Text-based Stories or Novel Based Stories?

So, there are two new ways of writing that seem to become popular lately. The first one is novel-based stories which refer to apps like Choice Of Games, Delights Library, and other novel-based stories like that. There are many platforms that allow for novel-based writing now. The second option is text-based stories which I meaning the user stories that are told in a messaging format. Choices the interactive app lets users write in this style so that they create their own stories. There are many apps that allow for this type of writing style nowadays as well. In my opinion, I prefer novel-based stories versus text-based stories. The reason is that with novel-based you don’t have to worry about word counts when it comes to writing. All you need to worry about is how many chapters you are wanting to write out. With Text-based, I feel you lose the idea to its format. For instance, I have a hard time getting into the mood to read these stories since it’s hard to imagine the scene unfolding around the characters due to the limits of description in a sense. This is just my honest opinion since I’m more for visual novels and novel-based stories instead.

Text-based Stories or Novel-based Stories? Why? What do you not like about them?

@/Discussions @/Bookworms

2 Likes

Hm… both are good…
What does Episode come under?

1 Like

Technically, episode falls under the visual novel category since it involves visual scenes and characters that move in the story. I can see where people would definitely enjoy both. It just depends on the story to be honest.

1 Like

I prefer novel based because you get more detail that allows you to picture the scenes better. Text based is also a fun concept but only works for specific stories.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel the same way! You are very limited with text based stories.

1 Like

Also, welcome back!

1 Like

thanks for the welcome back

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like
My website where my Wattpad can be found

cutiepiettv0kcrk.wixsite .com/storiesmore/team-4-1 (Remove the SPACE between “website” & “.com”

Closed due to inactivity