many times in the past year and a half since she began her freshman year. Reese had met the girl next door when they moved in with their cousin, Martha, so the two had gotten to know each other. The two talked just a little as they walked to school. Reese’s mind was preoccupied by the auditions that had taken place for the spring musical the previous Friday. Unless there were any callbacks, the cast list would be posted that morning, with Reese in a lead role of course, so as soon as they got to school, Reese made a beeline for where the list was pinned. That’s where they came across Michigan (@unsungcheerio) who had just found what his role was. The smile said it all, even before he could say a word. He was the leading male for the musical.
Giselle walked inside the school with Reese and watched as they immediately went to see their role in the spring musical. With her friend gone, she walked down the hall with a smile, to her locker. That’s when her smile faltered then turned to a look of confusion. There was a note inside the locker, signed by the name of someone she didn’t know, Max Parker. Unsure about the note, she looked over to a dark haired girl she had a couple of classes with. (Shelby - @CrazyCaliope) “Did you get a note about assisting in an experiment too?”

Kwan was dropped off at school that morning by his mother. Though he could have walked just as easily, she still chose to drop him off while driving his little sister to school. Finally at the place he disliked so much, he walked inside. He was yet to reach his locker when a much shorter girl (Reverie - @sunflower.flow) walked right into him as they each turned a corner. “Woah, where are you going Pinkie Pie?”

Stepping out of his sister’s car, Olin smiled at her as she said goodbye. Her dropping him off with a kind smile on her way to school had become a regular routine for the siblings. He watched as she pulled away in the car before walking inside the school and down the hall. He paused on the way to his locker as he passed by where Reese and Michigan (@Daunt/@unsungcheerio) were standing. “Did you two get the roles you were hoping for?”

Cameron arrived at school in his Jeep along with his sister. She was just a freshman and she had friends that she had to go see, so the two separated from each other as soon as they arrived at their school, leaving Cameron alone as he walked to his locker. That’s where first, he found a note. He glanced over the paper with little thought before shoving it back into the locker and closing the door. As he shut the locker door he looked to notice a new student. Cameron thought he may have seen him once or twice previously, but they had never interacted and the individual was certainly new. “Hey there” was all he had to say to catch the guy’s attention.
The new guy, Blaine, looked from the note in his locker, to the shirtless Cameron standing a couple lockers away. Cameron was wearing a jacket, but his chest was fully exposed, something which caught Blaine’s attention much more than he would have liked. “Hey? I’m, uh… I’m Blaine.”

Questions

To All:

• Though there may not have been much in this introductory part for some of the characters, how do you feel about my representation of your characters? Is there anything you feel was inaccurate?

• Are there any other characters aside from Reese and Michigan who would have tried out for the school musical?

• Would your character act in a particular way (or bring up/say something specific) towards the character they are interacting with? (If they would act a certain way, tell me now. If there’s not a certain way you say they would act, you can leave it to my own interpretation)

Tags

6 Likes

Blaine held the note from his locker in his hand as he shut the locker door to turn towards Cameron who smiled before introducing himself. “I’m Cameron.” He paused for just a moment, looking Blaine over. “So, Blaine. You’re new around here, right? Are you interested in any sports?” Cameron asked, curious to know more about Blaine.
“Yeah, I just moved here at the beginning of the semester, and not really. I like baseball and softball, but more just to watch. I’m not much of the sports type.”

Cameron nodded as Blaine answered him, and rested his arm against the locker. “Alright, if you’re not a sports guy, what is it that you like to do in your free time?”

“I’m more of a writer. I take it you’re a sports guy then?”

“Sure, I like sports, but I’d consider myself a people guy. A writer though? I bet you would sit out under a tree by the stream writing romantic stuff for a girl. Half the girls here would just love that.” Cameron said, running a hand through his hair, then fixing his gaze on Blaine to hear his response.

Blaine nodded slightly as he listened to Cameron’s words, struggling to keep his focus on the guy’s face… and his piercing eyes… instead of his entire, very attractive body. “You, uh… definitely look like a guy that does sports to me. I, on the other hand, am not that great with people.” At the next part of what Cameron said, Blaine shrugged awkwardly. “For the right person. I wouldn’t for just anyone.”

“For the right person?” Cameron repeated. “What type of person would that be?”

Michigan had pulled Reese into an excited hug just as Olin had walked up to them asking if they got the roles they wanted. Michigan’s smile unfaltering, he looked to Olin.

“Yeah! We both got lead roles!”

“I heard you’re helping out, right Olin?” Reese asked.
Olin nodded. He hadn’t auditioned, but he had gotten roped into helping out some with the musical. “Yeah, I’m helping with the music, and that’s great that you both got leads.”

Reverie looked up at the individual she had walked into. First she nearly ran a girl over on the way to school, but now she actually ran into a guy. Kwan, a guy she had seen in one of her classes. She looked up at him with a bright smile. “Thanks for thinking I’m cute and sweet.” Reverie said in reference to him calling her Pinkie Pie. “I’m just trying to get to the art room.”

Kwan chuckled as he crossed his arms looking down at her. “Look Pinkie Pie, watch where you’re going next time, and tell me where Marco is.” Marco was a student in their math class, who Kwan had to find to get the homework he had gotten done for him which was due that day.

“I’ll try to be more careful next time, don’t worry. Oh, Marco, I saw him enter the boy’s bathroom down the hall just a few minutes ago. Hopefully that helps make up for bumping into you.”

Shelby looked over at the girl who had spoken to her with a slight nod. She had gotten a note saying to meet at lunch, but it seemed the girl had gotten a note as well. “Yeah, I did.” Shelby said, showing the note to her.

Giselle looked at the note in Shelby’s hand, confirming that the note was in fact the same one she had. “Do you have any idea who this ‘Max Parker’ is? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of him.”

Giselle may not have known, but Shelby knew exactly who Max was. “Maxine.”

“Maxine? Who’s Maxine?”

“Maxine Parker. She’s a senior.” Shelby knew all about Max. The girl Shelby wished she was, though she knew she would never be, no matter how much she studied.

“Oh!” Giselle honestly didn’t expect that the Max from the note was a girl. “Why would she pick both of us?”

Shelby shrugged in response as she grabbed what she needed and closed her locker so she could walk to class. “I don’t know. I guess we have something in common. Maybe someone who knows her might have an idea?”

“Thanks, nice face, you’ve caked on just enough makeup today.” Natalie said with a roll of her eyes, taking just a moment to glance over the girl. Natalie had no interest in continuing to interact with the girl, and looked back at the note she had found from Max.

Laurel looked at Natalie, annoyed due to her comment. She looked her over and mumbled to herself, “Wow, thanks.” If the girl was going to be rude and ignore her, why try to be nice. You get treated the way you treat others. Laurel turned back to her locker, placing the loose earbud back in her ear, only to find a note in there for herself.

Questions
  • How does your character approach romance and relationships? How fast do they move in a relationship(in a physical and emotional sense)? What about short lived flings or even just a night?

• How does your character feel about going to meet Max during lunch? If they wouldn’t want to go, what would make them decide to go, even if it’s reluctantly?

Tags

4 Likes

It’s time… maybe this will return another time…