Taking the SAT or ACT

The SAT and ACT are two standardized tests commonly used in the US for college admissions. The two tests take around the same amount of time, although the ACT asks considerably more questions and has a science section that the SAT does not. The science section is more about understanding graphs and information like that than any particular scientific knowledge. Neither penalizes you for incorrect answers, either. The SAT is scored between 400 and 1600, whereas the ACT is scored between 1 and 36.

• Have you taken either? Which? What was your experience with the test?
  • If youā€™ve taken both, which did you prefer? Which did you get a better score on?
  • Which would you rather take?
2 Likes

I got a 21 on the ACT

2 Likes

I took the act three or four times (trying to get a certain scholarship) and couldnā€™t get the score I needed, then took the sat and got the score I needed on the first tryšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m better at English than I am at math, so the sat might be better for people with a similar wiring to mine. The highest scores I got were a 28 on the Act and a 1290 I think on the sat.

1 Like

What were the scholarship thresholds? :eyes:

1 Like

You had to score a 20 or up on all subjects for the act and an overall 1250 I think for the sat I forget what the thresholds for the specific subjects. My math was a consistent 18 on the ACT every time time I took it even though I had a 19 or above on the rest of the subjectsšŸ˜­

1 Like

Awww that sucks! Sorry you had to take it so many times

1 Like

It wasnā€™t very funšŸ˜‚ I wish Iā€™d just taken the SAT first

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve taken the SAT twice, but once was when I was really young (11 maybe?) :thinking:

1 Like

Woah, eleven?

2 Likes

I didnā€™t do well on it :joy:

It was for a summer program thingā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™ve only taken the ACT. I took it twice. I think I ended up with a 30 the second time? I donā€™t remember one way or another for sure. My scores on each section were in the range of 28-30 if I remember right.

1 Like

Took the SAT once and never doing it again :rofl: plus most colleges arenā€™t requiring standardized testing for c/o 21

1 Like

A lot of places are dropping testing! Did you do well on the test?

1 Like

That sounds like a good score! Congrats!

Not reallyyyy :grimacing: :grimacing: meanwhile all my friends were getting like near-perfect scores

1 Like

Hey @Soleil! I got Ibispaint, all I need now is a stylusā€¦

1 Like

Awww I hate it when that happens

1 Like

Cool!! I think for ibis itā€™s actually easier to draw with your finger though :rofl:

Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll get good enough using it to do awesome reqests like you do. Thanks again for the drawing.

1 Like

My friend was complaining about her 1570 :woman_facepalming:

1 Like